OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

CyberCore Final Stage

Started by Obfuscate, 09/17/2012, 09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obfuscate

Picked this game up and have been playing the last few days. Once you get the controls and weapon system it seems pretty easy to get to the final stage. Then you get those speedy as hell blue stars or whatever they are and I just can't seem to dodge them yet. Anyone have some tips on what to do with these things? There has to be some pattern I'm not thinking of otherwise maybe you just get lucky once in a while and dodge enough of them to clear the game? Any advice from those who have beat this one?

SuperDeadite

Just got to get better at the game really.  Stock up on shields and use the right weapon.  After you beat it, play the original X68000 version and really get your ass handed to you. :)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

LostFlunky

I haven't played it in a while, but is Cybercore one of the shooters where you can change your "ship's" speed by pressing "select"?

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Obfuscate

Thanks Superdeadite, maybe just need more practice. Hopefully I get more out of the game then as the first 7 stages are fun but easy after a few tries.

LOL @ Arkhan

Lost Monkey. Yes, the ships speed changes. I play on the mid speed on that level, tried to crank it to max speed but you lose so much control that you avoid some but end up ramming into something else. At least I do.

Anyone else with tips would be appreciated!

esteban

Quote from: Obfuscate on 09/17/2012, 02:30 PMThanks Superdeadite, maybe just need more practice. Hopefully I get more out of the game then as the first 7 stages are fun but easy after a few tries.

LOL @ Arkhan

Lost Monkey. Yes, the ships speed changes. I play on the mid speed on that level, tried to crank it to max speed but you lose so much control that you avoid some but end up ramming into something else. At least I do.

Anyone else with tips would be appreciated!
I think this exact question has been asked about 3 times, and the most recent was within the past month or two! :pcgs:

Anyway, the trick is dodging the enemies that "DIVE DIVE DIVE" right at you. They always appear at the same places (alternating right and left), so you simply have to force yourself to start dodging left (or right, as it were) BEFORE you normally would.

It actually is as easy as it sounds and you don't need a speed-up (although that certainly helps): DODGE LEFT, DODGE RIGHT, DODGE LEFT, DODGE RIGHT. Break. Fwweeeeww. CRAP! THEY'RE BACK!

I don't recall having a significant problem with any of the other enemies/sequences in the final stage...but I do remember having to learn to DODGE EARLY.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Obfuscate