12/06/2023: Localization News - Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria!!!

OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What voltage would a core unit need through it's expansion port?

Started by soop, 09/25/2012, 10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

soop

I'm guessing it bypasses the regulator?  Basically I'm gonna battery power that and a screen - can I get away with 7.4 volts do you think?  The screen takes 5v fine, but the PCE doesn't (through the regular port),  Would I actually need to pass it through the regulator?  Or stick a regulator between the battery and the port?
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Frank_fjs

Pretty sure the PCE would require 5V from the expansion port, and not a drop more due to it bypassing the regulator. The fuse and power switch are also bypassed.

I'd wait until someone else can confirm though as I'm not 100% sure and I'd hate for you to blow up your PCE.

soop

Thanks man :)  to be fair though I do have a few lying about :D

I could probably disconnect the regulator and move it round back if need be?
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!