Graphics Corrupted for VALKYRIE NO DENSETSU

Started by choijimmy, 12/22/2012, 02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choijimmy

Hi Folks,

I got the VALKYRIE NO DENSETSU hucard today and got something odd.

The graphics for the game is somehow corrupted, and I am pretty sure it is Not my console issue ( I tried in my both console and got same result )

It is really strange... Never see this before ( eg, playable but screen corrupted   8) )

Any folks see this before?

Thanks!
Jimmy

esteban

First, don't give up. :pcgs:
Second, HuCARD may be dead. IMG

I have a DOA PC Genjin 2... 10 years ago I would have told folks that HuCards can't die, but then I received my sad, sad little PC Genjin 2...

IMG

I had to buy another copy (thankfully, it works fine)...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

choijimmy

Quote from: esteban on 12/22/2012, 03:01 PMFirst, don't give up. :pcgs:
Second, HuCARD may be dead. IMG

I have a DOA PC Genjin 2... 10 years ago I would have told folks that HuCards can't die, but then I received my sad, sad little PC Genjin 2...

IMG

I had to buy another copy (thankfully, it works fine)...
Thanks for reply. I do have few dead hucards :P  However, whenever they are dead, they are dead LOL ( eg, Not playable, white screen, etc... )
This is really odd one since playable but screen corrupted

CrackTiger

The only garbled HuCard I remember having was also PC Genjin 2.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SuperDeadite

White Screen = HuCard not detected.  Meaning clean the card, clean the slot, and pull the HuCard out a few millimeters.  Don't fully insert.

Garbled text can be a bad HuCard, but also still could be dirt.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

csgx1

I have a Arcade Duo card that seems to produce corrupt graphics with any arcade cd game.   I've tried numerous suggestions like pulling the card out partially, cleaning the contacts well and tape on the backside all with the same results.  Also tried on 4 different systems: 2 Duo Rs, 1 PCE Duo, and a SCD. 

IMG
IMG

choijimmy

Thanks guys. Then I pretty much confirmed it is bad hucard since I clean more than 10 times :)
This game will goto my special collection ;)

Thanks again

thesteve

i had 2 playable corrupted cards
a PC gengen2 and DE
the DE draws excessive power, and gets hot, but the other is fine other than the coruption

roflmao

Quote from: csgx1 on 12/22/2012, 06:44 PMI have a Arcade Duo card that seems to produce corrupt graphics with any arcade cd game.   I've tried numerous suggestions like pulling the card out partially, cleaning the contacts well and tape on the backside all with the same results.  Also tried on 4 different systems: 2 Duo Rs, 1 PCE Duo, and a SCD. 

IMG
IMG
My Arcade Card Pro was doing that one day (for Sapphire only - other ACD games seemed to work fine) and I nearly had a heart attack.  I was using either a diving board converter or chopsado at the time, but I've region modded my consoles since and it hasn't come back (thankfully).  Are you using a converter of some sort?

PCEngineHell

You can try lightly sanding the contacts with a mild sandpaper, then cleaning them with alcohol. Some oxidization of the contacts just cant be removed by normal methods of cleaning. If that doesn't take care of it then its just defective. I'd also note that back when I had a region modded Coregrafx connected to a Super Cd-Rom unit that certain games like PC Genjin 2 would have corrupt graphics on it but work fine once the Super Cd Rom unit was disconnected.

Frank_fjs

I received 2 dead HuCards recently which struck me as odd as I thought they were near indestructible. The games are Kung Fu and Vigilante and they both just display a white screen. I've cleaned the contacts thoroughly with isopropyl to no avail, also tried using an eraser with no joy. Tried them on 3 separate consoles so the problem is definitely within the cards.

Haven't tried anything more abrasive than that but might as well give it a go as I have nothing to lose and I've already replaced them with working copies. The dead copies are in immaculate condition so I was a bit bummed about having to replace them.

_Paul

I've got a dodgy PC Genjin 2 as well. Seems to be quite a common problem game.

Frank_fjs

Well my games don't seem to want to come to life. I've filed, sanded, polished, rubbed, cleaned until my thumbs went numb and they refuse to display anything more than a white screen.

Question now is what to do with them? Might copy someone else's idea here and make a keyring out of one of them, not sure what to do with the other one, maybe throw it at a wall and see how long it takes to break.

esteban

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 12/23/2012, 08:29 AMWell my games don't seem to want to come to life. I've filed, sanded, polished, rubbed, cleaned until my thumbs went numb and they refuse to display anything more than a white screen.

Question now is what to do with them? Might copy someone else's idea here and make a keyring out of one of them, not sure what to do with the other one, maybe throw it at a wall and see how long it takes to break.
I think the HuCARD is aesthetically intriguing so any "art" project would be fine (for example, fashion a holiday ornament for yourself if you celebrate Kwanzaa/Christmas/Hanukkah/Leviathan).

(A) Glitter + sparkles + sequins + HuCard = Awesome

(B) Framed between two plates of glass (they sell this style of frame in most stores), the HuCARD is a delightful visual treat (ideally, you'd want this free-standing...say on your desk, so you could appreciate both sides of the glorious HuCARD).

(C) As a "dog tag", the HuCARD proclaims your passion for NEC and Hudson Soft.

(D) As a money clip, the HuCARD reveals your playful side.

(E) As a business card, the HuCARD will make an impression--guaranteed.

(F) As a projectile, the HuCARD declares that you want "assault with style"...

PukeSter

Anybody remember spidas Turbo Views review of Super Star Soldier? His copy died on him whem he finally got to the final boss, so he had to wait and practice another whole month to beat it.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/23/2012, 07:32 PMAnybody remember spidas Turbo Views review of Super Star Soldier? His copy died on him whem he finally got to the final boss, so he had to wait and practice another whole month to beat it.
I have to catch up and watch tons of spida's videos, but I recall the forum-talk about the Super Star Soldier incident. I never did see that episode. OR I DID, but I just forgot it.  IMG

turboswimbz

Quote from: esteban on 12/23/2012, 10:11 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/23/2012, 07:32 PMAnybody remember spidas Turbo Views review of Super Star Soldier? His copy died on him whem he finally got to the final boss, so he had to wait and practice another whole month to beat it.
I have to catch up and watch tons of spida's videos, but I recall the forum-talk about the Super Star Soldier incident. I never did see that episode. OR I DID, but I just forgot it.  IMG
WTF are you guys talking about?
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

roflmao

Quote from: turboswimbz on 12/23/2012, 10:13 PM

esteban

Holy crap, if you haven't seen any of spida's videos, you're missing some decent reviews of TG-16 games.

https://www.youtube.com/user/spida1a

IMG

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 12/23/2012, 10:29 PM
Ahhh Nevermind, Esty fixed his post, before it was tagent on pricing, and a Chris video out of left field.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Frank_fjs

Quote from: esteban on 12/23/2012, 05:41 PM(B) Framed between two plates of glass (they sell this style of frame in most stores), the HuCARD is a delightful visual treat (ideally, you'd want this free-standing...say on your desk, so you could appreciate both sides of the glorious HuCARD).
Thanks! This is what I will do with Kung Fu. It's a crappy game, sure, but it's iconic to the PCE.

tggodfrey

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 12/22/2012, 08:54 PMYou can try lightly sanding the contacts with a mild sandpaper, then cleaning them with alcohol. Some oxidization of the contacts just cant be removed by normal methods of cleaning. If that doesn't take care of it then its just defective. I'd also note that back when I had a region modded Coregrafx connected to a Super Cd-Rom unit that certain games like PC Genjin 2 would have corrupt graphics on it but work fine once the Super Cd Rom unit was disconnected.
I prefer a polishing compound.  Sandpaper is too easy to do damage even if its 2000 grit.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

esteban

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 12/23/2012, 10:54 PM
Quote from: esteban on 12/23/2012, 05:41 PM(B) Framed between two plates of glass (they sell this style of frame in most stores), the HuCARD is a delightful visual treat (ideally, you'd want this free-standing...say on your desk, so you could appreciate both sides of the glorious HuCARD).
Thanks! This is what I will do with Kung Fu. It's a crappy game, sure, but it's iconic to the PCE.
It looks great. IMG