2/13/2025: Localization News - Cosmic Fantasy 3-4!

Rather earth-shattering news in the PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 community: Cosmic Fantasy 3 & 4 has been officially localized to English by Edia 30 years later for the Switch! Hard to believe! I know their script quality is poor given the 1&2 port but still good to see.
nintendo.com/us/store/products/cosmic-fantasy-collection2-switch/
Main Menu

Just completed my Turbografx-16 Collection!

Started by DesmondThe3rd, 12/28/2012, 09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

DesmondThe3rd

Hey there fellow Turbo fans! I finally got the last game I needed for my TG-16/Duo collection and I thought I would show it off in a video here. It wasn't easy nor cheap but it was so worth it.

fsa

Congrats man, I am a little ways from get my collection completed.
Looking for TG16 games I don't have already.

turboswimbz

I love the enthusiasm man! congrats.   :lol:
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

MrFlutterPie

Congratz dude!

I was sure it was going to be Magical Chase lol.

RoyVegas

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 12/28/2012, 11:08 AMI was sure it was going to be Magical Chase lol.
Exactly what I thought.

Congratulations on completing the collection!
All is well. :)

Nec.Game.head

You are one awesome super happy dude and I like that! I'm so impressed with everything you you got going on in that room of yours .. It's truly inspiring and makes me even more proud to be a Turbo dude also .. That Air Zonk champ belt is so freaking awesome! Great collection, great enthusiasm and a giant congratulations on completing your Tg16 collection =D> !!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

PCEngineHell

It is refreshing to see someone generally enthusiastic and happy about the stuff for a change. Ends up far far less a bragging video and more of one of general excitement and celebration which people can relate to.

psychobear


PunkCryborg

awesome! now go for a PCE complete set  :twisted:

esteban

Goddamn! I go to the dentist and people start posting great stuff every two minutes!!!

Update: pending...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MotherGunner

#10
Congrats man!  Btw I noticed your wrestling belt with the Zonk theme.  This is the same type of belt the WWE/F used for the tag team champions when Ax and Smash from Demolition had them in the '90s!  Too cool!  Can you shed some light on this? Got any pics?

IMG
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Nazi NecroPhile

Ya just gotta love these vids where you're genuinely happy and excited, not just checking off another game on a list.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

csgx1

Congratulations!  A great way to end the year.  You got an awesome collection and I'm glad to hear you actually play them.

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: fsa on 12/28/2012, 09:20 AMCongrats man, I am a little ways from get my collection completed.
Thanks, I started in 1999 so it definitely took me awhile.

CPTRAVE

Awesome collection! now it is time to sell it  :twisted:


What year was the AirZonk tournament I do not rememebr that. :-k

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: RoyVegas on 12/28/2012, 12:30 PM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 12/28/2012, 11:08 AMI was sure it was going to be Magical Chase lol.
Exactly what I thought.

Congratulations on completing the collection!
Thanks, yeah thankfully I found that one years ago at a local game store here in Ontario. It wasn't cheap but I got it.

jperryss

Awesome, great collection.

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 12/28/2012, 12:53 PMawesome! now go for a PCE complete set  :twisted:
Ha! Does anyone here have a complete PCE set? I know Tats was pretty close...

rrob78


esteban

"I'm just ramblin' on at this point..."

Ha! I watched the video with envy in my heart and jealousy in my mind: I WILL HAVE YOUR COPY OF GUNBOAT. I PROMISE YOU.

I will.

Congratulations, comrade.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

hoobs88

Since you did so many reviews and videos, I assumed that you already had a complete collection. Congratulations! I only need 1 more title to complete my collection.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

tggodfrey

Someone posted a complete PCE collection.  I dont recall wo it was and I cant find the post either.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

bob

Um, dude, I hate to break it to you, but that DH is a counterfeit.

roflmao


cabbage

I love your videos! Glad to see you finally completed your set--that must be a great feeling. Going to try for a pce fullset now? ;)

Congratulations, man!

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: galam on 12/28/2012, 04:10 PMUm, dude, I hate to break it to you, but that DH is a counterfeit.
Um, wat?
AvatarDildoKKKobold.jpg
For a good time with the legendary DarkKobold, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Sparky

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 12/28/2012, 05:36 PM
Quote from: galam on 12/28/2012, 04:10 PMUm, dude, I hate to break it to you, but that DH is a counterfeit.
Um, wat?
Haha, he is just joking around (( slaps forehead))
Congrats Desmond/ starsoildier :)

LostFlunky


PunkCryborg

Quote from: tggodfrey on 12/28/2012, 03:27 PMSomeone posted a complete PCE collection.  I dont recall wo it was and I cant find the post either.
henry!

bob

Quote from: guest on 12/28/2012, 06:14 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/28/2012, 05:36 PM
Quote from: galam on 12/28/2012, 04:10 PMUm, dude, I hate to break it to you, but that DH is a counterfeit.
Um, wat?
Haha, he is just joking around (( slaps forehead))
You complete me.

Bardoly

Congratulations on completing the set!


What game is it at 5:02 that you briefly point out as being rare/expensive?


Have you ever considered purchasing some TG-16 box protectors?  I picked some up a couple of months ago, and they make my box collection look great!

LostFlunky

Quote from: Bardoly on 12/28/2012, 09:13 PMWhat game is it at 5:02 that you briefly point out as being rare/expensive?
Looks like Soldier Blade: Special Version

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: Bardoly on 12/28/2012, 09:13 PMCongratulations on completing the set!


What game is it at 5:02 that you briefly point out as being rare/expensive?


Have you ever considered purchasing some TG-16 box protectors?  I picked some up a couple of months ago, and they make my box collection look great!
That game is Soldier Blade Special Edition. It's one of those cards used only for gaming competitions and were never meant to be sold in stores. I was thinking of picking some of those ups.

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: MotherGunner on 12/28/2012, 01:14 PMCongrats man!  Btw I noticed your wrestling belt with the Zonk theme.  This is the same type of belt the WWE/F used for the tag team champions when Ax and Smash from Demolition had them in the '90s!  Too cool!  Can you shed some light on this? Got any pics?

IMG
It's actually a former WWE Smackdown Tagteam title bout with some cardboard on it.

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: CPTRAVE on 12/28/2012, 02:21 PMAwesome collection! now it is time to sell it  :twisted:


What year was the AirZonk tournament I do not rememebr that. :-k
I just submitted that high score to EGM since they were having a high score challenge and my score was posted in issue 45.

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: galam on 12/28/2012, 04:10 PMUm, dude, I hate to break it to you, but that DH is a counterfeit.
I checked online photos and played it just to be sure and it seems pretty legit.

turboswimbz

Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 12/28/2012, 10:03 PM
Quote from: galam on 12/28/2012, 04:10 PMUm, dude, I hate to break it to you, but that DH is a counterfeit.
I checked online photos and played it just to be sure and it seems pretty legit.
man check the thread - he was making a joke a joke. :)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: turboswimbz on 12/28/2012, 10:05 PM
Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 12/28/2012, 10:03 PM
Quote from: galam on 12/28/2012, 04:10 PMUm, dude, I hate to break it to you, but that DH is a counterfeit.
I checked online photos and played it just to be sure and it seems pretty legit.
man check the thread - he was making a joke a joke. :)
I know but I did all that stuff after I got the game and before he made that joke.

turboswimbz

Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 12/28/2012, 10:18 PM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 12/28/2012, 10:05 PM
Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 12/28/2012, 10:03 PM
Quote from: galam on 12/28/2012, 04:10 PMUm, dude, I hate to break it to you, but that DH is a counterfeit.
I checked online photos and played it just to be sure and it seems pretty legit.
man check the thread - he was making a joke a joke. :)
I know but I did all that stuff after I got the game and before he made that joke.
YEAH i would have done the SAME!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Bardoly

#39
Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 12/28/2012, 09:53 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 12/28/2012, 09:13 PMCongratulations on completing the set!


What game is it at 5:02 that you briefly point out as being rare/expensive?


Have you ever considered purchasing some TG-16 box protectors?  I picked some up a couple of months ago, and they make my box collection look great!
That game is Soldier Blade Special Edition. It's one of those cards used only for gaming competitions and were never meant to be sold in stores. I was thinking of picking some of those ups.
I've seen a little information about these but most websites don't seem to include them in their list. - GameFAQS and PCEngine.com

MotherGunner

It was a pretty good video. I truly appreciate the genuine humility and enthusiasm you've displayed, Des.  Some here (they know who they are) come here flaunting and bragging about their haul in a very pompous way but there is NO DOUBT you truly love the Turbobs and this is what makes this forum awesome.  Much respect, Sir!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

VestCunt

Quote from: MotherGunner on 12/29/2012, 02:37 AMSome here (they know who they are) come here flaunting and bragging about their haul in a very pompous way but there is NO DOUBT you truly love the Turbobs and this is what makes this forum awesome.  Much respect, Sir!
Des was bragging, but it was like listening to a six-year-old kid bragging. Kind of endearing. Or maybe Canadians aren't as pompous. Anyway, if one can be congratulated on spending money, congrats. DH is a great game.
I'm a cunt, always was. Topic Adjourned.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: MotherGunner on 12/29/2012, 02:37 AMIt was a pretty good video. I truly appreciate the genuine humility and enthusiasm you've displayed, Des.  Some here (they know who they are) come here flaunting and bragging about their haul in a very pompous way but there is NO DOUBT you truly love the Turbobs and this is what makes this forum awesome.  Much respect, Sir!
/\ This /\. A lot of the time when you see videos like this pop up its more about the person just rubbing some lucky grab in peoples faces more then anything, and you can just tell it's going to be placed on a shelf, sit for a few months or a year, then be resold for profit more likely then not.

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 12/29/2012, 06:07 AM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 12/29/2012, 02:37 AMIt was a pretty good video. I truly appreciate the genuine humility and enthusiasm you've displayed, Des.  Some here (they know who they are) come here flaunting and bragging about their haul in a very pompous way but there is NO DOUBT you truly love the Turbobs and this is what makes this forum awesome.  Much respect, Sir!
/\ This /\. A lot of the time when you see videos like this pop up its more about the person just rubbing some lucky grab in peoples faces more then anything, and you can just tell it's going to be placed on a shelf, sit for a few months or a year, then be resold for profit more likely then not.
Yeah, I didn't want to be like one of those guys on Youtube that just makes a particle video showing off a rare game they got recently and then say how cheap they got for just to proof what a big shot they are. I had a 13 year mission to find them all and this was the conclusion to that quest and paying 350 isn't exactly bragging too much (well, many a little) since it's still a ton of money, eh? In the end I wanted to experience everything Turbografx both the good and the bad and thankfully Dynastic Hero is a pretty decent game so far and there's no way I'm reselling it.

SuperPlay

Nice work on completing your collection :-)

henrycsc

Superb!  Congrats on finding DH.  I was thinking it would be DH or Terraforming.

By the way - Awesome to see my poster hanging in your room too - I don't even have mine hanging up.  LOL


Punkic - it wasn't me with a complete PCE collection - that must be Thibaut.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

tggodfrey

Yeah I thought it was you too Henry but I couldnt find the post.  someone here completed it this past summer or last summer if I recall.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

seieienbu

Congratulations on completing your collection!

Out of curiosity, how much do you think you spent over the years?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

KillScreenGames

Congrats!  Like most have said so far, this was actually a collection video I wanted to watch til the end.  You seem like a cool guy and am glad you did it!
13 years though, damn!  I've got a ways to go.

I'm glad to see someone else shadow box when they get new games lol

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: henrycsc on 12/29/2012, 01:14 PMSuperb!  Congrats on finding DH.  I was thinking it would be DH or Terraforming.

By the way - Awesome to see my poster hanging in your room too - I don't even have mine hanging up.  LOL


Punkic - it wasn't me with a complete PCE collection - that must be Thibaut.
Oh yeah, it fits perfectly over my collection there so thanks for that.