In game spelling errors

Started by RoyVegas, 04/13/2013, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyVegas

Ran across this spelling error after beating Dungeon 03 on Double Dungeons. WTF is DEFEATEA? Pretty obvious they meant defeated. What other Turbo related spelling errors have other people caught?

IMG
All is well. :)

Aggie Tsubi

I noticed a lot of mistakes in Dynastic Hero, like one where the character said "Oh on!" instead of "Oh no!" :P

runinruder

Double Dungeons is full of them.  "WHAT'S WAPPENING?"

Riot Zone has one of my favorites: "Whear's that warrant..."
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

bob

Wasn't "Van" fron cosmic fantasy originally, "Ban"?

CrackTiger

Quote from: galam on 04/13/2013, 09:19 PMWasn't "Van" fron cosmic fantasy originally, "Ban"?
Pretty much all of the names aren't phonetically identical (Japanese use a "B" sound for "V") and many like Babette and Cobra are completely different, same as most localized games. But those are not spelling errors.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

munchiaz

do they have to be turbo related. If not i have a few that i have found in some modern games.

bob

Quote from: guest on 04/13/2013, 10:09 PM
Quote from: galam on 04/13/2013, 09:19 PMWasn't "Van" fron cosmic fantasy originally, "Ban"?
Pretty much all of the names aren't phonetically identical (Japanese use a "B" sound for "V") and many like Babette and Cobra are completely different, same as most localized games. But those are not spelling errors.
word.

kiketonto

maybe Kripke from TBBT make the translation?

esteban

Quote from: RoyVegas on 04/13/2013, 07:01 PMIMG
Well, just from that screenshot alone: "Epilog" --> Epilogue  IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SeymorOnion

Quote from: munchiaz on 04/13/2013, 10:35 PMdo they have to be turbo related. If not i have a few that i have found in some modern games.
Zero Wing, for Sega Mega Drive, has some of the most famous typos.  :mrgreen:

Tatsujin

Quote from: SeymorOnion on 04/14/2013, 02:45 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 04/13/2013, 10:35 PMdo they have to be turbo related. If not i have a few that i have found in some modern games.
Zero Wing, for Sega Mega Drive, has some of the most famous typos.  :mrgreen:
unfortunately the turbob version of it does not have any :(
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

RoyVegas

Quote from: esteban on 04/14/2013, 01:49 PMWell, just from that screenshot alone: "Epilog" --> Epilogue  IMG
Ugh, I missed that!  My kid caught it though  ](*,) lol.

Here are a few more from Double Dungeons I've caught in the last few days:

Someting? Dungeon 9
IMG

Reing? Dungeon 8
IMG

Exploted? Dungeon 6
IMG

roflmao

I love Double Dungeons, and I'm glad you are documenting part of what makes this game so enjoyable. :D

RoyVegas

Quote from: runinruder on 04/13/2013, 08:52 PMDouble Dungeons is full of them.  "WHAT'S WAPPENING?"
Found it with pic proof! It's on the beginning of level 15.  I started it but decided to take a break before taking it on.  Just finished 13 and 14 so I'm kinda fried.

IMG

I don't recall what level i was on for this one but Silwer? Could be intentional but I highly doubt it with all the other spelling errors.

IMG

esteban

IMG

Roy, there is a reason that the "Silwer Armor" she's selling is ONLY 1,000 gold...it's a cheap knock-off of the more reliable "Silver Armor"...

ADVICE: Build up your "Experience" a bit more and you'll be able to avoid shady sellers like her... remember that the labyrinths in Double Dungeons have been flooded with pirated items that have not been safety-certified.

ALSO: I noticed that the second elixir in your inventory has already EXPIRED (tell-tale brown bubbles collecting on bottom of the glass flask). Dude, double-check the expiration dates before you pay good gold for an elixir! Damn, how did you make it this far in the game with such shoddy items? :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

OldRover

Riot Zone's infamous "Whear's that warrant you promised?" and Gate Of Thunder's "never agein". :) Sorry, I don't have screenies of either right now.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Bardoly

Here's an atrociously interestingly spelled opening screen for a game.  Can anyone guess which game it is?

/img4932l.jpg

/img4933g.jpg

/img4934wg.jpg

runinruder

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/28/2013, 07:11 PMHere's an atrociously interestingly spelled opening screen for a game.  Can anyone guess which game it is?
Rock On.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Bardoly

Quote from: runinruder on 05/28/2013, 09:38 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 05/28/2013, 07:11 PMHere's an atrociously interestingly spelled opening screen for a game.  Can anyone guess which game it is?
Rock On.
You are correct!

HercTNT

Spelling errors should be a feature in modern games. When the kids find them, they get an achievement badge and +10 xp for the next hour  :lol:

geez, had to edit for my own spelling error.............yeesh!

NecroPhile

I don't have a screen shot of it, but the credits of Godzilla credit the job title of "supplementary duidance", which presumably means guidance specifically for Duos.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RoyVegas

Nice NecroPhile, I'll see if I can find it sometime.

This one isn't spelling but since all the errors I put up pics for came from Double Dungeons, I thought I'd throw this one up also.

It does make me wonder though, how long has the fighting continued?

Also Este's Epilogue spelling error catch is on every single stage so far and I'm up to level 20.

/Wording.jpg