SuperGrafix Emulator

Started by esteban, 08/24/2013, 10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

I receive random email. Sometimes I reply.

STATUS: I am willing to answer this one, but I need your recommendations. The last time I played an emulator seriously was Magic Engine in 1999/2000.

WHY ASK WHY?*: I always wonder why folks don't spend a few moments to improve the quality of their communication. Had this person put a modicum of effort into this message, I would taken him far more seriously. As it stands, this is a joke, but I'm willing to help him/her out. Who knows? English might be a third language for this person.

IMG

* DRINK BUD DRY
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

turboswimbz

Grafix Fail!  [-(

This person is not worthy of any NEC playing!  :evil:

grafx is written on the machine!  No reason to spell it wrong.  if they have e-mail they have a search engine.    [-X

Said search engine will also most likely answer the question.

Dear, Tgix-Fan

PLease tell me how to use the internet, mommy and daddy do everything for me. 
Thanks
  Davenport , Iowa

Added in edit, maybe unfair, but I'm in a mood so . . .
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

spenoza

Ootake will probably be the easiest free emulator for this poor sap to interact with. It does have a little engrish in the menus, but that should be a comfort to him.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2013, 12:44 PMOotake will probably be the easiest free emulator for this poor sap to interact with. It does have a little engrish in the menus, but that should be a comfort to him.
I will pass the word along to him. I've heard "mednafen" or MDMA or methamphenphen bandied about over the past few years...is this viable, too? Thanks in advance.  :pcgs:

OldMan

Mednafen will work as well, but it's not as easy to install correctly or use. It's not hard, but considering his message.....?
It might be worth it to him, though. Mednafen will do more then just pce games :)

CrackTiger

I don't know of any regular non-programmer types who have managed to get Mednafen running. It would be nice if someone made a beginners guide for getting the GUI installed or put together an all-in-1 version. The only form of Mednafen I've been able to use is PCE.emu for Android.

I'd rather use Mednafen than any other PCE emulator, but I stick to Magic Engine when emulating on PC.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2013, 12:44 PMOotake will probably be the easiest free emulator for this poor sap to interact with. It does have a little engrish in the menus, but that should be a comfort to him.
Hahhahahaahaha...this seems like the best bet.  :pcgs:

:---)
Quote from: TheOldMan on 08/24/2013, 02:45 PMMednafen will work as well, but it's not as easy to install correctly or use. It's not hard, but considering his message.....?
It might be worth it to him, though. Mednafen will do more then just pce games :)
Aha! Thanks for explaining.  :pcgs:.

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2013, 07:50 PMI don't know of any regular non-programmer types who have managed to get Mednafen running. It would be nice if someone made a beginners guide for getting the GUI installed or put together an all-in-1 version. The only form of Mednafen I've been able to use is PCE.emu for Android.

I'd rather use Mednafen than any other PCE emulator, but I stick to Magic Engine when emulating on PC.
Thank you, I'll pass the info along  :pcgs:

cabbage

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2013, 07:50 PMI don't know of any regular non-programmer types who have managed to get Mednafen running. It would be nice if someone made a beginners guide for getting the GUI installed or put together an all-in-1 version. The only form of Mednafen I've been able to use is PCE.emu for Android.

What seems to be the problem?

Being a big fan of mednafen and wanting more people to enjoy its goodness, I put together a simple windows front-end. You can load hucards and cd images through a windows form and run them at the click of a button.
Here's the download link

Note- This was built using visualbasic express 2010, so I assume you need some .NET or other runtime files... maybe you already have them installed. I almost never write windows software so I hope it works :)

Is it helpful?

Tatsujin

Estèban Le SüperGrafix
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

_Paul

Quote from: cabbage on 08/26/2013, 09:43 AM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/24/2013, 07:50 PMI don't know of any regular non-programmer types who have managed to get Mednafen running. It would be nice if someone made a beginners guide for getting the GUI installed or put together an all-in-1 version. The only form of Mednafen I've been able to use is PCE.emu for Android.

What seems to be the problem?

Being a big fan of mednafen and wanting more people to enjoy its goodness, I put together a simple windows front-end. You can load hucards and cd images through a windows form and run them at the click of a button.
Here's the download link

Note- This was built using visualbasic express 2010, so I assume you need some .NET or other runtime files... maybe you already have them installed. I almost never write windows software so I hope it works :)

Is it helpful?
I just downloaded Mednafen and tried this. When I push RUN nothing happens.
Using Win-7 64 bit.

Arkhan Asylum

I use Ootake for Super grafx
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

rtyper

I've only really used Magic Engine for emulation on the PC and I gratefully supported it by paying for an unlock key back in the day. Which I only used for 'test-driving' games as I don't
understand Japanese and I didn't want to hand over dollars for unplayable titles (Space Cobra and a Wonder Boy game bit me in the ass previously).  Also, I didn't want to stick CDRs in the PCEngine romrom player. Pity that the authors don't support it anymore with updates but it seems almost perfect on my retarded PC specs, although I have read that there are sound emulation issues?
Tried Ootake and it's nice.