Sega Lord X reviews the Street Fighter II Champion Edition PC Engine port.
Main Menu

Octurbofest 2013

Started by chany60126, 08/06/2013, 11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

UPDATE: Sadly, OCTURBOFEST 2013 has been cancelled. Please relocate all people + games + hardware to New Jersey. Thank you.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jeffhlewis

On the way in about an hour. See ya'll there

hizaygizirlz

Had a great time thanks and nice seeing everyone
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

PunkCryborg

Mathius

esteban

cdamm

IMG

someone preferred candy crush to being in one of the greatest arcades around.

esteban

Quote from: cdamm on 10/20/2013, 11:25 AMIMG

someone preferred candy crush to being in one of the greatest arcades around.
I don't think I'll ever see another person choose Candy Crush over Ikari Warriors.

Ikari Warriors, those slothful bastards, would get my vote.

jeffhlewis

Chris you're so full of shit haha

turbokon

I had a blast, totally worth the drive for me. It was good to meet everyone, rolfmao, chany, dragonmasterdan dan, chop and the rest of the obey gang. Thanks blue for introducing me to the x68000 and for being my chauffeur.

I didn't take that many pictures.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

jeffhlewis

Good to meet some new faces from the boards and good times had by all.

I love how generous our group is with helping each other out - thanks to Beemer for finally helping me complete the x68000 setup and Chop for always helping everyone out with repairs.

esteban

As always, looks like it was lots of fun.  :pcgs:

turboswimbz

I was stuck in the damned rivers and beaches of the Atlantic Highlands looking at particle size of grains, Geological outcrops and collecting fossils. (I mean I played bonk I got this s^!t already) 

Glad to see everyone had a good time.

Hopefully though MGC will be doable for me. (and the duo door replacement)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Mathius

Looks like it was a great time. I am not surprised to see Rolf laughing in the above pic. I think he laughed the whole time during his previous visit. :)

TR0N

Looks like you guys had allot of fun ! Is that a arcade splatterhouse i see ? Man those are very rare to see these days.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

chany60126

Quote from: TR0N on 10/21/2013, 02:01 AMLooks like you guys had allot of fun ! Is that a arcade splatterhouse i see ? Man those are very rare to see these days.
Yeah, as a matter of fact, somebody set the new world record at that game while we were there. They were streaming it live on Ustream, heh.

roflmao

Quote from: chany60126 on 10/21/2013, 10:34 AMYeah, as a matter of fact, somebody set the new world record at that game while we were there. They were streaming it live on Ustream, heh.
Cool!  I didn't realize she actually set a new record.  That's pretty sweet.

@Mathius - I can't help it.  Surrounded by that much obey makes me all giddy. :D

EDIT:  I only took a few photos, and they didn't come out all that great, but here ya go.

IMG

IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

A few pics I took from the event :)  Love GG!!
/tptd.jpg
/4nav.jpg
/b0tv.jpg
/lxow.jpg

ROLF's Sexy Turbob Tablet!
/rdd2.jpg
/or0w.jpg
In Action~
/rir7.jpg

Some good pics of Turbokon's Express mod work. Like seriously, this improves on just about everything NEC did!!  :P
/97ui.jpg
/rn5s.jpg
/g4ay.jpg
/lg9d.jpg

Pizza @ Roundheadz-
/bmq6.jpg

Quote from: chany60126 on 10/21/2013, 10:34 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 10/21/2013, 02:01 AMLooks like you guys had allot of fun ! Is that a arcade splatterhouse i see ? Man those are very rare to see these days.
Yeah, as a matter of fact, somebody set the new world record at that game while we were there. They were streaming it live on Ustream, heh.
Yep, I was stalking... ehem, I mean watching a bit of her playthrough.. pretty sweet skills!
/1lgc.jpg
/yp7c.jpg
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

hizaygizirlz

Awesome pictures.  I like the Ester (+ or - h) face below the monitor.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

cdamm

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 10/20/2013, 03:11 PMChris you're so full of shit haha
of course it was.

chany60126

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2013, 02:02 PM
Quote from: chany60126 on 10/21/2013, 10:34 AMYeah, as a matter of fact, somebody set the new world record at that game while we were there. They were streaming it live on Ustream, heh.
Kotaku just did an article on the girl who set the new world record in Splatterhouse. She said she first started playing the game when she got the Turbografx as a kid. :)

http://kotaku.com/shes-the-first-woman-to-set-an-arcade-game-record-in-n-1449519534

Mathius

Quote from: chany60126 on 10/21/2013, 08:01 PM
Kotaku just did an article on the girl who set the new world record in Splatterhouse. She said she first started playing the game when she got the Turbografx as a kid. :)

http://kotaku.com/shes-the-first-woman-to-set-an-arcade-game-record-in-n-1449519534
You should have hooked her up with Beemer. They could have made beautiful hatchet swings together.  :P

turbokon

Quote from: chany60126 on 10/21/2013, 08:01 PM

Cool and we can say we were there:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

ElSeven

glad i made it out to octurbofest this year, it was great seeing familiar faces and meeting new people from the forum as well.   big thanks to chany for organizing another fun event, it's great to catch up with everyone IRL and i'm glad we have such a great turbo community in the midwest (+ surrounding areas, for the travelers).

next time lets have that tatsujin tournament!!  :twisted:
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

chany60126

Quote from: ElSeven on 10/22/2013, 03:50 AMglad i made it out to octurbofest this year, it was great seeing familiar faces and meeting new people from the forum as well.   big thanks to chany for organizing another fun event, it's great to catch up with everyone IRL and i'm glad we have such a great turbo community in the midwest (+ surrounding areas, for the travelers).

next time lets have that tatsujin tournament!!  :twisted:
Glad you had fun ElSeven. We will definitely have that Tatsujin tournament at the next fest. It will be the quickest tournament ever! Oh, and we will have that Windjammers rematch. :twisted:

Paddyfitz18

New to this forum. Just wanted to jump in and say what a cool event this was.

I've been a long time fan of anything to do with these consoles, though I've had more of an isolated existence in that respect and have never been much of a participant online or elsewhere.   So it was by chance that I got wind through Facebook this was going on.  Galloping Ghost being an awesome place anyway and not too far at all from where I live, I decided to stop in and take a look.

Couldn't stick around for too long, but it seemed like a really cool group of people there.  And of course the systems and games you guys brought out for the event were awesome.

Funny, it appears that my presence was captured in a couple of the above pictures posted in this thread.  That's me in the blue/yellow sweater, blue hat.

Being a total stranger joining in on some Battle Lode Runner with a group of people who obviously knew each other rather well, and with me not really saying too much to anyone, I would say my talent for making things as awkward as humanly possible was in top form on that day. 

Anyway, you guys put together a really cool event. I regret I couldn't hang around for more of it.

Mathius

Quote from: Paddyfitz18 on 11/08/2013, 11:38 AMNew to this forum. Just wanted to jump in and say what a cool event this was.

I've been a long time fan of anything to do with these consoles, though I've had more of an isolated existence in that respect and have never been much of a participant online or elsewhere.   So it was by chance that I got wind through Facebook this was going on.  Galloping Ghost being an awesome place anyway and not too far at all from where I live, I decided to stop in and take a look.

Couldn't stick around for too long, but it seemed like a really cool group of people there.  And of course the systems and games you guys brought out for the event were awesome.

Funny, it appears that my presence was captured in a couple of the above pictures posted in this thread.  That's me in the blue/yellow sweater, blue hat.

Being a total stranger joining in on some Battle Lode Runner with a group of people who obviously knew each other rather well, and with me not really saying too much to anyone, I would say my talent for making things as awkward as humanly possible was in top form on that day. 

Anyway, you guys put together a really cool event. I regret I couldn't hang around for more of it.
These guys are the coolest bunch around and we take in anyone that loves the Turbo/PCE/retro games in general and their families. Hope to see you there next year. :)