@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Valis III manual misprint

Started by Lochlan, 10/21/2013, 06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochlan

Has anybody seen this before?

I will update later with pics, but basically the manual is cut wrong--you can see the bottom of another Valis III cover at the top of this one.  The miscut isn't huge, less than a cm.

Just wondering if this was common, I have another copy that doesn't have it and I don't think I've seen another one miscut like this--but obviously the ones above and below it on the print sheet are miscut as well, lol.
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

tggodfrey

Are you sure its not a copy?
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

DragonmasterDan

mine has a misprint, there's a drawing of a man in drag on the cover rather than anything that looks like Yuko.

IMG
--DragonmasterDan

FiftyQuid

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/21/2013, 10:59 AMmine has a misprint, there's a drawing of a man in drag on the cover rather than anything that looks like Yuko.
IMG
LOL.  Made my day.  :)
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

MotherGunner

She looks like Chyna.  Ha ha!

CHYNA.jpg
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Xak

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/21/2013, 12:34 PMShe looks like Chyna.  Ha ha!
CHYNA.jpg
^No Chyna I would actually do
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

Lochlan

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2013, 02:30 PMlol... this thread cracks me up.
You have a very peculiar sense of humor!

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2013, 02:30 PMAs for misprints such as Lochlan has, I would personally post it on e-bay for an exorbitant amount of money under the justification that, as with coins and baseball cards, errors are a rare and highly sought attribute for such collectables.
Ah, I see.  So you're assuming this is a prelude to me posting this on eBay because OMG RAREZ?

To answer your implicit charge, I have no immediate plans to eBay this thing as a rarity.  I was just curious about this since I've never seen it before.  As you correctly suggested, it is an extremely common practice with other collectibles to value these sorts of misprints higher.  I never used to be sensitive to that sort of thing, then I started playing Magic: the Gathering and was exposed to a marketplace that put a huge premium on misprints.  I understand that you and many other people on this forum are eager to demonize those whom you suspect would exploit ("gouge") the Turbo marketplace, but I really don't see any need to answer my simple inquiry with snark.   I also find it a strange reason to get upset--there really isn't much left to talk about when it comes to these games, a new topic doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world!  Furthermore I actually don't see anything wrong with valuing a collectible higher because of factory errors (after all, we are in a marketplace where games are valued significantly higher because of paper garbage, e.g. obis and outer cardboard boxes), but that's neither here nor there.

For whatever it's worth, you may joke, but I would not be surprised if somebody would in fact want your offset-error manual!

Anyway, I will post pictures of this later today for those who are curious!  I think misprints such as this are kind of cool, myself!
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

Lochlan

Argh, sorry.  I'm the one who should apologize, I jumped to conclusions.

Your manual is definitely cool BTW.

esteban

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/21/2013, 12:04 PM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/21/2013, 10:59 AMmine has a misprint, there's a drawing of a man in drag on the cover rather than anything that looks like Yuko.
IMG
LOL.  Made my day.  :)
Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/21/2013, 12:34 PMShe looks like Chyna.  Ha ha!
Quote from: Xak on 10/21/2013, 12:35 PM^No Chyna I would actually do
Hilarious!

I mentioned in the other thread (about good/bad cover art) that Valis III (North America) looks like a TRANNY SANDRA BULLOCK IMPERSONATOR who is cosplaying at San Diego Comic-Con.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Lochlan

OK well having thoroughly made an ass of myself already, I will not fail to deliver on the photos.

GAZE upon the wonders of the rarest Valis III ever!

/valis-iii-miscut_2jpg21_zps88c06a0c.jpg
/valis-iii-miscut_1_zpsd445fb23.jpg

I'm assuming if this was a common misprint I would have heard as much.  I guess I'll hang onto this for now, and perhaps register the domain misprintgameheaven.com in the hopes of convincing some rubes that this is worth a fortune!

TR0N

IMG
Yuko is no xena warrior princess that's for sure  :roll:
IMG
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NecroPhile

I checked mine last night and found that while it is cut properly it has multiple misprints on the back.  Damn those errant apostrophes!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Nulltard on 10/22/2013, 11:05 AMWild... looks like not only is the cut not properly v-aligned, but that manual appears to be taller than the other one.  Is that an illusion of the photo, or did someone in the game manual page cutting department get the wrong dimensions?  if the latter is the case, then this issue would be progressively worse as the end of the print was reached.  I wonder how bad it got before QA noticed!
All it takes is the master sheets to be misaligned a little bit when cut and you have these problems. I suspect "close enough" was acceptable. Also, you're talking about QA from a company that approved that cover :-D
--DragonmasterDan

SuperPlay

Can not stop laughing at this post :-)

pixeljunkie

errors in printing and cutting are not uncommon. especially if they used cheaper vendors.

Psycho Punch

Yeah my Yo, Bro copy has a misprint too, it has the comma vertically misaligned, looking like an apostrophe...
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp