The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/16/2014, 01:15 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 01/16/2014, 02:12 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 01/15/2014, 11:08 AMStarted playing dark souls again last night. Im still Stuck in the catacombs. Those damn skeleton dogs wreck my shit every time. I've also been playing alot of street fighter 4 arcade edition. Getting ready for a ranking battle season starting up at the beginning of February
Catacombs,kill the nercomancer asap for one bit of advice.I was thinking about playing dark souls again because dark souls II is due in march.
All the Necromancers are dead. I just run through the beginning part of the catacombs. I die once i get to the point where its completely dark. I have the light helmet so sight is not an issue. Its just those giant skeleton dogs man.

I want to beat the game a few times before dark souls II comes out. I can't wait got the collectors edition pre ordered
Try using a spell that's fire based or weapon.Other being,try baiting there attack and dodge right away.Blocking there attack doesn't do much good even if the shield is 100%.Oh btw i sent you a friend request on the wii u awhile back,nickname is TRON72.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

yoyo

As you might be able to see from my Backlog sig, I just finished The Mafat Conspiracy tonight, woo! Right now I'm working on Equinox/Solstice II on the SNES, on the sixth area (Egyptian-themed world). So far it's tough as shit.
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 01/17/2014, 01:43 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 01/15/2014, 11:08 AMStarted playing dark souls again last night. Im still Stuck in the catacombs. Those damn skeleton dogs wreck my shit every time. I've also been playing alot of street fighter 4 arcade edition. Getting ready for a ranking battle season starting up at the beginning of February
Catacombs,kill the nercomancer asap for one bit of advice.I was thinking about playing dark souls again because dark souls II is due in march.
All the Necromancers are dead. I just run through the beginning part of the catacombs. I die once i get to the point where its completely dark. I have the light helmet so sight is not an issue. Its just those giant skeleton dogs man.

I want to beat the game a few times before dark souls II comes out. I can't wait got the collectors edition pre ordered
Try using a spell that's fire based or weapon.Other being,try baiting there attack and dodge right away.Blocking there attack doesn't do much good even if the shield is 100%.Oh btw i sent you a friend request on the wii u awhile back,nickname is TRON72.
I actually got to Nito last night and died. I've killed most of the skeleton dogs with arrows. Also use fireball from time to time. Now i just gotta deal with Nito

wildfruit

Legendary Axe 2
It's not bad

Sent from my Lumia 520 on Scabb Island using Tapatalk

roflmao

Quote from: wildfruit on 01/17/2014, 02:42 PMLegendary Axe 2
It's not bad
Give it another chance.  LA2 contains much fun!

bartre

Quote from: guest on 01/17/2014, 10:45 PM
It's not bad
agreed. it's really personal preference between the two, but i like LA2 a lot better than LA1.

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/17/2014, 12:26 PM

I actually got to Nito last night and died. I've killed most of the skeleton dogs with arrows. Also use fireball from time to time. Now i just gotta deal with Nito
Nito isn't hard to solo stay in the front of the room.Just kill the smaller skeletons,do not go to the back other wise you will get the giant skeletons attention.Other then that get ready to dodge when you hear a scream.
IMG

yoyo

Quote from: bartre on 01/18/2014, 02:01 PM
It's not bad
agreed. it's really personal preference between the two, but i like LA2 a lot better than LA1.
I like LA2 more than LA1, LA1 felt pretty clunky to me personally, Idk.
Right now, Equinox (made a thread about it and its predecessor earlier) and I'm more than halfway done with the Ghost Ship. Might get some Flashback time in later as well as try to grab the 5th medallion for Neutopia. :)
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 01/19/2014, 08:14 AM

Nito isn't hard to solo stay in the front of the room.Just kill the smaller skeletons,do not go to the back other wise you will get the giant skeletons attention.Other then that get ready to dodge when you hear a scream.
Nito and four kings are down. Now im stuck on Gwyn. Can't seem to beat this guy. I don't have iron flesh, wish i did

bartre

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/20/2014, 08:31 PM

Nito and four kings are down. Now im stuck on Gwyn. Can't seem to beat this guy. I don't have iron flesh, wish i did
I've been playing Demon's Souls lately, just beat the old colossus, been chipping away at each world rather than going hard on any single level.
how do you like to play? greatswords? spells? bow?

Quote from: yoyo on 01/19/2014, 09:04 AM
Quote from: bartre on 01/18/2014, 02:01 PM
It's not bad
I like LA2 more than LA1, LA1 felt pretty clunky to me personally, Idk.
Right now, Equinox (made a thread about it and its predecessor earlier) and I'm more than halfway done with the Ghost Ship. Might get some Flashback time in later as well as try to grab the 5th medallion for Neutopia. :)
ooh, reminds me, i picked up out of this world off steam a bit back.
gotta give that some love again.

munchiaz

Quote from: bartre on 01/20/2014, 09:47 PM

I've been playing Demon's Souls lately, just beat the old colossus, been chipping away at each world rather than going hard on any single level.
how do you like to play? greatswords? spells? bow?
So i just beat the game. Finally after all this damn time. Playing one save and stopping 45 hours in at Anor Londo. Playing again and stopping at tomb of the giants. Its finally over.......well theres NG+. On to that in preparation for dark souls 2

As far as my play style in demon's souls, i dont even remember. But in dark souls i was a rouge that mainly used a Simitar, or a lightening spear. I also used a little pyromancey

TR0N

Well if you don't want it easy,Gwyn can be parry.I use to defeat Gwyn the hard way when i found out you could parry him it made the fight really easy.By the way other check out dark souls DLC ?
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 01/21/2014, 01:43 AM

Well if you don't want it easy,Gwyn can be parry.I use to defeat Gwyn the hard way when i found out you could parry him it made the fight really easy.By the way other check out dark souls DLC ?
Yeah i think i will download the DLC. i just started my NG+, does the DLC add on to that?

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/21/2014, 12:36 PM

Yeah i think i will download the DLC. i just started my NG+, does the DLC add on to that?
The Dark Souls DLC adds more boss fights,weapons and another area to explore.
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 01/22/2014, 04:26 AM

Spent all my free time yesterday enthralled by dark souls lore videos put together by vaati vidya and epicnamebro. The story is amazing. one of the best i have gone through in video games. Ill be getting the DLC today after work and school.

geise

Been playing the game Job Hunt.

When I'm done playing that shit I am relaxing with some Ys Celceta and Override.

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/22/2014, 02:07 PM

Spent all my free time yesterday enthralled by dark souls lore videos put together by vaati vidya and epicnamebro. The story is amazing. one of the best i have gone through in video games. Ill be getting the DLC today after work and school.
epicnamebro,good guy there his video's for dark souls are very informative.Hmm,maybe i should fire up the game again soon and go with a dex build.
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 01/23/2014, 06:37 AM

epicnamebro,good guy there his video's for dark souls are very informative.Hmm,maybe i should fire up the game again soon and go with a dex build.
My build is basically DEX. I think for Dark Souls II I will create a Str. build. I wanna wiled big axes and swords

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/23/2014, 05:21 PM

My build is basically DEX. I think for Dark Souls II I will create a Str. build. I wanna wiled big axes and swords 
The tank build id you go that route  :wink:
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 01/24/2014, 03:09 AM

Indeed. Im pretty excited for Dark Souls II. Do you play on ps3,360, or PC?

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/24/2014, 11:05 AM

PS3 and i all ready have preorder dark souls II for it.
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 01/25/2014, 03:14 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 01/24/2014, 11:05 AM

PS3 and i all ready have preorder dark souls II for it.
Nice. I got the collectors edition pre ordered. Shit is expensive, but its dark souls, so its worth it

TR0N

I just preorder the black armor edition for dark souls II.I just can't justify,to spending the amount the collectors edition go's for.
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 01/26/2014, 02:22 AMI just preorder the black armor edition for dark souls II.I just can't justify,to spending the amount the collectors edition go's for.
I hear ya man, its crazy pricey, and its only going to go up, one reason why im getting it at launch. I also just got a new job, so im making some extra money.

So i just got to blighttown in my newgame +. Im trying to do the blighttown skip, but i keep falling to my death.

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/26/2014, 03:14 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 01/26/2014, 02:22 AMI just preorder the black armor edition for dark souls II.I just can't justify,to spending the amount the collectors edition go's for.
I hear ya man, its crazy pricey, and its only going to go up, one reason why im getting it at launch. I also just got a new job, so im making some extra money.

So i just got to blighttown in my newgame +. Im trying to do the blighttown skip, but i keep falling to my death.
I won't be surprised if the collection edition of ds II get's flipped by resellers.I don't know when i'll start up dark souls again.Currently i been playing (ultimate monster hunter 3) offline.Wish i could use my save from MH3TRI,but oh well i don't mind to much for starting over again.
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 01/26/2014, 03:49 AM

I won't be surprised if the collection edition of ds II get's flipped by resellers.I don't know when i'll start up dark souls again.Currently i been playing (ultimate monster hunter 3) offline.Wish i could use my save from MH3TRI,but oh well i don't mind to much for starting over again.
Mh3u is pretty great. Im supposed to be starting a monthly lan party gathering for the game soon

PukeSter

Played some Gradius III today on SNES. Very fun game, even though the slowdown is worse than the PCE games. Made it to Stage 9 (power up stretch) after 2nd try.

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/26/2014, 06:07 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 01/26/2014, 03:49 AM

Mh3u is pretty great. Im supposed to be starting a monthly lan party gathering for the game soon
I'm getting up there in rank with UMH3 i want to build up on weapons and armor,before i go online.Though my memory is fuzzy for the path on forging weapons.For making items i am getting there for what's,what  :mrgreen:
IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/26/2014, 08:42 PMPlayed some Gradius III today on SNES. Very fun game, even though the slowdown is worse than the PCE games. Made it to Stage 9 (power up stretch) after 2nd try.
I think this game is unfairly bashed by lots of shoot-em-up folks.

Gradius III on SNES is a decent game...I enjoyed it when it was first released and go back to it every few years. Still enjoyable.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PukeSter

Quote from: esteban on 01/27/2014, 09:09 AM
Quote from: PukeSter on 01/26/2014, 08:42 PMPlayed some Gradius III today on SNES. Very fun game, even though the slowdown is worse than the PCE games. Made it to Stage 9 (power up stretch) after 2nd try.
I think this game is unfairly bashed by lots of shoot-em-up folks.

Gradius III on SNES is a decent game...I enjoyed it when it was first released and go back to it every few years. Still enjoyable.
I heard the arcade version is hated, due to it's insane difficulty. Apparently, it was banned outside of Asia due to its difficulty.

whisper2053

Been bouncing around a bit, but the majority of the last week has been spent on:

Dreamcast
Psychic Force 2012
Skies of Arcadia

Neo Geo
Battle Flip Shot
Crossed Swords
Breakers Revenge

PCE
Double Dragon II
Altered Beast

Weekly Summary
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

MrFlutterPie

I've been playing Terminator for the Sega Genesis.

munchiaz

More dark souls. Stuck in New Londo ruins right now on my NG+. Those damn ghost man. They just swarm you and you can't get away.
Other than that, i have been playing popful mail on PCE.

TR0N

Wii U
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
I'm a bit rusty at monster hunter since MH3TRI but i'm getting there on MH3U  O:)
IMG

PukeSter

Still getting farther along in Gradius III. Made it to Stage 9 core wall boss yesterday.

EDIT: Made it to Stage 9 Spider today. Somehow...Oh god...

Xak

you guys have too much time for games

my ongoing quest on Sega's legendary 2k5 (best football game ever made/ programmed / designed) 9th year in season, my new QBs 3rd year and he went 13-2 for the season,  we lost our last game against my old starting QB despite INJURING him in the first quarter! Yup second to last game of the season and we injure a 100rated QB for a team headed for the playoffs. We still lost the game TO THEIR BACKUP and their D , one game left in the regular season im sitting my starters for this one since win or lose we clinched the playoff at home.

i could have made a 4th quarter comeback but literally dropped the ball celebrating too early for the TD (got tackled from behind while celebrating). We would have just been down 1 more TD , it knocked the wind out of my sails and i just folded and kneed the ball till the clock ran out.
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

Psycho Punch

Just played some NAM 1975... how can anyone complain about the game, for a launch title it has awesome graphics, awesome intro, awesome everything.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/31/2014, 02:34 AMJust played some NAM 1975... how can anyone complain about the game, for a launch title it has awesome graphics, awesome intro, awesome everything.
I think folks who complain are not particularly fond of the "genre" ("related genres" might be more apt, since it is somewhat of a hybrid platformer + Cabal), in general, because even CABAL and Operation Wolf start getting pretty hectic, pretty quickly, and NAM '75 has the added awesomeness of "platforming".

I love NAM '75, but I die frequently when I am not been able to "roll" out of trouble.

It is such an addictive game, IMHO. And you don't get much time to breathe or relax.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

geise

Most of the complainers of Nam 1975 are "newer" Neo players.  The ones that mainly want Neo for the later games like the Metal Slug series, KOF, series, Mark of the Wolves.  They write off awesome games like Cyber Lip, Magician Lord, Nam, Crossed Swords, League Bowling, Sengoku, Ninja Commando

roflmao

I have a spare key for this weekend's Elder Scrolls Online Beta Stress test. If anyone is interested in it, just shoot me a PM. If no one claims it by Friday, I may post it to FB to see if any of my RL friends want it. :P

munchiaz

Just beat Bloody wolf. Awesome action game. Ive also been playing Bravely default, DK tropical freeze, and street fighter 4 AE

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 02/27/2014, 12:08 AMI have a spare key for this weekend's Elder Scrolls Online Beta Stress test. If anyone is interested in it, just shoot me a PM. If no one claims it by Friday, I may post it to FB to see if any of my RL friends want it. :P
I'm not really interested in it but i must ask, how is it? I know little to nothing about it so I'm curious.

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 02/27/2014, 09:10 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/27/2014, 12:08 AMI have a spare key for this weekend's Elder Scrolls Online Beta Stress test. If anyone is interested in it, just shoot me a PM. If no one claims it by Friday, I may post it to FB to see if any of my RL friends want it. :P
I'm not really interested in it but i must ask, how is it? I know little to nothing about it so I'm curious.
I don't think I'm their target audience, and I can't really say anything specific due to NDA agreements, but I can't imagine paying a monthly fee for it. 

I LOVE Skyrim. I freakin' love it.

I played a fair amount of Oblivion and Morrowind, but they never hooked me like Skyrim.

ESO is almost as pretty as Skyrim, but the last couple of times I've jumped into beta, it's felt more like WoW. (Think fetch quests)

Having said that, I used to LOVE WoW, but I've burnt out on that whole play mechanic.

And I just don't have enough disposable time these days to feel like I'm getting my money's worth out of a game that costs $15 (or more) per month when there are so many good Obey games that cost $15 once and are f2p forever.

But, it totally is worth checking out.  As I mentioned, I'm not who they are targeting.  It is fun for a few hours. And it looks AMAZING for an MMO.

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 02/27/2014, 11:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/27/2014, 09:10 PM
I don't think I'm their target audience, and I can't really say anything specific due to NDA agreements, but I can't imagine paying a monthly fee for it. 

I LOVE Skyrim. I freakin' love it.

I played a fair amount of Oblivion and Morrowind, but they never hooked me like Skyrim.

ESO is almost as pretty as Skyrim, but the last couple of times I've jumped into beta, it's felt more like WoW. (Think fetch quests)

Having said that, I used to LOVE WoW, but I've burnt out on that whole play mechanic.

And I just don't have enough disposable time these days to feel like I'm getting my money's worth out of a game that costs $15 (or more) per month when there are so many good Obey games that cost $15 once and are f2p forever.

But, it totally is worth checking out.  As I mentioned, I'm not who they are targeting.  It is fun for a few hours. And it looks AMAZING for an MMO.
Yeah see i didn't like Skyrim at first as much as the others but i grew to absolutely love it as well. It seems like a very interesting concept but the monthly pay would get annoying.

And i too got bored with WoW. It was fun to play with my friends but required a lot of "keeping up" to do, so i wonder if that is how ESO will be. I'm also curious to see if there will be any kind of story. Again, i know little to nothing about it, so maybe i should do some research too, haha.

munchiaz

Got my Alisia Dragoon today. Super excited. Played it a few times and managed to get half way through. The game is so awesome. But i need to learn how to manage my pets more

IMG

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 02/28/2014, 12:16 AMGot my Alisia Dragoon today. Super excited. Played it a few times and managed to get half way through. The game is so awesome. But i need to learn how to manage my pets more

IMG
Make sure to explore each level fully to find power ups and extra lives.
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 02/28/2014, 04:18 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 02/28/2014, 12:16 AMGot my Alisia Dragoon today. Super excited. Played it a few times and managed to get half way through. The game is so awesome. But i need to learn how to manage my pets more

IMG
Make sure to explore each level fully to find power ups and extra lives.
Indeed. first time i played i didn't do that and i died on stage 1. Second time i played i got to where its displayed in the picture. I found all kinds of hidden goodies

munchiaz

Been playing lots of dark souls II. Took a break last night from it though and played and beat sunset riders for the Genesis. I find it weird, that the girl you rescue at the end of the stage has voiced dialog but none of the bosses do.  Game is really short. but lots of fun

wildfruit

replaying metroid fusion for about the 20th time

PukeSter

I've been playing SVC Card Fighter's Clash still (I now have a Mech Zangief!), beat Yoshi's Island (it's been many years since I've done a proper play through, still a perfect game), and resumed my file in Super Metroid.

Also, I started Halo 2 (really cool, seems like it will be another legendary game in the series), and am expecting Art of Fighting 3 in the mail.