The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Just saying hello

Started by Dicer, 02/05/2014, 06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dicer

Hi there :)

Finally got around to getting myself added here, after a long hiatus I got the Turbo bug again, and I wan't to rebuild what was once a great collection.

I once owned a Duo with a collection of about 250 games between us and japan. I wrote a short lived fanzine "Duo Dimensions" and I even talked to the fine folks at T.T.I and Vic Ireland back in the day, those were great times indeed.

Prices these days seem to be a bit crazy but with a bit of patience and time and some luck, I can restore my collection back to it's former glory...

I have some turbo stickers I'll be giving away in the future, I hope people will enjoy them :)

Cheers

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!

Why would anyone dump a great Turbo collection?!?  Heroin and ginger snap addiction?  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 02/05/2014, 06:33 PMWelcome aboard!

Why would anyone dump a great Turbo collection?!?  Heroin and ginger snap addiction?  :mrgreen:
Mmmmm gingersnaps...I fell ill and had expenses to cover

RoyVegas

Welcome aboard Dicer!
All is well. :)

majors

Quote from: Dicer on 02/05/2014, 06:38 PM...I fell ill ...
"If you haven't got your health..."...you can't obey.

You have the right mindset, "patience and time and some luck". Stuff is 20 years old, waiting a week, month or year to re-acquire goodies will not hurt.

Looking forward to your tales of the Turbo front from your tour of duty, sounds like you got some stories.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

ToyMachine78

SuperPlay

Welcome :-)

It would be interesting to see some scans of your "Duo Dimensions" fanzine.

Dicer

Quote from: SuperPlay on 02/06/2014, 11:47 AMWelcome :-)

It would be interesting to see some scans of your "Duo Dimensions" fanzine.
In the process of still unpacking from moving and stuff, once I get my things out, I'll scan em up

Arjak

Welcome to the party! It's always nice to see a new face! I hope your stay is long and enjoyable. :D

I would also really like to see your fanzine. I love it when people show their love for something by creating something to honor it.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Xak

Welcome  aboard chummo!
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

Dicer

Quote from: Arjak on 02/06/2014, 02:21 PMWelcome to the party! It's always nice to see a new face! I hope your stay is long and enjoyable. :D

I would also really like to see your fanzine. I love it when people show their love for something by creating something to honor it.
Only cover for now and some stickers I plan on giving away...
IMG
IMG

geise

Awesome!

Welcome!

I find slowly buying games gives you the time to appreciate them before buying more.

JoshTurboTrollX

Welcome!  I picked up a Turbo Duo Sticker just like that a few years ago!!  I decided to decorate another not-so-Turbo console with it!  ;)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

Welcome back to the fold just a bit of a advice stick to the pce version of games  :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MotherGunner

Welcome, PLEASE scan that yellow set for us!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

NecroPhile

Yarr, Sparky might want it for future sticker productions.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Welcome aboard!

I do second the scanning of those yellow stickers.  They look really cool, like they've got a foil or shiny surface to them?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)