@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Your Favorite 80's Crushes

Started by pc_kwajalein, 02/06/2014, 11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pc_kwajalein

For those of us fortunate enough to have experienced the 80's, there was very much to love. The movies were (and still) great. The music was (and still is) wonderfully infectious. The clothes were cool... back then anyway. And the celluar phones  could double as wheel chocks in the event you needed to keep your car from rolling if the brake wasn't applied.

The 80's also had its share of babes. As a pre-teen at the time, I had crushes on quite a few of the fairer sex celebs.

Jennifer Grey comes to mind, and she was a cutie I enjoyed watching.  :mrgreen:

JenniferGrey.webp

Whether she was dancing with Patrick Swayze, kicking Jeffrey Jones in face, or setting off bombs in Soviet-occupied convenient stores, Jennifer Grey looked so damned good doing it. Then she got a nose-job, sharply reducing her status to "attractive chick #237".  :roll:

Who were some of your crushes during the 80's?
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

pc_kwajalein

Ah, Ally Sheedy. A fine, fine choice, good sir.  =D&gt;
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

MotherGunner

I am particular towards the 1981 one myself, but that's me; rebellious and shit!

IMG
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

CGQuarterly

This conversation begins and ends with Alyssa Milano.

Edit: And Mandarin Orange Slice beats the fuck out of Crush.

IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 02/06/2014, 11:57 PMThis conversation begins and ends with Alyssa Milano.
IMG

I was just 10 at that time  :D
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ccovell

Pre-op Soleil Moon Frye.   :P

bob

Xak

Dana from step by step. She was waaaaay older than me when I used to watch the show, I was just a kid. After recently rediscovering the series, my tastes have not changed much. Oh DANAAAAA

IMG
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

ToyMachine78

Opethian

IMG

ToyMachine78

^^ oh man... great pick! Don't fuck with the lords of hell.... Don't fuck with the babysitter!!! Lol

Tatsujin

we all agree 80s babes were awesome :D

Xak

80s chics were all NATURAL beauties. Not these nasty stick figure girls that run hollywood now

RoyVegas

Heather Locklear in TJ Hooker...  To this day she's still hot.....

HeatherLocklear.jpg
https://www.moviemarket.com/heather-locklear-257319/
All is well. :)

bob

...(waiting for the obligitory phoebe cates)

munchiaz

Danica McKellar from wonder years. I didn't watch it when it originally aired (i was born in 88) But growing up i always thought she was a cutie. She still really attractive today.

RoyVegas

Quote from: munchiaz on 02/07/2014, 01:48 PMDanica McKellar from wonder years. I didn't watch it when it originally aired (i was born in 88) But growing up i always thought she was a cutie. She still really attractive today.
Then:
winnie1.jpg

Now:
IMG
IMG

Xak

Markie Post from night court

BIG OL' BIGUNS

all natural all 80s

IMG

ToyMachine78

Whew..... Yeah I'd say Danica aged nicely!  :shock:

ToyMachine78

.... And one that didn't age so well:

Then:

IMG

And Now:

IMG

RoyVegas

True, she didn't age all that well but......  You'd still hit it though, wouldn't you?  C'mon, fess up!!  :---)

ToyMachine78

Quote from: RoyVegas on 02/07/2014, 03:14 PMTrue, she didn't age all that well but......  You'd still hit it though, wouldn't you?  C'mon, fess up!!  :---)
Depends how long I've been at the bar lol :P

pc_kwajalein

We got a lot of excellent mentions.

I'll throw Sarah Douglas into the pot seeing as she played a pair of drop-dead sexy villianesses in Superman and Conan, two of my favorite series during my youth.  =P~

IMG
IMG
IMG

xcrement5x

How about Kelly LeBrock before she started hitting the Twinkies?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

ToyMachine78

Ya know what I appreciate about the pic of Danica above? No boob job. I love a nice rack, but soooo many women are running around with fake tits now(especially celebrities), that it make me appreciate real ones even more. Even if they are on the smaller side....   Anyhoo...

Arkhan Asylum

lol, and then there's me, with Cyndi Lauper:

IMG

Vibes movie.  That's the one time I envy Jeff Goldblum, lol.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Sparky

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2014, 03:27 PMHow about Kelly LeBrock before she started hitting the Twinkies?
:( i cried a little :(

kelly-lebrock-weird-science-5.webp

kelly-lebrock-now.jpg

bob

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah that lady got rough.    Someone tried saying she still looks sexy.  bullshit.   
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Xak

Jane Child

JaneChild.webp

ToyMachine78

^^^Meh... A little too Mad Max at Thunder Done for my tastes.

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Arkhan Asylum

thats not big hair.

this is big hair.

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

also

its a big fucking picture.  fuck it.

FiftyQuid

I was always partial to Heather.  Had this poster on my wall as a kid.

moviemarket.co.uk/library/autograph/994027.jpg
HeatherThomasPosterAutographed.webp
IMG

I had one with a signature on it, but it actually said Heather.  I don't know what the hell the sig in the one above says.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

TheClash603

1.) .  No mention of Sigourney Weaver = thread fail.

2.) .  If we go into pop music territory, I would stock up with the mega-pack of Trojans for The Bangles.

ToyMachine78

The Bengals... Yes.... Hot!
Sigourney Weaver.... too manish IMO

pc_kwajalein

IMG

Jasmine Guy was always a dish for me.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2014, 09:51 AMTwo of my favs:
When I saw this thread's subject. Tiffany Amber Theissen was the first thing that came to my mind.
--DragonmasterDan

ToyMachine78

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 02/08/2014, 06:47 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/07/2014, 09:51 AMTwo of my favs:
When I saw this thread's subject. Tiffany Amber Theissen was the first thing that came to my mind.
She is/was Hawt!!!

xcrement5x

I'm not so partial to Sigourney, but she always reminds me of Geena Davis some reason, who looked pretty good in some of her movies.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 02/08/2014, 09:57 PMI'm not so partial to Sigourney, but she always reminds me of Geena Davis some reason, who looked pretty good in some of her movies.
Dibs on being the Key Master...  since I am the only Sigourney fan.

Tatsujin

Quote from: galam on 02/07/2014, 12:02 PM...(waiting for the obligitory phoebe cates)
le phoebe is all about this :D

IMG

geise

EvilEvoIX

IMG

I was so young and impressionable back then and when I first saw this I lost it, forever losing my innocence.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

geise

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 02/09/2014, 11:43 AMIMG

I was so young and impressionable back then and when I first saw this I lost it, forever loosing my innocence.
Makes sense.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/08/2014, 03:13 PM2.) .  If we go into pop music territory, I would stock up with the mega-pack of Trojans for The Bangles.
aw yeah.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: geise on 02/09/2014, 12:56 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 02/09/2014, 11:43 AMIMG

I was so young and impressionable back then and when I first saw this I lost it, forever loosing my innocence.
Makes sense.
..... I made cumsys.....
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

ccovell

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 02/09/2014, 11:43 AMI was so young and impressionable back then and when I first saw this I lost it, forever losing my innocence.
Yes, the first big bomb by Lucas was a shock to many kids.