12/23/2024: Localization News - Team Innocent

PC-FX Localization for Team Innocent is released, a pre-Christmas gift!! In a twist, it feels like the NEC PC-FX got more attention in 2024 than any other time I can remember! Caveat: The localizers consider the "v0.9" patch a BETA as it still faces technical hurdles to eventually subtitle the FMV scenes, but they consider it very much playable.
github.com/TeamInnocent-EnglishPatchPCFX
x.com/DerekPascarella/PCFXNews
Main Menu

TGCD won't spin discs!

Started by McThundergoose, 02/24/2014, 06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

McThundergoose

I got one with a working Turbografx about 3 years ago. It registers when the door is open and closed, but when attempting to run a game it just sits there. The disc won't spin, laser assembly doesn't move, and it doesn't appear to be lighting up even. The unit is in wonderful condition however.

Is there an easy fix, or am I better off looking for a person to repair it for me?

kale_criss

It could be many things... Bad laser, bad gear, rails need grease.  I'd say start by cleaning old grease off and apply lithium grease to the rails. then check to see if gears are still whole and freely turn. most are brittle by now. If it is bad look up Keith Courage for a new gear. If its good push the laser to outermost location and see if it comes back to center when powered on. it should then try and focus at center.