10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Kids!!

Started by psychobear, 12/04/2012, 12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnykonami

Quote from: wildfruit on 03/12/2014, 02:00 PMMy 6yold's favourite games in no particular order
Populous
Bomberman '94
Parasol stars
I came in here to say that I thought Bomberman/93/94 and Parasol Stars were the first games to come to mind as far as standing the test of time.  Bonk, Magical Chase and others with really colorful, cartoony graphics I would think would still appeal to kids yet untainted by the newer consoles.

Populous I am really surprised by though!   At 6!  Sounds like you have a smart kid!

wildfruit

I hope so
Populous was the third game I tried on mega drive bitd and the first i bought myself for game boy.
Must be in the genes

esteban

My daughter likes old-skool games:

Mario Bros. Series
Bonk 1-3
Bomberman series
Etc.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

wow roy.. grandson? hawoldru?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/12/2014, 08:18 PMwow roy.. grandson? hawoldru?
That kid has more hair on his head than I have ever had in my entire life combined since birth.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

ToyMachine78

RoyVegas

All is well. :)

jasonbar

Just plugged in the TD the other day & fired up some Alien Crush with the 1-year-old last night. Took pics. Planned on staring an "Awwww, my widdle boy id doh cyoot!" thread but saw this one on the front page. Convenient!

1.JPG 2.JPG

-Jason

RoyVegas

Quote from: jasonbar on 03/13/2014, 12:11 PMJust plugged in the TD the other day & fired up some Alien Crush with the 1-year-old last night. Took pics. Planned on staring an "Awwww, my widdle boy id doh cyoot!" thread but saw this one on the front page. Convenient!

-Jason
Just plugged it in?  It should stay plugged in for the lil ones enjoyment on a regular basis!
All is well. :)

Bernie

Playing a little Air Zonk with the little one.  :)

/DSC_0006.JPG

Miracle_Warrior

My son who is now 7 is currently playing through Neutopia II.  He loves it.  We usually have a couple of games on the go at any given time.  For the past several months we have been working on Neutopia II and Secret of Mana.  It takes us quite a while to get through games as we only play on Saturday nights, which have appropriately been named "Party night" :).  We get snacks and game out for the evening.  When you restrict your playing time to one night a week, it's special.  He looks forward to it, and I am hoping these nights become fond memories for him.

Secret of Mana has been especially fun because it's a co-op RPG.  My daughter often tags along as the third member of our party, but she's always a huge liability, so we disconnect her controller, while allowing her to still believe that she is playing.  I suspect she will become wise to our little trick very soon and we'll have no choice but to put up with her mindlessly wondering off on us, haha.

roflmao

This past Friday, while I was at work, my wife texted me a picture of my lil beating Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest.  Dangit, I was hoping to watch the ending with him. :P

This weekend we've been playing a lot of co-op games: Bomberman, Twinbee, Super Mario Kart, Uniracers... This afternoon, I think we're going to give Double Dungeons a shot. :D

mossman43

My daughter is 6 and absolutely loves Bonk. She's still working on Bonk's Adventure due to the limited playtime she has. She also enjoys Magical Chase. I figured that she would because it's easier than Cotton. She doesn't really care for the newer gen stuff.

jordan_hillman

My 8 and 10 year old cousins could absolutely give two shits about anything on the turbografx right now haha. I've been trying to school them on all the classic 8 and 16-bit systems but no luck so far.  :( Although, they both love them some Mario 64 and Super Smash Bros 64, so not all hope is lost quite yet.
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

YANDMAN

I swapped my kids for Soldier blade and parasol stars complete in box.

tggodfrey

I ended up with Yandmans kids for soldier blade and parasol stars.......neither want to play any games and they wont clean the house and my god do they eat too much.....I want my games back.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

gamerslife

my 10yr old likes it a lot and the "pretty colors", she has fun but knows only i can change the games....lol
The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N. -Wooderson (AKA:Matthew McConaughey)

esteban

Quote from: Bernie on 03/15/2014, 07:52 PMPlaying a little Air Zonk with the little one.  :)

/DSC_0006.JPG
I thought I already commented on this. But, I didn't.  So...

Awesome.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

InfraMan

Damn... no one named "Bernie" should be allowed to look that scary. :shock:

BlueBMW

Hes a big teddy bear :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NecroPhile

You think that looks scary?  You should see him when he's packin' a hair dryer.  :shock:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ClodBusted

Quote from: tggodfrey on 03/17/2014, 03:38 PMI ended up with Yandmans kids for soldier blade and parasol stars.......neither want to play any games and they wont clean the house and my god do they eat too much.....I want my games back.
:D