Avenue pad 6 story

Started by Phase, 02/15/2014, 01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phase

So I got 2 Avenue Pad 6's off of craigslist recently and  was cleaning them up. Both have some pretty good scratches on them. As I was scrubbing the top section/face plates I noticed one of them had the protective plastic film on it so I'm like cha-ching brand new faceplate under here... as I begin to peal it off it gets stuck and I pull harder and eventually it comes off leaving residue/marks on about 20 percent of the face in different streak like sections. no big deal I'm thinking got the goo gone ready, let it sit a while, scrub it and no result. I use laundry soap next to get the goo gone off still not the slightest bit better, then i try alcohol..nope, so I whip out some plastic cleaner..negative, plastic polish with grit.. still nothing happening except its starting to change the finish a little. :x meanwhile I'm also trying this on the other face to get a couple of deep scratches out. ends up looking sh!tty on both. (game over man) Well, I ended up just wet scratch padding both faces in one direction to get a brushed aluminium look ..eerr only on plastic (which I've done before on black acrylic) ended up looking pretty good/OK. The scratch pad ended up wearing off the marks. It was like the protective film bonded with the plastic in certain areas or something. anyways sorry no pics of the ordeal.

I hope this is just an AP6 problem and not anything else TG related with protective film.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen?

PS: All replies must start with "cool story bro"

Tatsujin

cool story bro..er..no never faced that kind of problem. also I have few pads with still the protective film on. might have a look on them one day. may be even a new Avenue pad 6.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

CrackTiger

This can happen to anything with that peel away film on it. It happened to my Mark III SMS.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

GohanX

Cool story, bro. I've never heard of this happening, maybe I should peel the film off of my nib Turbo controllers.

I would kill fir a brand new Ave 6 pad if I could find some. Ave 3 too.

CrackTiger

Quote from: JKM on 02/15/2014, 04:59 PMCool story, bro. I've never heard of this happening, maybe I should peel the film off of my nib Turbo controllers.

There are seven brand new Ave 6's on eBay and one brand new Ave 3.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Tatsujin

cool story bro..black tiger
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

GohanX

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2014, 06:32 PM
Quote from: JKM on 02/15/2014, 04:59 PMCool story, bro. I've never heard of this happening, maybe I should peel the film off of my nib Turbo controllers.

There are seven brand new Ave 6's on eBay and one brand new Ave 3.
I've looked before and they were always around a hundred bucks or so, but some of those are almost reasonable. Thanks!

Phase

Cool story bro, :-k On the AP6 it was hard to tell there was even film on it perhaps it was a thinner cheaper film and also the AP6 has a low not so glossy finish which also could have helped the problem.

I also have 2 standard TG pads with film on them but I'm just going to keep it on for now unless I hear of others having issues. The film looks more obvious and hopefully is better quality?

esteban

Thankfully, I never had this happen. However, I do have some pads that I have purposefully kept the film on (because it keeps the flan off the plastic). :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

Mzo

HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

cool wonder bra ..ha!

gamerslife

Thats weird my tg and tg back civer along with the controller still has the film im trying to keep it on though.......now im a lil scared hahaha
The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N. -Wooderson (AKA:Matthew McConaughey)

PunkCryborg

You can always make a new custom nec faceplate if it's too messed up

Phase

yeah, I'm a little scared too on my original tg controller but like I said I probably won't take it off unless I hear something about the originals, because they do look different then the ave pad- ave pad is hard to tell its on there.
Well my ave pads brushed look came out decent here is a shot.. I wish I would have taken a before shot of the film and cover film.
(Like I was saying in the other post used a scratch pad to wear of the top layer and the residue/problem areas)
IMG

Phase

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/04/2014, 04:31 PMYou can always make a new custom nec faceplate if it's too messed up
How would you go about that?  :-k

MrWunderful

Quote from: Phase on 04/04/2014, 09:25 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/04/2014, 04:31 PMYou can always make a new custom nec faceplate if it's too messed up
How would you go about that?  :-k
I would imagine it would need to be cut out like a decal.

I really like those pads with the extra buttons. Might need to get one from japan
Sell me your loose Hu Cards!!