RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... BT passed away early 2023 from health problems. He was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Question for Manhattan Requiem‏ ( LaserActive PC Engine LDROM )

Started by choijimmy, 04/07/2014, 01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

choijimmy

Hi folks,

  I would like to know what happen if you play Side 2 of Manhattan Requiem directly withOUT finishing side 1? The reason I am asking this is because my side 2 of Manhattan Requiem *had* circular scratched and unable to play at all. Then I use NOVUS #1,2,3 to rub the disc, now there is No more any visual scratches on the side 2. So far so good... When I put the side 2 into the player ( withOUT finishing side 1 -- well I spent 2 hours on it but still in Side 1 gameplay LOL ), I got the screen to ask me "push any button ( tray open )". Once I push any button, it will ask me to put Side 1 of the game. Is this normal? Just want to verify the side 2 is now in good shape or now. If yes, I will go ahead and spend more time for the side 1 gameplay to prove the disc 2 is indeed good. Attached the screenshot I got.

Anyone please help  :D

LA1.jpg

TheClash603

Just checked for you and I got the same screen.  Nothing is wrong with your copy.

choijimmy

Thanks TheClash603! Really appreciate your help.  :D
By the way, novus polisher rocks! Strongly recommended.

Jimmy

xcrement5x

Quote from: choijimmy on 04/07/2014, 07:49 PMThanks TheClash603! Really appreciate your help.  :D
By the way, novus polisher rocks! Strongly recommended.

Jimmy
Nice, glad to hear of another person who has had success with Novus.  I have a friend that told me he used it on LDs, but he was pretty much the only person I'd heard it from.  I've used it for repairing a couple beat up Game Gear screens, but I've never needed to use it on a LD.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)