RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

TG-16 Manual Scans

Started by Bernie, 03/08/2012, 08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

munchiaz

What would be the best way to print these out. Like which type of paper and what not. Would be nice to make my lords of thunder case look a bit better

jelloslug

Quote from: munchiaz on 04/30/2013, 11:17 PMWhat would be the best way to print these out. Like which type of paper and what not. Would be nice to make my lords of thunder case look a bit better
I print them out on 32 lb glossy color laser paper.  That is very close to the thickness of the real manuals.

jelloslug

Could someone do an Y's I&II manual and possibly the tray insert?

FiftyQuid

esteban, the links in post #1 are no longer working.  Something about the website being down.  I'm not sure how long it's been like this.

For anyone wanting to print the Soldier Blade manual, you'll notice the front and back cover are separated in the .pdf making it difficult to print.  I went ahead and combined them.  I don't have an Adobe account so I could not reassemble them with the original .pdf created by NecroPhile.  This at least gives you an option for printing.

SoldierBladeManualCover.jpg
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

esteban

I must fix this.. All the mp3 files got me in trouble with my host (too heavy load). Sucks. IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

wyndcrosser

nice work, I really appreciate this.

turboswimbz

Quote from: esteban on 06/12/2013, 06:13 PMI must fix this.. All the mp3 files got me in trouble with my host (too heavy load). Sucks. IMG
SIDE NOTE: Le Esteban, I lost all my PCengine City podcasts?  [in a long story to US 1.]  Anychance you have these?
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

esteban

Quote from: turboswimbz on 07/03/2013, 02:27 PM
Quote from: esteban on 06/12/2013, 06:13 PMI must fix this.. All the mp3 files got me in trouble with my host (too heavy load). Sucks. IMG
SIDE NOTE: Le Esteban, I lost all my PCengine City podcasts?  [in a long story to US 1.]  Anychance you have these?
https://www.tg-16.com/pc-engine-city-podcast.htm

You reminded me that I have add some momentary to that page. Damn.

:pcgs:

albatross

this is great!  thanks so much

esteban

Quote from: albatross on 09/30/2013, 01:45 PMthis is great!  thanks so much
All we need is for some kind folks to scan the missing manuals...  :pcgs: we could have a complete NA collection.

Arjak

I have some manuals that are not on the list:

-Exile
-Final Lap Twin
-J.B. Harold: Murder Club
-Lords of the Rising Sun
-Shape Shifter
-Splash Lake
-Ys I & II
-Ys III

I'll try to start scanning tonight. :)
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

MotherGunner

Can someone also do the U.S. System Card 3.0 one along with the rear art in high res?
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

esteban

Quote from: Arjak on 10/23/2013, 05:12 PMI have some manuals that are not on the list:

-Exile
-Final Lap Twin
-Lords of the Rising Sun
-Shape Shifter
-Splash Lake
-Ys I & II
-Ys III

Dude, that would be great. PM me when you are done and we'll upload it and update the archives.tg-16 database.  :pcgs:

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/23/2013, 05:17 PMCan someone also do the U.S. System Card 3.0 one along with the rear art in high res?
I'll host it with all the other manuals....  :pcgs:

Arjak

Quote from: esteban on 10/23/2013, 06:36 PM
Quote from: Arjak on 10/23/2013, 05:12 PMI have some manuals that are not on the list:

-Exile
-Final Lap Twin
-Lords of the Rising Sun
-Shape Shifter
-Splash Lake
-Ys I & II
-Ys III

Dude, that would be great. PM me when you are done and we'll upload it and update the archives.tg-16 database.  :pcgs:
PM sent containing Exile manual. I'll try to do more tomorrow. :)

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2013, 03:47 PMCould someone do an Ys I&II manual and possibly the tray insert?
Ys I & II manual, coming soon! :)

Arjak

Esteban, I've just PMed you manual scans for Ys I & II. :D

esteban

Quote from: Arjak on 10/26/2013, 02:11 PMEsteban, I've just PMed you manual scans for Ys I & II. :D
L'Awesomme.

wyndcrosser

great offer man, I was trying to figure out how to play Vasteel, there's no FAQ anywhere I could find.

esteban

STATUS: Arjak scanned a bunch of manuals that I will be making available soon.  :pcgs:

esteban

By "soon" I meant "10+" days...

Arjak scanned the following:

Exile
Final Lap Twin
J.B. Harold Murder Club
Shape Shifter
Splash Lake
Ys Book I & II

https://archives.tg-16.com/magazine_database.htm?col=pub&val=man

Xak

Thank you so much!! I printed Ys and Cosmic Fantasy so far!!!
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

esteban

MotherGunner

Quote from: esteban on 10/23/2013, 06:36 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/23/2013, 05:17 PMCan someone also do the U.S. System Card 3.0 one along with the rear art in high res?
I'll host it with all the other manuals....  :pcgs:
Great!  Anyone who can help?  =]
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Xak

Esteban cool! thanks broski
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

Arjak

I checked out the manual archive, and noticed a couple things that bugged me.

According to the URL, the Final Lap Twin manual was credited to Bernie and not me. All the other manuals that I contributed are credited correctly.

Also, Ys 3 was NOT Ys 4 in Japan. (this isn't Final Fantasy, Esteban)

The next manual I will be scanning is the last one I originally promised, Lords of the Rising Sun. If I get any new games that have manuals yet to be scanned, I'll definitely scan them, of course. :)

FiftyQuid

No offense to the original scanner that contributed Jackie Chan, but is there anyone with a cleaner scan of Jackie Chan?  I'm no Adobe wiz so it would take me forever to clean up the cover.

esteban

Quote from: Arjak on 11/29/2013, 03:04 PMI checked out the manual archive, and noticed a couple things that bugged me.

According to the URL, the Final Lap Twin manual was credited to Bernie and not me. All the other manuals that I contributed are credited correctly.

Also, Ys 3 was NOT Ys 4 in Japan. (this isn't Final Fantasy, Esteban)

The next manual I will be scanning is the last one I originally promised, Lords of the Rising Sun. If I get any new games that have manuals yet to be scanned, I'll definitely scan them, of course. :)
I'll fix that up.  :pcgs:

UPDATE: Ha! One link was good, one was bad. You can be 50% upset. I should get rid of the redundant links...not sure why I keep two. Anyway, both links should work now.

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 11/29/2013, 04:05 PMNo offense to the original scanner that contributed Jackie Chan, but is there anyone with a cleaner scan of Jackie Chan?  I'm no Adobe wiz so it would take me forever to clean up the cover.
I'd love everything to be pristine, but until then, enjoy the madness.  :pcgs:

UPDATE: Dear Lord, that is an atrociously battered cover.

I might have a better scan somewhere. No promises.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: esteban on 11/30/2013, 04:33 PMUPDATE: Dear Lord, that is an atrociously battered cover.

I might have a better scan somewhere. No promises.
LOL.  Thanks.  :D

Bernie

Sorry, it was the only one I had at the time Fifty.  :(

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Bernie on 12/14/2013, 01:19 PMSorry, it was the only one I had at the time Fifty.  :(
I put full blame on you Bernie.  Feel shame.  8)

jelloslug

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 11/29/2013, 04:05 PMNo offense to the original scanner that contributed Jackie Chan, but is there anyone with a cleaner scan of Jackie Chan?  I'm no Adobe wiz so it would take me forever to clean up the cover.
IMG

HailingTheThings

Is there still not a proper scan for the entirety of the Mergical Chersu booklet?

You'd think someone by now would have the testicular fortitude enough to take one for the team and gently remove the staples and get that shit going already.

Hey, Mossman guy thing, how about you?
IMG

Bernie

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/03/2014, 10:20 PMIs there still not a proper scan for the entirety of the Mergical Chersu booklet?

You'd think someone by now would have the testicular fortitude enough to take one for the team and gently remove the staples and get that shit going already.

Those scans will be charged via PayPal to access.  100 bucks a pop. No, wait..  500 bucks.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Bernie on 03/04/2014, 07:09 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/03/2014, 10:20 PMIs there still not a proper scan for the entirety of the Mergical Chersu booklet?

Those scans will be charged via PayPal to access.  100 bucks a pop. No, wait..  500 bucks.
that's hilarious.
IMG

esteban

Encourage anyone and everyone to make all of our scans better!

cr8zykuban0

very nice. i will have to look into this when ever i pick up some loose hu cards.

IrishNinja

Holy crap, excellent resource, thanks OP!  got everything i need but uh, Splatterhoue, Ninja Spirit & Vigilante. need to sort out how to print these over at kinko's now!
Cuttin' hangtabs since christmas '86
IMG
IMG

Phase

+1 Great resource, I've been using these to keep my originals from wearing out or getting damaged, as well as games I don't have the manuals for.

Here are some scanning tips I use on my cover project stuff that may help out.
1-Put black paper behind the manual pages, this helps reduce images and text from the other side to show through. Also helps reduce glare around the sides if the black paper is bigger than the page. (I got some black paper at an art supply store)
2-Put something flat on top of the page with a 2.5 pound weight on it for better/flatter compression, some scanner lids don't do a very good job.
3-Descreen scanner option should help on these if your not using it already.

Arjak

Esteban, why isn't the last manual I sent you in the database yet? You're not getting lazy like me, are you? :P

Also, I'll try to finish up the next manual I've been working on soon. I know it's been a while since I promised it, but it's still in my mind.

warpig227

this is awesome thanks for putting the effort and doing this !

Bernie

Are we still on for pc engine manual scans?  If so, I'll start scanning asap.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 04/18/2014, 09:26 AMI'm going to try to knock out TV Sports Football today. I'm sick and tired of everyone bashing this classic because they don't know how to play it.  Best game in the entire TG/PCE library!
Noooooooo!!!1!!
IMG

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 04/18/2014, 09:26 AMI'm going to try to knock out TV Sports Football today. I'm sick and tired of everyone bashing this classic because they don't know how to play it.  Best game in the entire TG/PCE library!
I got this game to try and help me figure out the rules of this curious game you call football.
Needless to say it did not.

OGHUGO

Hey Bernie thanks for the manuals..  I'm wondering if I can take these to let's say kinkos or staples and get the actual manual printed and cut just like the original manual in glossy paper..  Has anyone tried that ?

Bernie

Quote from: OGHUGO on 04/21/2014, 06:43 PMHey Bernie thanks for the manuals..  I'm wondering if I can take these to let's say kinkos or staples and get the actual manual printed and cut just like the original manual in glossy paper..  Has anyone tried that ?
Some folks here have.  I sure someone here can give you some pointers on how to get it done.  I didn't do this with that in mind, so I am not sure really.  Also, I didn't remove the staples, so some of the thicker manual scans will be kinda outta wack. 

jelloslug

Quote from: OGHUGO on 04/21/2014, 06:43 PMHey Bernie thanks for the manuals..  I'm wondering if I can take these to let's say kinkos or staples and get the actual manual printed and cut just like the original manual in glossy paper..  Has anyone tried that ?
The pages will fit on a normal sheet of paper.  You will need an oversized stapler to staple them though.

OGHUGO

Ok but does it work with the front and back images so that you can cut the paper and run the staples thought the middle ?

NecroPhile

You'll have to reorder the sheets for that to work, but it can be done.

Sent from a keyboard using a dialing wand.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jelloslug

Quote from: OGHUGO on 04/21/2014, 08:40 PMOk but does it work with the front and back images so that you can cut the paper and run the staples thought the middle ?
Yep, you will have to reorder the pages to have it come out correctly.  I use Publisher to reorder the pages and to get them the right size and I have an extra deep stapler to staple them all together.

esteban

Quote from: Bernie on 04/14/2014, 09:27 PMAre we still on for pc engine manual scans?  If so, I'll start scanning asap.
Hell yes. I say we go for it.  :pcgs:

OGHUGO

I got a stupid oki printer and I can never get the front page to line up with the back page no matter what I do..  I tried this on some neo geo manual scans I had ended up just forgetting about it..  Do you think people at kinkos will look at you weird if you go and ask them for this ?