Sidearms Special Raffle

Started by NecroPhile, 04/18/2014, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

In honor of zombie jeebus day, here's your chance to get a disc only copy of Sidearms Special with the lovely 'before christ' mode.  My standard rules:

1. Don't enter if you already have a copy.
2. 150 post minimum by the time of the drawing, and they can't mostly be in buy/sell/raffle threads.
3. You promise to never sell it for profit, and that you'll re-raffle it if you ever want to get rid of it.
4. It must be played.  No dust collectors!
5. I reserve the right to not include whiners, maroons, and anyone else that pisses me off.
6. A random winner will be selected somewhere around May Day.

P.S. - In a roundabout way, thanks go to Windy for providing this one.  'Twas a bonus item included with some other games bought from him, and I've since gotten a complete copy.

Entrants:

BigusSchmuck
hoobs88
munchiaz
Nando
NightWolve
Nulltard
spenoza
wildfruit
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

wildfruit

Please consider my entry
Nulltard if you win please send me the dust.
Sealed.

NightWolve

I could go for this. Sign me up.

HailingTheThings

Just wanted to say thanks for raffling a game with a "Before Christ" mode, what a time that must've been.

*sighs*

(Don't add me as I'll someday grab a complete-oh copy of this-oh game-oh.)

Oh.

IMG
IMG

BigusSchmuck

spenoza

I keep telling myself I don't need Sidearms, but I love a good shooter, so I'm torn. I'll let you choose for me. Do I need Sidearms or not?

Nando

Hells yeah!
Happy  "rise from your grave" day!

roflmao

I've already got this fun shewtie, so don't add me.  Just wanted to send out some TurboKarma.  Without the most famous zombie, I wouldn't be gorging myself in chocolate.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 04/19/2014, 06:56 PMI keep telling myself I don't need Sidearms, but I love a good shooter, so I'm torn. I'll let you choose for me. Do I need Sidearms or not?
Everyone needs Sidearms!

Except for Josh.  He is not worthy.

Quote from: Nando on 04/20/2014, 02:22 PMHells yeah!
Does this mean you want in?  Do it.  DOO  EEEET!

munchiaz

sign me up for this please

Nando

Quote from: guest on 04/21/2014, 12:28 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/19/2014, 06:56 PMI keep telling myself I don't need Sidearms, but I love a good shooter, so I'm torn. I'll let you choose for me. Do I need Sidearms or not?
Everyone needs Sidearms!

IMG

I'M IN!!!!

this is one of those games that I always wanted, but have yet to buy. Stupid discovery of JP only games took mah money ;)

NightWolve

Quote from: Nando on 04/21/2014, 03:19 PMIMG
Ahahah, can't believe somebody else besides me remembers this old Ben Stiller character! That's all I remember from his short-lived show, his, "Do it, do it, c'mon do it, do it, etc." shtick. The show first aired on Fox, no ? And didn't last very long ?

schweaty

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/22/2014, 12:58 PMAhahah, can't believe somebody else besides me remembers this old Ben Stiller character! That's all I remember from his short-lived show, his, "Do it, do it, c'mon do it, do it, etc." shtick. The show first aired on Fox, no ? And didn't last very long ?
pretty sure its from Starsky and Hutch

NecroPhile

Bump!  Just a few days left to toss your hatris into the ring.

esteban

I'm a fan of this game. Any shooter fan who isn't easily intimidated should have fun with this.

ALSO: SideArms was never available on any other console, was it? Computers, perhaps, but never ported to any other consoles...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Nando

Quote from: esteban on 04/28/2014, 11:22 AMI'm a fan of this game. Any shooter fan who isn't easily intimidated should have fun with this.

ALSO: SideArms was never available on any other console, was it? Computers, perhaps, but never ported to any other consoles...
The Playstation had it with the Capcom Collections series.  Other than that, it was on  ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Amiga, Commodore 64, and Atari ST; according to the wiki.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 04/21/2014, 12:28 PM
Everyone needs Sidearms!

If this was an Ordyne Special raffle, I'd be all over it!!  ;)

Regardless, nice on ya for the raffle!  Congrats in advance to the winner!  +1 Turbsy Karmacks!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

hoobs88

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/22/2014, 12:58 PM
Quote from: Nando on 04/21/2014, 03:19 PMIMG
Ahahah, can't believe somebody else besides me remembers this old Ben Stiller character! That's all I remember from his short-lived show, his, "Do it, do it, c'mon do it, do it, etc." shtick. The show first aired on Fox, no ? And didn't last very long ?
It was only on for one season (13 episodes). I have the DVD and that was one of my favorite sketches. He did reprise that role in Starsky & Hutch.

Please sign me up for this raffle.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

CrackTiger

Quote from: Nando on 04/28/2014, 11:32 AM
Quote from: esteban on 04/28/2014, 11:22 AMI'm a fan of this game. Any shooter fan who isn't easily intimidated should have fun with this.

The Playstation had it with the Capcom Collections series.  Other than that, it was on  ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Amiga, Commodore 64, and Atari ST; according to the wiki.
Both PCE versions have arcade-superior aesthetics, why still being extremely faithful (more so than almost any other 16-bit arcade port). The only shortcoming is the lack of 2-player co-op, but you still get to merge into the super form.

The Euro computer ports are just typical recreations and the devs likely didn't have access to any of the original assets.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Nando

I've loved this game since I first played it in the arcades, this was another reason why I always wanted a TG16/PCE.  It's a superb, DIFFICULT, game. I do have a bit of fan boy gloss over my eyes btw.

I got side track by discovering other PCE titles, so I haven't bought it yet. Go figure...

NecroPhile

Results of the trip through the randomizer:

1. spenoza
2. BigusSchmuck
3. wildfruit
4. hoobs88
5. NightWolve
6. Nando
7. munchiaz
8. Nulltard

Congrats, spenoza.  Please PM me your mailing address.  :mrgreen:

Nando

CONGRATS DUDE!

Enjoy and don't get too frustrated, you'll beat it in time.

;)

HailingTheThings

IMG

spenoza

Ooooo.... Does this mean I get/have to learn to shoot in TWO directions? That's, like, twice as many directions as most shooties. Capcom, I lurve yew. Group hug! Capcom and NecroPhile and me!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2014, 01:28 AMOoooo.... Does this mean I get/have to learn to shoot in TWO directions? That's, like, twice as many directions as most shooties. Capcom, I lurve yew. Group hug! Capcom and NecroPhile and me!
The CD has a special version of the game, but I'd spend time with the regular version first to better appreciate the changes made.

Also, the chiptunes are excellent and hold up well to the Red Book, so give them a chance to warm your heart, too.

Basically, I'm telling you to get the HuCARD, play the hell out of it, then play the CD you just won in the raffle.

What?

Fine, just play the CD.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bardoly

Congratulations spenoza!  And to NecroPhile for doing the raffle!

spenoza

So, I got this strange little padded package in the mail. It says it's from Robot Hell, which is apparently in Nebraska. I'd believe it. I'm not sure what to do with the shiny silver disc enclosed within, however. Is this some sort of Tron energy frisbee? Do I throw it as evil computer programs? I will report back when I have determined its function.