RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

pcedaisakusen.net - What is your rank, and if you don't have one, why not?

Started by Trenton_net, 06/09/2014, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trenton_net

Hey Gang,

I noted a few people here use pcedaisakusen.net. What is your rank, and if you don't have one, why not?

My current rank is 33. Still a long way to go before I catch up with Tatsujin! (^_^)

Tatsujin

there are other ranks resp. counts on PCEDAI too :)

beaten games (rank)
whole collection (rank)
shewties only
hudson vol. only

but this would be a good idea to turn them into real ranks in the future :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PunkCryborg

I really wish there was a way to see total rank over all members for game clears. In the stats page it only lets you see the top 10.
Total game rank for me is #50 at 189 games under user name elabit
total cleared games 45

Trenton_net

Ah, yes. I should have been more clear. I'm rank 33, but only in terms of total games owned.

NecroPhile

I'm #31 in terms of games owned.  I don't bother marking clears (syscard clears!!!) and since they're region prejudiced, the Hudson Vol. and Shewtie ranks mean nothing to me.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

I'm ranked number 3 for games cleared, but only because (aside from #1 being bogus) you can only mark games you currently own as being cleared. I also don't have a lot of games registered as part of my "collection", because it's a pain in the ass figuring out all the names and navigating across pages of lists to check them off.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Trenton_net

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2014, 12:07 PMI'm ranked number 3 for games cleared, but only because (aside from #1 being bogus) you can only mark games you currently own as being cleared. I also don't have a lot of games registered as part of my "collection", because it's a pain in the ass figuring out all the names and navigating across pages of lists to check them off.
I agree it's a pain to do. But after a while I found that it was almost impossible to keep track of what you have without doing it. So one day I bit the bullet and started recording everything. Just use the product number + PC-Engine bible to identify what it is, and then enter it in (if you can't identify something)

Bardoly

Quote from: Trenton_net on 06/09/2014, 11:56 PMHey Gang,

I noted a few people here use pcedaisakusen.net. What is your rank, and if you don't have one, why not?

My current rank is 33. Still a long way to go before I catch up with Tatsujin! (^_^)
My library ranking is #17, but I'll be #16 before too long, as I'm only 1 game behind Geosnow (whoever that is).   :-"
... and it'll be a while before I catch up with Tatsujin as well.   :-({|=

I've currently cleared 35 games, and my goal is to have cleared 70-100 by the end of this year if possible.  Like others, I do wish that the games cleared rankings showed the top 100 or something.

Quote from: Trenton_net on 06/10/2014, 02:35 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/10/2014, 12:07 PMI'm ranked number 3 for games cleared, but only because (aside from #1 being bogus) you can only mark games you currently own as being cleared. I also don't have a lot of games registered as part of my "collection", because it's a pain in the ass figuring out all the names and navigating across pages of lists to check them off.
I agree it's a pain to do. But after a while I found that it was almost impossible to keep track of what you have without doing it. So one day I bit the bullet and started recording everything. Just use the product number + PC-Engine bible to identify what it is, and then enter it in (if you can't identify something)
^^ Agreed, it may be a big pain, but it's worth it.

Tatsujin

Why is it a pain? you have everything there: JPN name, translated US name, etc. :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Bardoly

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/10/2014, 08:53 PMWhy is it a pain? you have everything there: JPN name, translated US name, etc. :)
The pain is not in the website, but in the finding out the correct name to a game in your hand, when the title is entirely in moon-speak so that you can check it off on the list.  I actually create my own (ugly) labels for all of my PC Engine games like so:

IMG

If I don't have my games labels clearly like this, then I may be confused about what the games are, especially for the games like thos in the picture above, because the titles are all in Japanese with no English to help.  I do know that many of the games do either have English titles or the artwork makes it VERY clear which games they are, but for game like these, it may be a daunting task to add your collection to PCE Daisakusen!  :(

Trenton_net

Quote from: Bardoly on 06/10/2014, 09:52 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/10/2014, 08:53 PMWhy is it a pain? you have everything there: JPN name, translated US name, etc. :)
The pain is not in the website, but in the finding out the correct name to a game in your hand, when the title is entirely in moon-speak so that you can check it off on the list.  I actually create my own (ugly) labels for all of my PC Engine games like so:

IMG

If I don't have my games labels clearly like this, then I may be confused about what the games are, especially for the games like thos in the picture above, because the titles are all in Japanese with no English to help.  I do know that many of the games do either have English titles or the artwork makes it VERY clear which games they are, but for game like these, it may be a daunting task to add your collection to PCE Daisakusen!  :(
This is a problem if you don't have the physical item with you, but I found the easiest way to combat this is to simply search by product ID. The pain comes once, but after you get everything entered, it's easy as pie to keep it up to date.

PunkCryborg

IDK about you guys but figuring out what stuff like that is and searching japanese stuff is part of the fun or buying imports

Tatsujin

exactly. and not knowing about what games oneself is owning is a fail to begin with :P

Bardoly

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/11/2014, 12:44 AMexactly. and not knowing about what games oneself is owning is a fail to begin with :P
I understand and basically agree with you, and if we could all read Japanese, then entering one's PC Engine game collection into PCE Daisakusen! would be quite easy..., but since most of us likely can't read Japanese, we don't know best how to alphabetize/categorize our PC Engine games without putting them in some sort of order - usually alphabetical using our native language, which for most of us on this site is English.  If one only ever adds to one's collection one at a time and keeps PCE Daisakusen! updated constantly, then yes, adding one game should be quite simple, but if one wants to add many games at one time, then it may be more difficult, unless one already has/knows clear names for all of them.

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/10/2014, 11:57 PMIDK about you guys but figuring out what stuff like that is and searching japanese stuff is part of the fun or buying imports
I agree with you here.  What I believe that Black Tiger and I were trying to comment on was that the initial investment of time needed to add a medium to large sized collection to PCE Daisakusen! can be rather daunting, because of issues mentioned above and the fact that often there can be multiple English translations of Japanese game titles.  Just try to compare 2 of the best sites available - PCE Daisakusen! and The PC Engine Bible, and one can find many title discrepancies.

CrackTiger

It's just tedious to navigate, especially from my game room (especially on a phone or tablet) and it can be hard to figure out exactly how the site lists a game that I know the title of.

It would be better if all options and check boxes were on the same list/page, instead of three or four separate places. The only way to figure out if you fully plugged in everything for a particular game, is to jump back and fourth between the Database and My Collection lists and their sub-sections/pages and then start all over for the next game.

The fact that doing that once or twice made me consider starting a list on paper to keep track of what I did or did not find in one of the lists before going through the other list, begins to defeat the site's purpose.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

shubibiman

I'm ranked 8th in the Biggest Collections board and 2nd in the Most games cleard board.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Trenton_net

What is annoying is that there are people like Adol who clearly sold off all of his collection a while ago, but still remain on the charts because they are too lazy to deactivate their account/listings. Otherwise we would all be up on the rankings by 1 spot.

Bardoly

Quote from: Trenton_net on 06/11/2014, 03:32 PMWhat is annoying is that there are people like Adol who clearly sold off all of his collection a while ago, but still remain on the charts because they are too lazy to deactivate their account/listings. Otherwise we would all be up on the rankings by 1 spot.
True,
I know that megamind sold off some of his stuff as well, and some people have not been active on PCE Daisakusen! for 5+ years, so who knows what they have now?  One odd thing that I haven't figured out is that some members show up high in the rankings, but it shows that they have 0 games.  It must be a glitch of some sort...

CrackTiger

Quote from: Trenton_net on 06/11/2014, 03:32 PMWhat is annoying is that there are people like Adol who clearly sold off all of his collection a while ago, but still remain on the charts because they are too lazy to deactivate their account/listings. Otherwise we would all be up on the rankings by 1 spot.
The fact that he/they admitted to being more than one person and that their pcedai collection is the combination of both is more ridiculous. Ridiculous because collector pride is just that important to them.

johnnykonami

Signed up just now, waiting on the confirmation e-mail.  My collection right now is mostly SCD's, I am going to have to reacquire many of the US turbochips I once had soon.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Bardoly on 06/11/2014, 04:51 PMOne odd thing that I haven't figured out is that some members show up high in the rankings, but it shows that they have 0 games.  It must be a glitch of some sort...
I believe that's because they have their collection set to private.

Trenton_net

They should clean out accounts which aren't access in a specific amount of time as it's clear people will not come back.

xcrement5x

IDEA!

Include the product SKU/barcode number in the next update (LOL) and allow search by that.  Then you can build an app the lets you scan your game with your phone and automatically takes to to the game.  Then you can (while matched with your account) update your collection/wishlist, comment, and take additional pictures to add if it's missing in the title description.

That said, I know it'll never happen but smartphone integration is pretty slick.  I am 154, but I haven't updated mine in awhile so maybe I've cracked the top 150 at this point :D
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

rag-time4

Looks like I am currently ranked 47 with 202 total pce gets. I have a rather embarrassing 41 clears.

wildfruit

NightWolve

I just registered on Tatsujin's site and was looking for his promotional page, figured he had one here (just links it from time to time), but I guess this thread will do. So these would be my public links (yeah, should work):

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/664/show-collection.htm
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/664/show-user.htm

Will try to remember to fill in all my owned originals and cleared games from time to time. Still haven't even finished my BackLoggery so I know I have a track record for leaving things unfinished... :/

o.pwuaioc

Dicer

Just signed up, will fill it in over the next day, odd that I added Xanadu's yet they aren't showing in my collection

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 08/12/2015, 01:36 AMMissing of course Mysterious Song and Atlantean.
Agreed! And the rest of the homebrew games that aren't on there.

rcantor77

Quote from: guest on 08/12/2015, 01:45 AM
Quote from: guest on 08/12/2015, 01:36 AMMissing of course Mysterious Song and Atlantean.
And alot of of the unofficial games from Games Express... although some are. AV Poker World Gambler for one... I did PM elnino last week about it.

Anyway, I am currently number 25 in total games owned... although I have got a handful of games on their way to me so that would put me at number 23 soon, but I have good whack of the games I really want now so I have started tracking down all of the hardware pieces that I don't have in my collection yet. Which is another thing that I suggested would be good to add to the site... I already have pretty much all the details for all hardware released, but it would be quite a bid site change to add in another section like that.
PC-Engine.co.uk - definitive hardware listing for all PC Engine and Turbo Grafx systems.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 08/12/2015, 01:45 AMAgreed! And the rest of the homebrew games that aren't on there.
Nor are the Laseractive LDROM2 games, which I can see the argument being that they don't qualify.
--DragonmasterDan

shubibiman

I'm currently #8 for the number of games owned and... #1 for the number of games cleared  8)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

NightWolve

Quote from: rcantor77 on 08/12/2015, 04:16 AM
And alot of of the unofficial games from Games Express... although some are. AV Poker World Gambler for one... I did PM elnino last week about it.
Tell him that Legendary Axe I & II are missing as well which is hard to believe! For shame!!! - I stand corrected, Japan-only filter got enabled when I searched for it.

Random plug: A HG101 review littered with plenty of eye candy from both games!

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/legendaryaxe/legendaryaxe.htm

jtucci31

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/12/2015, 03:11 PM
Quote from: rcantor77 on 08/12/2015, 04:16 AM
Tell him that Legendary Axe I & II are missing as well which is hard to believe! For shame!!!

Random plug: A HG101 review littered with plenty of eye candy from both games!

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/legendaryaxe/legendaryaxe.htm
It's under "T" for "THE Legendary Axe" :)

NightWolve

I did a double take that I could miss that, but no, I click Database, I search under "axe" and all that comes up is Golden Axe. Tried searching under "legendary" and it still doesn't come up. Like you suggested, I clicked on Database and then clicked "T" to get everything under "The," but it still doesn't show up for me...

Got a link ?? At any rate, there's either a bug with it or it's not there...
- Japan-only filter got enabled.

NecroPhile

NightWolve

Ah, good save Necro! I stand corrected... All I wanted to do was add it to my collection and it gave me hell for it! ;) Alright, I've better updated my list.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/12/2015, 03:28 PMAh, good save Necro! I stand corrected... All I wanted to do was add it to my collection and it gave me hell for it! ;) Alright, I've better updated my list.

It's under L at the bottom, "The Legendary".

turboswimbz

I happen to be 68 in games owned.  I have sadly only cleared 37 games   :-s
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

reno5

I'm 93 in games owned and i've only cleared 11 games. Its a shame !

Bardoly

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I have only beaten 1 game in the last year - raising my clears up to 36.  Man, I really need to find some more gaming time!    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I did make it to #16 in library rankings, but then I stalled out.  Oh well, one of these years I'll catch up to Tatsujin.   :-"