RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

C'mon, goosey!  We're waiting!!!!!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Just to save this thread from going dead for another year or two, I'll post this one for now:

IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

Tatsujin

hm..doesn't look like irem style tho.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/20/2014, 09:51 AMTonma?
No, but I will admit that it is not from related to Irem (as far as I know).

blueraven

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

CrackTiger

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/20/2014, 02:01 PMnope.
Lol, you are correct that he is wrong.

The pic is at double size, but that chest is still bigger than most you'll find in-game among PCE games.

Tatsujin

even bigger than in dynastic heros? :wow:

blueraven

CrackTiger

shubibiman

esteban

I can't even guess. No clue.

CrackTiger

shubibiman

CrackTiger

blueraven

Magicoal? or Pop 'n Magic?

I always get those two confused.

CrackTiger

Quote from: blueraven on 06/21/2014, 09:59 PMMagicoal? or Pop 'n Magic?

I always get those two confused.
Neither, but Magicoal is the Seiken Densetsu-looking game and Pop 'n Magic is like Bubble Bobble.

Here is even more of the screen:

IMG

blueraven

Dragon Slayer II? or maybe the 2nd Xanadu?

I'm shooting fish in a bucket.

CrackTiger

Quote from: blueraven on 06/21/2014, 10:16 PMDragon Slayer II? or maybe the 2nd Xanadu?

I'm shooting fish in a bucket.
No, but there are only like 80 more RPG'ish PCE games left to guess. :wink:

It's looking like it may not be guessed even after the entire screen is revealed. :P

I'll say that it isn't some obscure omake or cinematic or anything. This is one of the main gameplay aspects.

Mathius

Good grief I don't know. Looks like you stumped the whole PC Engine fan base, BT.

CrackTiger

roflmao

CrackTiger

roflmao

Woot!  I'll come up with a screenshot tomorrow. :)

I loved the anime version of Dragon Half so much that I picked up the PCE version bitd without knowing anything about it.  The PCE game isn't bad, but I wish I knew what was going on more often. Everyone ought to check out the anime, though.  It's pretty silly.

seieienbu

=D&gt;

Every time I look through these threads I see games that I didn't know existed and now want to try.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Tatsujin

roflmao

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/22/2014, 12:52 AMlol, that ain't no RPG :D
I must have missed that part.  It's more of a wacky board game. :)

CrackTiger

Never said that it was, but it and similar games on PCE are as much as or more RPGs as so many other games that people call "RPG" today (Snatcher, Zelda, war sims, etc).

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 06/22/2014, 09:46 AM
Never said that it was, but it and similar games on PCE are as much as or more RPGs as so many other games that people call "RPG" today (Snatcher, Zelda, war sims, etc).
ok, you said RPG'ish games ;)

CrackTiger

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/22/2014, 10:43 AM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/22/2014, 09:46 AM
ok, you said RPG'ish games ;)
He admitted to randomly guessing RPG'ish games, I only pointed out how futile that was. :wink:

Tatsujin

I just ment to say that you're right. it endeed is RPGish :)

shubibiman

You can delete this post ^^;

CrackTiger

shubibiman

I had the answer but didn't see Roflmao gave it while I was posting it or at least trying to remember the name of the game.  ](*,)

esteban

ANSWER: It is clearly from Dragon Half. Next...

ClodBusted

Quote from: guest on 06/21/2014, 11:50 PMWoot!  I'll come up with a screenshot tomorrow. :)

I loved the anime version of Dragon Half so much that I picked up the PCE version bitd without knowing anything about it.  The PCE game isn't bad, but I wish I knew what was going on more often. Everyone ought to check out the anime, though.  It's pretty silly.
Got the Anime DVD and PCE game too... I still don't know how to win and found the controls to have a weird lag?

The Anime rocks! I wish there'd be a printed English translated version of the Manga books somewhere.

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 06/21/2014, 11:50 PMWoot!  I'll come up with a screenshot tomorrow. :)

So, what do you have for us?

roflmao

Sorry, my bad. :(

here you go!

IMG

shubibiman

esteban

NecroPhile

esteban

Doraemon II: Manji  Maru.

ccovell

CrackTiger

roflmao

Sorry!  I've been offline all day. shubibiman got it!  Yeesh, I suck at these. :P

Edit: I always thought it was "Volfiev" but it seems it may actually be "Volfied".  Whatever.  Fun, challenging game!

Tatsujin