What is a reasonable price to pay for such a small bundle of games.

Started by elderbroom, 07/21/2014, 10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elderbroom

Hello

I am trying to workout a deal on a small bundle of games. Would value input from those much more experienced that myself .. what is a reasonable price to pay for such a bundle.

Bomberman  cic               
Keith Courage cic       
Legendary Axe 2 cic         
Pac-Land cic               
Raiden cic             
WC Tennis cic                   
Yo Bro cic

* from photos all are in very clean, very nice condition.

Any constructive input is appreciated.
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

bob

NecroPhile

Most of 'em are worth around $10 each or less, with Raiden being the only outlier.  That said, I'd say galam is pretty close for a bundle price and no eBay fees, though I'd maybe go as high as $70 (Raiden's been pricey for a long time).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

elderbroom

Awesome guys ! appreciate the quick input.  I walked away from the deal as the guy was certainly pushing well above those numbers.  I picked up a Turbo Everdrive a week ago .. so now can sit back and wait for the right prices to collect.
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

bob

I say raiden at 30, bomberman 10, yo bro 10,  and the others should just be thrown for nothing.

Sparky

Quote from: elderbroom on 07/21/2014, 10:42 AMAwesome guys ! appreciate the quick input.  I walked away from the deal as the guy was certainly pushing well above those numbers.  I picked up a Turbo Everdrive a week ago .. so now can sit back and wait for the right prices to collect. 
there ya go, very smart and asking on here about prices is the way to do it, i use to pm a few members when i first joined inquiring about prices and such, it really helps and give you a good gauge.

munchiaz

my first thought was around $50 as well. You did the right thing by going with a ever drive, and just waiting for good deals to come around. The gaming community appreciates people like you who don't inflate the market because they have to "HAVE IT NOW"

bob

Quote from: elderbroom on 07/21/2014, 10:42 AMAwesome guys ! appreciate the quick input.  I walked away from the deal as the guy was certainly pushing well above those numbers.  I picked up a Turbo Everdrive a week ago .. so now can sit back and wait for the right prices to collect. 
What was he asking?  For lulzzzz

Bardoly

Quote from: galam on 07/21/2014, 11:12 AMI say raiden at 30, bomberman 10, yo bro 10,  and the others should just be thrown for nothing.
Surely Legenday Axe II is worth something?

I would have said closer to $70ish for the lot, myself, but then, usually you should be able to get a little off for a lot...

elderbroom

Quote from: galam on 07/21/2014, 02:20 PM
What was he asking?  For lulzzzz
I am interested in collecting at least cic for all the titles I had as a teenager, or wanted as a teenager.  I am loving the Everdrive .. but still have a desire to own, and display all these titles that hold a nostalgic value for me.  But do now feel that I can sit back, and wait to find the titles I want at a reasonable price. Is this approach that uncommon ?
-----------------------
Elderbroom

NecroPhile

pulstar

Quote from: elderbroom on 07/21/2014, 04:26 PMI am interested in collecting at least cic for all the titles I had as a teenager, or wanted as a teenager.  I am loving the Everdrive .. but still have a desire to own, and display all these titles that hold a nostalgic value for me.  But do now feel that I can sit back, and wait to find the titles I want at a reasonable price. Is this approach that uncommon ?
This is the best approach to take nowadays what with traders/flippers on ebay trying to sell £10 games at £30 or more. Look at it this way, if you hadn't bought the everdrive and you really wanted to play those games and paid (just a random guess) $140 for them when they are only worth $50-$70 wouldn't you feel ripped off/cheated?

If you didn't feel ripped off, when you announced how much you bought them for in this thread then you would have  :D
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

ifkz

Here is what I paid for each; seems I have spent too much from the responses so far.
Bomberman  cic - have not found yet
Keith Courage cic  - $3 (shop)
Legendary Axe 2 cic    - $18.95 (BIN auction)
Pac-Land cic  - $13.50 (auction)
Raiden cic   - $20.73 as loose chip (auction)
WC Tennis cic - $8 (shop)
Yo Bro cic - have not found yet

I suspect Yo Bro should be $10, Bomberman, I do not really know, $15?  That adds up to $88.45, but you should at least save on shipping costs per title.

EDIT:  After seeing Necro's response I included where the titles were purchased in case it would also help.
THANKS TO ALL PCEFX members who have helped fix my hardware and add to my games library!  What a thrill!

NecroPhile

Single sales that include eBay fees are not directly comparable.

Alt-Nintega

Raiden loose is worth $50. Legendary axe and bomberman is also worth a lot. Check ebay.

Don't get ripped off.

bob

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 07/21/2014, 06:48 PMRaiden loose is worth $50. Legendary axe and bomberman is also worth a lot. Check ebay.

Don't get ripped off.
Dont ever change, bro. 
Im actually starting to enjoy your humor along the same line as wmac. Im at the point now where i want you to start posting much more often. I will send you a free game when you hit 250 posts. Im serious.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 07/21/2014, 06:48 PMRaiden loose is worth $50. Legendary axe and bomberman is also worth a lot. Check ebay.

Don't get ripped off.
I have an avatar for you.

IMG
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 07/21/2014, 07:32 PM

Don't get ripped off.
I have an avatar for you.

IMG
haha wtf?
IMG

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

CrackTiger

Don't get ripped off.
eBay won't let me check the full site right now, but I can only see CIC copies in the SOLD history and they're all $50'ish.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=raiden+turbografx&isNewKw=1&_sop=12&_pgn=1&epp=24&itemId=&fads=1&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&sqp=raiden+turbografx&trksid=p2053742.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xraiden+turbografx

3 CIC copies of Legendary Axe sold for $13 - $15.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=legendary+axe+turbografx&isNewKw=1&_sop=12&_pgn=1&epp=24&itemId=&fads=1&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&sqp=legendary+axe+turbografx&trksid=p2053742.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xlegendary+axe+turbografx

There haven't been much of any CIC copies of Bomberman on eBay recently, so someone paid $24 to have it. But Legendary Axe has always been one of the cheapest Turbo games around and Bomberman is simply one of the ones that is a step above enough to be worth selling individually sometimes. Games like Legendary Axe and Alien Crush usually just get raffled here.

Perhaps the reason you've had so much trouble here, is because you have such poor English skills (is it a second language?). The phrase "ripped off" in the context of buying means OVER paying. You shouldn't use it while recommending a buyer to pay way more than everyone else.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Psycho Punch

Bio Force Ape > all other games with apes on it except Rampage.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

CrackTiger

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 07/22/2014, 01:50 PMBio Force Ape > all other games with apes on it except Rampage.
All Tengai Makyou games > Bio Force Ape and Rampage.

Bardoly

Quote from: guest on 07/22/2014, 02:26 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/22/2014, 01:50 PMBio Force Ape > all other games with apes on it except Rampage.
All Tengai Makyou games > Bio Force Ape and Rampage.
Agreed.   :mrgreen:

NecroPhile

HailingTheThings

Bio Force Ape looks hilarious. Maybe I'll grab it someday if I find someone who does repros on the cheap.
IMG

Gentlegamer

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/22/2014, 05:11 PMBio Force Ape looks hilarious. Maybe I'll grab it someday if I find someone who does repros on the cheap.
Read that linked thread thoroughly . . .
IMG

synbiosfan

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 07/22/2014, 05:15 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/22/2014, 05:11 PMBio Force Ape looks hilarious. Maybe I'll grab it someday if I find someone who does repros on the cheap.
lololololol

Alt-Nintega

I have been offered 50 loose for Raiden. That's all I'm saying. Also, Not often Raiden is seen, so its not that easy to make price what it costs. Complete Raiden is also getting harder to find.

I can see gougers asking 100 for the game CIS. It's coming brothers!!!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 07/22/2014, 05:15 PM
There is a Bio Ape legit ROM however Hailing. It's like sonic, but with less lame hedgehogs and with more APE.

Bio Force Ape - Unreleased NES Game (Full Playthrough)
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

Gentlegamer

Frank Cifaldi live streamed the prototype when he first got it.

The final boss is SHADOW BIO FORCE APE.
IMG

Psycho Punch

This game is priceless. The final boss is funnier than it should. You approach him, he turns from a scientist to a WRESTLING APE just like you in a badass way, only to die with one single punch.  :lol:

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 07/22/2014, 06:56 PMThere is a Bio Ape legit ROM however Hailing. It's like sonic, but with less lame hedgehogs and with more APE.
I'm aware, I saw a video of AVGN playing it. I knida want it, but also don't. lol Thanks
IMG

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 07/22/2014, 07:31 PMThis game is priceless. The final boss is funnier than it should. You approach him, he turns from a scientist to a WRESTLING APE just like you in a badass way, only to die with one single punch.  :lol:
priceless? nice post. This is what gougers look at.

Enjoy $400 game next ebay listing.

Don't tell them what games are the shit, you are just making them more expensive.

This forum is pretty much all hypocrites and contradicts. You all have been exposed.

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: Nulltard on 07/23/2014, 07:17 PMI knew you'd break your vow of silence. ):
you sound like you wished for that because you adore me

Gentlegamer

A good summary of the saga of Bio Force Ape: http://lostlevels.org/bio-force-ape/

It turned out to be worth 2.7k monies.
IMG

HailingTheThings

IMG

slinkyturd

My best assessment of what you can get for these games online is:

Bomberman - $40-$60 (was forty for awhile until April, some sold in the $60's since though)
Keith Courage - $7-$8
Legendary Axe II - $26-$50 (it spiked in May for a CIC sale of $75, and then fell to the same price as a loose copy at $26)
Pac-Land - $15-$18
Raiden - $40-$90 (this one has been fluctuating wildly. The most recent one I can see, sold at $150, but I think that is a fluke and not a trend)
WC Tennis - $13-$15
Yo Bro - $20 (unfortunately about $25 too high for such a pile of S$%^ a game)
70/95 US Turbochips

NecroPhile

Most of those games have sold on eBay recently for far less than your prices:

Bomberman - $21.50
Keith Courage - $1.25
Legendary Axe II - $15.50
Pac-Land - $10.00
Raiden - except for a boxed copy that sold for $90, all recent copies sold for $50-60.  The only one I see for $150 actually sold for less: $150 or best offer and the best offer (whatever it was) was accepted.
World Court Tennis - $10.00
Yo Bro - $14.00

slinkyturd

My prices are for half and amazon along with ebay, which is probably why we have the discrepancy. I know a couple of the ones you listed are once in a very long blue moon prices. I was shopping for keith courages for months for extra cases and felt lucky to get one at $5 (including shipping) before then realizing I hated that tray and didn't want it after all. lol I think the bomberman might be a fluke as well. I rarely see them anywhere under $30 (before the auction ends; I'm not sure where it ends at or if it actually sells.). I think someone got lucky on ebay. Hope it was someone worthy of that luck.
70/95 US Turbochips

CrackTiger

Quote from: slinkyturd on 07/24/2014, 11:43 AMMy prices are for half and amazon along with ebay, which is probably why we have the discrepancy. I know a couple of the ones you listed are once in a very long blue moon prices. I was shopping for keith courages for months for extra cases and felt lucky to get one at $5 (including shipping) before then realizing I hated that tray and didn't want it after all. lol I think the bomberman might be a fluke as well. I rarely see them anywhere under $30 (before the auction ends; I'm not sure where it ends at or if it actually sells.). I think someone got lucky on ebay. Hope it was someone worthy of that luck.
Why not factor in forum prices and shave them down much more?

Top end prices only apply to sellers looking to maximize profits. If a game regularly sells for $20 on eBay, but can also go as high as $80, then it's a $20 to a buyer.

slinkyturd

It's a fair assessment, Black Tiger. I'm certainly not advocating these prices and I absolutely never pay these rates despite almost solely shopping on the sites I mentioned. I don't really have an avenue to monitor forum sales. Roughly I shoot for about 2/3 of those rates or as close to that as I possibly can. I'm just saying that those prices exist.
70/95 US Turbochips

NecroPhile

It'll be a cold day in hell when I consider fair and reasonable prices to be BINs that sit for weeks until some impatient collector comes along, and almost every single one has at least one other recent sale within earshot:

Bomberman - $24*
Keith Courage - $1.29, $4.00*, and $4.25*
Legendary Axe II - $20.14* and $20.53
Pac-Land - $10.50*, $10.50, and $13.50*
World Court Tennis - $12.50* and $13.00*
Yo Bro - the next three are all $20 BINs with free shipping (about 20% more expensive overall)

* - includes free shipping, making them similar in total price.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 07/23/2014, 07:13 PM
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 07/22/2014, 07:31 PMThis game is priceless. The final boss is funnier than it should. You approach him, he turns from a scientist to a WRESTLING APE just like you in a badass way, only to die with one single punch.  :lol:
priceless? nice post. This is what gougers look at.

Enjoy $400 game next ebay listing.

Don't tell them what games are the shit, you are just making them more expensive.

This forum is pretty much all hypocrites and contradicts. You all have been exposed.
Exposed? It was never commercially released dumbass, yeah I'm sure it will drive the prices of this free ROM floating the internet to the top! BUMP BOOM BOOM BUMP BUMP BOOM! CYA BUD!!

What a lame, effortless troll. At least you're good for making fun of.

slinkyturd

"fair and reasonable" is definitely something from a buyer's perspective that the prices I quoted don't have. I cannot argue against that. If it were me in particular with the task of selling these, I think it would be prudent to see where each game is at on ebay listings (Buy It Now) right now and then undercut them by a couple of bucks each. I don't see why they wouldn't sell.
70/95 US Turbochips

CrackTiger

Quote from: slinkyturd on 07/24/2014, 08:22 PM"fair and reasonable" is definitely something from a buyer's perspective that the prices I quoted don't have. I cannot argue against that. If it were me in particular with the task of selling these, I think it would be prudent to see where each game is at on ebay listings (Buy It Now) right now and then undercut them by a couple of bucks each. I don't see why they wouldn't sell.
Why look at asking prices at all? If I put up Keith Courage for $10000, does that raise the value somehow?

slinkyturd

Well because if someone were inclined to buy an item now, they will buy the lowest priced one if they are all the same item and in comparable condition. That is why you check the current listings and then undercut them. On the face if you listed a keith courage for 10k, this does not change the market...unless it sells. Highly unlikely but if someone really did complete a transaction for keith courage for 10k it would effect the market. To what degree, I couldn't say.

Regardless of how over priced everyone on here thinks the listings are, that doesn't mean people won't pay it. That's kind of why the market is shifting. It has every bit to do with demand as it does supply. In fact, I'd blame the ones buying the inflated prices more so than the people listing high prices. If one is patient they can find a fair price for these games. Necromancer's quoted prices prove that. Let's face facts though. No one younger than the people who played these systems in their youth has patience to wait to save $3 or $5 or $10 on a retro game especially when they are used to brand new current gen. games costing $60 a pop. Does it cause the market to go up? Absolutely it does. We in the community are forced to bend to the prices set by outsiders and that's frustrating. This really is just business and economics 101 though. Supply is finite on these games. They aren't making any more of them. The only thing causing this market to fluctuate is demand. Every new person starting out collecting TG16 gear is why this is happening. Until that slows or decreases, the sky is the limits on the value these games will have. Short of all of us dieing out or a re-release of these games or a crash in the US dollar, I really would expect the prices we see online to just continue to climb and probably at an accelerating rate.

Take Magical Chase for instance. I came across a forum (not this one) thread for one for sale for $300 about 10 years old. For 2010 I found a few that sold for $800-$900 and now pretty consistently they are going for around $2000. That's not a fluke. That's a trend. On that particular game we are currently looking at a 13.75% increase in value yearly. Next year it'll be going in the neighborhood of $2275 by my estimation, if not more. If I had disposable wealth, I'd honestly be buying up magical chase copies like mad. Can anyone name me an investment right now with an interest rate of 13.75%+/yearly and the security of knowing this market isn't going to change for the worse any time soon? Think about that! The values of these games is stronger than the US dollar right now.

I'm just as unhappy as anyone here is about it, but I chose to try to inform myself about how and why the market is doing what it is doing. I'm still no expert, but just complaining about it is like a rocking chair. It's something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Before anyone accuses me of being a gouger, I'd like to just state, I've never sold or even traded away a Turbo game. In fact, the extras I have are going to be given away. I enjoyed Nulltard's picture competition and I'm trying to come up with a similar kind of competition here which will have my extras as prizes. :)
70/95 US Turbochips

NecroPhile

Why are you coming at this from a sellers perspective of "how much could I hope to sell these for"?  OP wants to buy at a good price, not maximize the seller's profits.

As for investments, Berkshire Hathaway stock has hit 13.xx% over the same time period and 19.7% annualized return since '64.  And that's a real investment that can't easily be stolen or lost in a flood/fire/storm, and you won't lose 10-15% of its value in fees when you sell it.

Bklyn4ever

Quote from: guest on 07/25/2014, 10:34 AMWhy are you coming at this from a sellers perspective of "how much could I hope to sell these for"?  OP wants to buy at a good price, not maximize the seller's profits.

As for investments, Berkshire Hathaway stock has hit 13.xx% over the same time period and 19.7% annualized return since '64.  And that's a real investment that can't easily be stolen or lost in a flood/fire/storm, and you won't lose 10-15% of its value in fees when you sell it.
Yea, however, if you you have an investment broker they take 15% every time you decide to invest more money. I could bet unless one is working in that area, most are not savvy enough to make sound mutual fund/stock purchases on their own.

NecroPhile

You're doing it wrong if you're paying anywhere near 15% every transaction,  but that doesn't matter.  The argument was that Magical Chase is a fantastic investment unmatched by traditional investment vehicles, which I disproved.