12/23/2024: Localization News - Team Innocent

PC-FX Localization for Team Innocent is released, a pre-Christmas gift!! In a twist, it feels like the NEC PC-FX got more attention in 2024 than any other time I can remember! Caveat: The localizers consider the "v0.9" patch a BETA as it still faces technical hurdles to eventually subtitle the FMV scenes, but they consider it very much playable.
github.com/TeamInnocent-EnglishPatchPCFX
x.com/DerekPascarella/PCFXNews
Main Menu

Beyond shadowgate ?

Started by escarioth, 08/08/2014, 11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

escarioth

got myself a turbo duo R :)
i really like the shadowgate series and noticed there's one on Turboduo.
I was very happy to see that until i saw the price !

surely some of you got the game already or tryed it.
i really love point and click genre so is this game worth it ?
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

Dicer

Worth it alone for the death scenes....

I got an advanced burn back in the T.T.I. days and even caught a bug for them.

Excellent game, at least find an iso and enjoy it until you can score the real thing.

bob

See link in my sig below.
Love this game. Nothing like it on teh OBEY.

JoshTurboTrollX

It's always hovering around my top 5 video games of all time,  and either my fav OBEY game or very close to the top!!

It's a terrific blend of creepiness from the original and gameplay similar to some SKUMM classics like Secret of Monkey Island or our very own OBEY classic- LOOM.

:D
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Otaking

Here's a great episode of Turbo Views that reviews the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

CrackTiger

I think it's pretty overrated, but worth playing through once.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

seieienbu

I found it a bit frustrating to play but it's maybe the best looking game on the platform.  I don't think I'd ever pay the going rate for it, though.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

escarioth

Wow thank you for such honnest answer, now i got to find one XD
i guess il try to get some money first , it wont be cheap
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Dicer on 08/08/2014, 11:15 PMI got an advanced burn back in the T.T.I. days and even caught a bug for them.
Will you make me ask? Show us the pics please, bro'.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" at Neo-Geo.com
For a good time reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He too ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I deleted THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

EvilEvoIX

GREAT Game, very reminiscent of my Kings Quest Days.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Dicer

I no longer have it sadly, it got lost on one of my many moves :(

NightWolve

Quote from: escarioth on 08/10/2014, 12:08 PMWow thank you for such honnest answer, now i got to find one XD
i guess il try to get some money first , it wont be cheap
It's not worth what it's selling on eBay thanks to the big-spenders in terms of a quality game, I'll tell ya that... Some people here really love it though. Anyhow, I would go with the ISO rather than bow down to eBay price ranges for it... ;)

Ayce

I really enjoyed Shadowgate on the NES and then playing it on the TG16 I really love the way they made it more interactive but still keeping the same feel of the NES game in tact. They even have a few throwbacks from the original game tossed in for fun... so yes, I think it's worth it.

escarioth

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/10/2014, 06:18 PMIt's not worth what it's selling on eBay thanks to the big-spenders in terms of a quality game, I'll tell ya that... Some people here really love it though. Anyhow, I would go with the ISO rather than bow down to eBay price ranges for it... ;)
aaah well. beyond shadowgate is quite expensive .. and im no good at burning stuff here. ill wait and see :) i might go for iso...unless i find a good deal somewhere here or in cities around.

Is there a good place that explain how to burn Turboduo/pc engine iso the good way ?? i think i recall hearing its not a good idea to do so
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

Dicer

Quote from: escarioth on 08/11/2014, 12:12 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 08/10/2014, 06:18 PMIt's not worth what it's selling on eBay thanks to the big-spenders in terms of a quality game, I'll tell ya that... Some people here really love it though. Anyhow, I would go with the ISO rather than bow down to eBay price ranges for it... ;)
aaah well. beyond shadowgate is quite expensive .. and im no good at burning stuff here. ill wait and see :) i might go for iso...unless i find a good deal somewhere here or in cities around.

Is there a good place that explain how to burn Turboduo/pc engine iso the good way ?? i think i recall hearing its not a good idea to do so
They say a burn wears the drive out faster, but I think the difference is negligible...

rule of thumb always burn slowly as possible.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Dicer on 08/10/2014, 04:42 PMI no longer have it sadly, it got lost on one of my many moves :(
Do you know if there was anything left out of the game?  I could swear there's atleast 1 track that I've never heard ingame, & I don't know if it's for an event that got cut out, or if I'm just missing something.  I've played thru it thousands of times, you'd think I'd discover what the track is for after all these years.  I could swear there's also some items that have no use that I've ever been able to find. :/
IMG

Dicer

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 08/11/2014, 01:52 AM
Quote from: Dicer on 08/10/2014, 04:42 PMI no longer have it sadly, it got lost on one of my many moves :(
Do you know if there was anything left out of the game?  I could swear there's atleast 1 track that I've never heard ingame, & I don't know if it's for an event that got cut out, or if I'm just missing something.  I've played thru it thousands of times, you'd think I'd discover what the track is for after all these years.  I could swear there's also some items that have no use that I've ever been able to find. :/
TBH I played that revision so long ago (you know the 90's) that I honestly cannot recall, and the disc was nothing special, just a burn with the name in sharpie...

I had preview copies of several late era Duo titles, this & Madden (omg those "crowds" ) but yeah things got lost in the shuffle, I can't even locate my Lords of Thunder Promo VHS, sad times.

Nazi NecroPhile

It's well worth your time to play through, but it's hard to justify any game when the price gets up over $100.  No game is worth 10x the game play value of cheap yet great games like Bomberman, Xanadu, etc.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arjak

I've never played it, but I've heard good things about it. I've really wanted to play it, because I'm also a fan of the original game. BTW, did you know that the original developers are currently remaking it (with lots of new content) for modern computers? It looks like it's going to be amazing.

Link: http://www.zojoi.com/

Also, welcome to the forums! Hope you'll stick around and see what else the Turbo/PCE has to offer. :)

Just don't try to suddenly sell your goodies to us at ridiculous prices. Due to past history, that's a stoning offense in these parts! :P
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

escarioth

Quote from: Arjak on 08/11/2014, 06:16 PMJust don't try to suddenly sell your goodies to us at ridiculous prices. Due to past history, that's a stoning offense in these parts! :P
Nah, don't worry :3 i've kept everything for 10 years now. Sadly fell back into retro gaming just 2-3 years ago. i was told to register here since i love turbografx-16 so much... but i got to tell you ...i found about the Cd part only a few months ago .. i was mindblowed. totaly. I went online to get a Turbo duo R from Doujindance right away....and i ordered the Turbo duo and TG16 bibles from Pix'n love.
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

bob

Quote from: Arjak on 08/11/2014, 06:16 PMI've never played it, but I've heard good things about it. I've really wanted to play it, because I'm also a fan of the original game. BTW, did you know that the original developers are currently remaking it (with lots of new content) for modern computers? It looks like it's going to be amazing.

Link: http://www.zojoi.com/
Had no idea about the "remake" (and Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective).  I wish they were getting retail releases.   :cry: