Don Quixote for the Laseractive thoughts..

Started by BigusSchmuck, 09/01/2014, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigusSchmuck

As many of you know, I recently picked up Don Quixote for the Laseractive and just started playing it today. Holy crap, to say this game is SLOW is a understatement! Think a somewhat faster version of Myst with some RPG elements and you nailed it. I will say the enemy animations are nice if you don't mind the brief loading times between animations and such... Anyway, I was fortunate enough to find a FAQ on this game on gamefaqs but it only got me as far as the underground passage to which now I'm stuck on and can't find the damn jade stone which is required to fight the boss in this cave (some help here maybe?) I will try to play this game through but man I'll need about 6 energy drinks to keep myself from snoring while playing it!

TheClash603

Game is very slow.  The good news is you are about 1/10 of the way through the game, so there is a lot more slowness to come.

The jade is near the southeast part of that labrynth.  Conversely, there is Dracula at the northwest, don't fuck with Dracula.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/02/2014, 01:06 AMGame is very slow.  The good news is you are about 1/10 of the way through the game, so there is a lot more slowness to come.

The jade is near the southeast part of that labrynth.  Conversely, there is Dracula at the northwest, don't fuck with Dracula.
Yeah I figured that. Finally got through it, man is it me or is the original Dragon Quest more advanced than this? lol.. Oh well, at least it kinda made me laugh when I had to fight a windmill..

NecroPhile

As mundane as you make it sound, I still wanna play it.  Does that make me a masochist?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2014, 09:58 AMAs mundane as you make it sound, I still wanna play it.  Does that make me a masochist?
No not really. When you do play it, you'll see so many missed opportunities they could have done with it. I did think it was funny I needed a courage crystal in order to fight the windmill. :) The damn thing was terrorizing this fishing town so they couldn't go fishing because of the wind it was blowing. Oh yeah, I managed to kill Dracula after about 30 waters and speared him to death. Didn't give me jack and shit though..

TheClash603

I am pretty sure that you made everyone want to play this game.

If it were faster, it would be good.  The speed of the game is its biggest downfall, loading, short scene, loading, scene you dont want to see, loading, etc.

BigusSchmuck

I will say if you are expecting Don Quixote to sing like in the Man of La Mancha you will be sorely disappointed.

NecroPhile

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 09/11/2014, 12:08 PMIMG

Now I gotta find time to play it.  :mrgreen:
Best of luck to you! Don't play it without a FAQ, the one at gamefaqs helped me quit a bit. That windmill is evil..

Arjak

I love Super Don Quixote! For those not in the know, Super Don Quixote is an overlooked laserdisc arcade game that plays exactly like Dragon's Lair, and while it doesn't have quite the same level of animation as Don Bluth's games (I still think Isabella is hotter than Daphne though), it still has a lot of charm and is definitely worth looking into if you have a liking for these kinds of games. It is truly sad that it was never re-released, because...

Wait, you mean we're talking about a different Don Quixote game on laserdisc?

Oh, well...bye. 8-[
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 09/02/2014, 12:37 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/02/2014, 09:58 AMAs mundane as you make it sound, I still wanna play it.  Does that make me a masochist?
No not really. When you do play it, you'll see so many missed opportunities they could have done with it. I did think it was funny I needed a courage crystal in order to fight the windmill. :) The damn thing was terrorizing this fishing town so they couldn't go fishing because of the wind it was blowing. Oh yeah, I managed to kill Dracula after about 30 waters and speared him to death. Didn't give me jack and shit though..
The very fact that EVIL WINDMILLS and DRACULA are in a Don Quixote game makes me want to play it.

Quote from: Arjak on 09/12/2014, 11:29 PMI love Super Don Quixote! For those not in the know, Super Don Quixote is an overlooked laserdisc arcade game that plays exactly like Dragon's Lair, and while it doesn't have quite the same level of animation as Don Bluth's games (I still think Isabella is hotter than Daphne though), it still has a lot of charm and is definitely worth looking into if you have a liking for these kinds of games. It is truly sad that it was never re-released, because...

Wait, you mean we're talking about a different Don Quixote game on laserdisc?

Oh, well...bye. 8-[
I never knew about this game. Damn.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

xcrement5x

I'd never heard of the other version so I looked it up on Wikipedia and then saw this:

"It was the first and only game released for the Universal System 1, a standardized laser disc video game system. Several other games were planned for this cabinet, but were never released: Adventure in Middle Earth, Adventure Mr. Do!, Time Slip, Circus Circus, Space Dracula, and Wilderness Kingdom"

SPACE DRACULA?! That sounds awesome and ridiculous at the same time!!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/13/2014, 03:25 PMI'd never heard of the other version so I looked it up on Wikipedia and then saw this:

"It was the first and only game released for the Universal System 1, a standardized laser disc video game system. Several other games were planned for this cabinet, but were never released: Adventure in Middle Earth, Adventure Mr. Do!, Time Slip, Circus Circus, Space Dracula, and Wilderness Kingdom"

Agreed. Space Dracula.  :pcgs:

Arjak

Quote from: guest on 09/13/2014, 03:25 PMI'd never heard of the other version so I looked it up on Wikipedia and then saw this:

Holy shit, ANOTHER Don Quixote/Dracula connection! I sense some kind of conspiracy!

Seriously though, I'm a little depressed that I will never get the chance to play Space Dracula. The concept has so much promise...well, more promise than my idea, Space Hamlet.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

esteban

Quote from: Arjak on 09/13/2014, 07:53 PM

Holy shit, ANOTHER Don Quixote/Dracula connection! I sense some kind of conspiracy!

Seriously though, I'm a little depressed that I will never get the chance to play Space Dracula. The concept has so much promise...well, more promise than my idea, Space Hamlet.
Space Hamlet and Eggs.

TheClash603

xcrement5x

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

TheClash603

esteban

NecroPhile

Quote from: Nulltard on 09/17/2014, 01:39 AMtangent/non-sequiter: Hamlet 2 the movie is the only thing I can phantom being as awesome as Space Dracula.
Almost as good as The Fathom of the Opera.