10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/13/2015, 06:19 PM"An RPG that's technically not a Super CD-ROM2" should be enough of a hint, as I'm pretty sure there's only one such game; and I don't mean it's a CD-ROM2 or Arcade CD-ROM-ROM2.
The re-release of Tengai Makyou?

Ziria, whatever.

I never played too much of the first one.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sarumaru

Oh.. High Leg Fantasy?

pulstar

Quote from: esteban on 01/13/2015, 06:40 PMThe re-release of Tengai Makyou?

Ziria, whatever.

I never played too much of the first one.
I thought this when the clue was first mentioned, but the ostrich looks too...big to fit in with the rest of the game and art style.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

NecroPhile

Quote from: Sarumaru on 01/13/2015, 07:10 PMOh.. High Leg Fantasy?
Yep.  It's the only RPG I know of that requires a Super CD system (Duo, LA, or Super-CD add-on) but isn't really a Super CD game, as the rest of the GE disc games are all pervy mahjong / dating sims.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

So that means, Sarumaru, That you need to post the next pic that will try and stump the gang.

NecroPhile

Sarumaru

Bah! this got buried in my posts. How do I see updates on posts I've participated in? Anyway, gimme a min and I'll grab a screencap.

Sarumaru

Sarumaru

Dicer

NecroPhile

The Adventures of Henry McBlurry?

Rastan Saga II?

Arkhan Asylum

Shadow of the Beast?

I can't tell because it's blurrier than a fucking C64 game.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 01/22/2015, 05:08 PMShadow of the Beast?

I can't tell because it's blurrier than a fucking C64 game.
C=64 games aren't blurry, they are chunky...

esteban

Tatsujin

I watched at it and was all like "hell where are my glasses". so put them on and still the same shit..lol
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

spenoza

If that's a screen shot from an emulator, you might want to turn off filtering so it's raw, jaggedy pixels.

That said, I'm gonna guess Daimakaimura.

pulstar

ccovell

Hint: it's got great music.

esteban

Sarumaru

Sorry guys, it wasn't any of those. Here's a better picture...

IMG

Sarumaru

CrackTiger

Hihou Densetsu Kris No Bouken / 秘宝伝説 クリスの冒険
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Sarumaru

Quote from: guest on 01/25/2015, 07:32 PMHihou Densetsu Kris No Bouken / 秘宝伝説 クリスの冒険
PON-PON! That is correct and now it's your turn~

esteban

Jesus Christ. I beat that game.

I WAS CONVINCED SARU HAD GONE WITH SOME RANDOM RPG.

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

PukeSter

ccovell

CrackTiger

pulstar

Dicer

Darius something or other, looks and smell like Darius, but my heart isn't in it...

jtucci31

NecroPhile

Sarumaru

CrackTiger

The pixel art style does look like Super Darius /Plus in that first pic, but no one has guessed correctly so far.

Here's more:

IMG

deubeul

CrackTiger

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2015, 10:47 AM
Quote from: deubeul on 01/28/2015, 07:02 AMDaisenryaku 2??
Yup.
Why did I buy a GBA version of Daisenryaku back in the day? Who was I fooling?

Oh, I hope I'll have a chance with the next challenge deubeul posts. :)

deubeul

Let's see  :wink:

Next image:

/302185SSQ1.jpg

PukeSter

ccovell

esteban

Kiaidan 00?

blueraven

deubeul

No correct guesses yet.

Tip: It's not an action game. Nor an RPG.

Sarumaru

Looks like something from an NCS/Masaya game.... or Telenet/Riot shits~

blueraven

esteban

HailingTheThings

IMG

NecroPhile

One of the peeps you beat down in Yuna?

deubeul

Nope.

The truth is elsewhere... think different...

Whole image:

/mini_675748SSQ.jpg

Dicer

I know but I'm not saying, all I will say is it's not a "real" release...