The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

WTB - Riot Zone

Started by reno5, 01/15/2015, 07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reno5

Anyone with a complete copy of Riot Zone ?

Thanks

roflmao

I haven't checked recently, but when I wanted to add Riot Zone to my library a couple of years ago, I ended up picking up Crest of Wolf, the PCE version, instead because it was so much cheaper.

reno5

Riot Zone was around 30-35$ in 2013 but something happened on ebay. It is now 95$ + !!!

Keith Courage

that's only because people are asking enormous amounts for things that shouldn't cost that much.

if you happen to come across an auction on eBay for it instead of a buy it now you should be able to get it for much less.

CPTRAVE

I bought it from Ebay earlier this year sealed for $25.00, I played it once  since and passed the game

reno5

Quote from: CPTRAVE on 01/19/2015, 01:41 PMI bought it from Ebay earlier this year sealed for $25.00, I played it once  since and passed the game
If you fell like selling it, let me know ;)

Ayce

Quote from: CPTRAVE on 01/19/2015, 01:41 PMI bought it from Ebay earlier this year sealed for $25.00, I played it once  since and passed the game
Yeah it really was a quite easy game. I was actually quite disappointed in it... I expected better.

Mzo

Riot Zone is like if Final Fight was melting and everyone had a severe disability that made walking very difficult.

I played the arcade game a bit ago and I'm kind of surprised by how different the style of the game is in general.  A lot of nice touches were added to the TGCD one, including my favorite thing: stabbing into the posters.  Fuck bricks!

Some weapons would be nice.  The lack of variety makes it a fairly boring game, unfortunately =/

Westone!  I will always love you ._.
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

esteban

I remember watching this on the VHS preview tape back in the day...it looked so damn kool. This is one of those games that is perfect to tease with (screenshots, videos) even though the game is actually tedious.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Ayce

Besides the lack of variety in attacks I was also disappointed in the very boring and drab backgrounds.

Mzo

Those walking cycles are so ridiculous.  Someone looked at those and said yes, done, good, let's go with that.
My Backloggery

NecroPhile

You Riot Zone haters can kiss my shiny metal ass!  :|
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sadler

Quote from: guest on 01/21/2015, 05:32 PMYou Riot Zone haters can kiss my shiny metal ass!  :|
Agreed. I can't believe people fellate Splatterhouse while hating on Riot Zone (for the sake of argument, I'm assuming all the people that love Splatterhouse are the exact same people who hate Riot Zone).

Mzo

Hey, I like it, too!  Played it through many times, even shown friends and we've all enjoyed it.

You know it's funny, though.  Look at it.
My Backloggery

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/21/2015, 06:08 PM
Quote from: Sadler on 01/21/2015, 05:57 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/21/2015, 05:32 PMYou Riot Zone haters can kiss my shiny metal ass!  :|
Agreed. I can't believe people fellate Splatterhouse while hating on Riot Zone (for the sake of argument, I'm assuming all the people that love Splatterhouse are the exact same people who hate Riot Zone).
I like RZ more than Splatterhouse.  I want to like both games more than I do, though.
Splatterhouse is superior to Riot Xone.

Sadler

Alright, alright, fair enough! :) I think I came from the exact opposite side of things. I remember reading reviews BITD that were pretty negative for Riot Zone. I never picked it up back then, I only got it maybe 5 years ago and I was pretty impressed! It was way better than I expected! I do wish it was 2 player though.

EDIT: Riot Zone is superior to Blodia.

johnnykonami

I really like Riot Zone and one of the reasons I joined the site years ago before I started seriously posting was to follow up on the TZD stock thread or whatever to re-buy it.  Of course the info was outdated at that time and I missed out.

I think the music is especially amazing in that game.  It's this weird proto-jazz-fusion-rock stuff that could have only come from Japan in the 90's.  In particular I love the boss music (I can't remember if there is different boss music right now, if so I am talking about the level 1 boss) and the name entry screen.

One thing that always irked me though was Tony (Was that the red guy? or was it Hawk?) had the most embarrassing walk cycle that looked like some kind of weird reverse-moonwalk march for lack of a better description.  But overall I would love to get another copy one day.  Still have the music ripped on my HDD from years ago.

Missed out on Theron's Quest from that thread also, another game I used to have.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/21/2015, 07:08 PMSplatterhouse gets points for slightly more attack variety and level design.... and creativity... and... stuff. But Riot Zone was more fun for me personally because I suck at games and it was nice to feel like I was good at a game.
Heck no. Splatterhouse is so much more fun to play. Riot Zone is tedious.

CPTRAVE

Quote from: Sadler on 01/21/2015, 06:33 PMAlright, alright, fair enough! :) I think I came from the exact opposite side of things. I remember reading reviews BITD that were pretty negative for Riot Zone. I never picked it up back then, I only got it maybe 5 years ago and I was pretty impressed! It was way better than I expected! I do wish it was 2 player though.

EDIT: Riot Zone is superior to Blodia.
I agree, not having a two player option totally bummed me out. But it was still a good game.

esteban

All I can say is—Blodia is better than Crest of Wolf.

Timeball is better than Riot Zone.

IMG

NOTE: Nulltard's entire left boob can be seen in the illustration. Nipple is prominent.

Sadler

Quote from: guest on 01/21/2015, 08:47 PMquiz: did the black guy sprite in crest of wolf walk like a polio addled nincompoop? I really dont know.... please educate me.
Pop and lock!

reno5

Now if someone have one to sell so that i can play it for the first time :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: reno5 on 01/22/2015, 07:40 AMNow if someone have one to sell so that i can play it for the first time :)
Heh, sorry we derailed your wtb thread.  I wish I had an extra one to send ya, so you could see for yourself that it's better than some of these guys are making it out to be.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Psycho Punch

I might burn a copy of Riot Zone overwriting the intro music with the voiced intro track someday to show to my friends... If you compare it with other turbo games it's not hard to believe that Nulltard's voice overs are real. :lol:
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

reno5

Quote from: guest on 01/22/2015, 11:07 AM
Quote from: reno5 on 01/22/2015, 07:40 AMNow if someone have one to sell so that i can play it for the first time :)
Heh, sorry we derailed your wtb thread.  I wish I had an extra one to send ya, so you could see for yourself that it's better than some of these guys are making it out to be.  :mrgreen:
No problems :wink: My thread stick to the top  :mrgreen:

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/22/2015, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I wasn't saying it's the worst game. I was just pointing out that Nulltard is silly for thinking Riot Zone is better than Splatterhouse.

THIS THREAD HAS INSPIRED ME TO PLAY RIOT ZONE!

So, that's a good thing for the Riot-Zone-Lovers and just a big, fat TEASE for reno5, who just wants to play the damn game.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/22/2015, 04:48 PMEste, count the number of times you shout expletives while playing each game.  Splatterhouse wins in that metric.

But if you compare the games based on number of times you hear "twister!", Riot Zone wins big time.
I always referred to Riot Zone as the abbreviated RiZo which became "rhizome".

Rye. Zo.

Rye. Zome.

Blodia wins.

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 01/22/2015, 04:48 PMEste, count the number of times you shout expletives while playing each game.  Splatterhouse wins in that metric.

But if you compare the games based on number of times you hear "twister!", Riot Zone wins big time.
Haha, I forgot about that.  What was the other special move?  Some kind of breakdance thing, right?  Ah, memories.  If only I could slap my 1993 or 1994 self to stop me from having sold it!

Keith Courage

I enjoy this game for what it is. Too bad no one has figured out how to make a patch that would enable a 2 player co-op mode.

clackattack

Quote from: Keith Courage on 01/25/2015, 04:43 PMI enjoy this game for what it is. Too bad no one has figured out how to make a patch that would enable a 2 player co-op mode.
X2 on that subject, this game was begging for a 2-player option! May have stood a fighting chance at being compared to a double dragon title
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]