RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Rare Turbo auctions

Started by YANDMAN, 03/17/2015, 05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YANDMAN

I wondered if these were sold by anyone here or if anyone bought any of them, I tried on all but failed.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

TurboGrafx

They look cool, but I had a hard time bidding on these without 100% knowing that they are real. Especially with the first production unit and team veteran items.

NecroPhile

Interesting stuff, but none of it is worth anywhere near those prices to me.  The display card thingy is waaay too pricey (I bought just the cards a few years back for like $20), the system and Keith need provenance to really be worth anything, and the jacket is simply too ugly to want.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/17/2015, 09:27 AMInteresting stuff, but none of it is worth anywhere near those prices to me.  The display card thingy is waaay too pricey (I bought just the cards a few years back for like $20), the system and Keith need provenance to really be worth anything, and the jacket is simply too ugly to want.
Yeah, the jacket is ugly. Such a shame.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

dallaspattern

cr8zykuban0

they do look pretty cool but are they worth the price?

ParanoiaDragon

I'm trying to figure out what makes the jacket look so bad.  Is it the high gloss?  Maybe if it were black it'd look better?  Even with the connection I had to TTI BITD, it doesn't look familiar, though, it's not like I worked there or anything, so it could be legit for all I know.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 03/19/2015, 04:30 AMI'm trying to figure out what makes the jacket look so bad.
It might've been cool for a few months in the early 90's, but no satin jacket has ever really looked good, especially not in pearl white with wide not-quite-matching-white elastic waist/cuffs/collar.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Paddyfitz18

That display card set up caught my eye.  I like stuff like that, related to the original marketing campaign for the TG-16.  But yeah that price is too high.

Not as rare perhaps, but did you see that pair of hot pink neon TG-16 video game gloves put up recently?  Those are stylin'

esteban

Quote from: Paddyfitz18 on 03/19/2015, 11:53 AMThat display card set up caught my eye.  I like stuff like that, related to the original marketing campaign for the TG-16.  But yeah that price is too high.

Not as rare perhaps, but did you see that pair of hot pink neon TG-16 video game gloves put up recently?  Those are stylin'
I want a pair of spandex TG-16 gloves!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

shonenx

Quote from: esteban on 03/19/2015, 04:25 PM
Quote from: Paddyfitz18 on 03/19/2015, 11:53 AMThat display card set up caught my eye.  I like stuff like that, related to the original marketing campaign for the TG-16.  But yeah that price is too high.

I want a pair of spandex TG-16 gloves!
I second that !
You're Already Dead !!!