@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Ripped graphics from games

Started by ccovell, 09/08/2015, 11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccovell

Hey, folks.  I didn't want to flood the original topic with just pictures, so I'm opening this one up.

I've made a PCE debugger/monitor program and one of its features is PCX screengrabs from the actual hardware.

So here are some actual screendumps:

IMG

IMG IMG

IMG IMG IMG

IMG IMG
--
IMG IMG

IMG
--
IMG IMG
IMG

IMG IMG IMG

Another famous screen:

IMG

2021 Additions ( https://twitter.com/covell_chris/status/1442101687041155075 ):

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

These're sooo cool.  Thanks, man.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SuperPlay

fsa

Looking for TG16 games I don't have already.

NecroPhile

Time to rip those babbette nip pics!  Set the nipples free!!!  :mrgreen:

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

johnnykonami

Psycho Punch

Man I need an everdrive like pronto. Can't wait to toy around with PCEMon.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

ccovell

Quote from: guest on 09/08/2015, 07:28 PMMan I need an everdrive like pronto. Can't wait to toy around with PCEMon.
Or you can burn one of the included ISOs to a CDR and let me know if it works for you.

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 09/08/2015, 04:59 PMTime to rip those babbette nip pics!  Set the nipples free!!!  :mrgreen:
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/08/2015, 08:45 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/08/2015, 04:59 PMTime to rip those babbette nip pics!  Set the nipples free!!!  :mrgreen:
IMG
That's just a tease yo!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2015, 01:54 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/08/2015, 08:45 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/08/2015, 04:59 PMTime to rip those babbette nip pics!  Set the nipples free!!!  :mrgreen:
IMG
That's just a tease yo!
I have the whole image (captured from magic engine many years ago and not Chris' excellent tool) but I didn't want to sully the family friendliness of the board (or break any rules, either!)  It's from my US copy of CF2, which is censored anyway by little steam clouds.  Not sure if the original Japanese version has those or not.  Anybody who wants the rest can PM and I'll send it if you want.

NecroPhile

Only the Visual Collection has uncensored Babbette tittehs (and easy access to Saya bathing scenes from CF1).  If anyone really wants to see 'em, head on over to the Bros. Duomazov.  :mrgreen:

Psycho Punch

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/09/2015, 03:18 PMOnly the Visual Collection has uncensored Babbette tittehs (and easy access to Saya bathing scenes from CF1).  If anyone really wants to see 'em, head on over to the Bros. Duomazov.  :mrgreen:
Online traffic for Brothers Duomazov might peak today.  :lol:

Quote from: ccovell on 09/08/2015, 08:29 PM
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 09/08/2015, 07:28 PMMan I need an everdrive like pronto. Can't wait to toy around with PCEMon.
Or you can burn one of the included ISOs to a CDR and let me know if it works for you.
I saw the image but I really didn't thought much about it. I was thinking that it was only of use for BRAM dumping, didn't knew you could load the monitor on memory and switch to a retail disc (that's what I assume how it works?).
Will try as soon as I figure out how am I going to do the cable.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2015, 03:18 PMOnly the Visual Collection has uncensored Babbette tittehs (and easy access to Saya bathing scenes from CF1).  If anyone really wants to see 'em, head on over to the Bros. Duomazov.  :mrgreen:

thebrothersduomazov.com/2009/07/cosmic-fantasy-visual-collection.html
Quote from: TheBrothersDuomazovIf you want to watch cinemas from episodes 3, 4-1, and 4-2 via PCE CD, your only recourse is to purchase the respective games. I'm sure Telenet planned to release another installment featuring scenes from subsequent chapters; but, of course, they never did.

Nonetheless, there actually is one good reason to acquire this disc: It contains a redone Rim shower scene.

Yes, the mist that shrouded Rim's glorious flesh in CF2 has been done away with. Since you and I both know you're curious, here's a comparison, with the game version on the left and the brilliant Visual Collection masterportrait on the right:

New to me!  I've never messed with the visual collection.  Kinda ruins the mystique a little, no ?

NecroPhile

Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/09/2015, 03:32 PMNew to me!  I've never messed with the visual collection.  Kinda ruins the mystique a little, no?
Definitely.  It's only good for quick viewing of the cinemas after you've beaten the game or if you'll never play it (in which case you suck).

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2015, 03:47 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/09/2015, 03:32 PMNew to me!  I've never messed with the visual collection.  Kinda ruins the mystique a little, no?
Definitely.  It's only good for quick viewing of the cinemas after you've beaten the game or if you'll never play it (in which case you suck).
I have indeed played through it, one of the games I still have from my original library.  For some reason, I even kept the outer box to CF2 even though I'm not an outer box kinda guy.  I always wanted to check out CF3 and CF4, but to be honest, I always thought the RPG combat in CF2 was a little on the simplistic side.  Between the language barrier and maybe not looking forward to more repetitive battles, I never got around to it.  Don't get me wrong, I loved CF2 - The cinemas, characters, music, that Working Designs dubbing... but the battle system I remember just being a slogfest to get through.  I already have limited patience for old school RPGs, though (even though I like quite a few of the more special ones.)

CrackTiger

Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/09/2015, 04:08 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/09/2015, 03:47 PM
I have indeed played through it, one of the games I still have from my original library.  For some reason, I even kept the outer box to CF2 even though I'm not an outer box kinda guy.  I always wanted to check out CF3 and CF4, but to be honest, I always thought the RPG combat in CF2 was a little on the simplistic side.  Between the language barrier and maybe not looking forward to more repetitive battles, I never got around to it.  Don't get me wrong, I loved CF2 - The cinemas, characters, music, that Working Designs dubbing... but the battle system I remember just being a slogfest to get through.  I already have limited patience for old school RPGs, though (even though I like quite a few of the more special ones.)
CF3 and CF4s are not the same style RPGs as CF2. But they are still in Japanese.

The Valis and Cosmic Fantasy visual sets include new and altered scenes.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2015, 04:24 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/09/2015, 03:47 PM
CF3 and CF4s are not the same style RPGs as CF2. But they are still in Japanese.

That's good to know.  They're still on the list to try.  I have a little Japanese under my belt so that's never really stopped me before.  I'd say from screenshots they still kinda look like they are in that Dragon Quest style format, what would you say is different style wise?  Just out of curiosity, I mean.

ccovell

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2015, 03:28 PMI saw the image but I really didn't thought much about it. I was thinking that it was only of use for BRAM dumping, didn't knew you could load the monitor on memory and switch to a retail disc (that's what I assume how it works?).
Will try as soon as I figure out how am I going to do the cable.
Yes, the copy of PCEmon on CD probably won't work for dumping/freezing other CD games, since you'd need the syscard to be hacked.  You _could_ try loading PCEmon from CD, loading ROM PCEmon into CD-RAM $80-$86, maybe put a hacked syscard bank 0 into CD-RAM bank $87, map that into MPR7, and try jumping to it... hopefully non-Super-CD games won't touch what's mapped through MPR7.  That's one way to alter the Syscard without an Everdrive... run it from SCD-RAM.

CrackTiger

Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/09/2015, 04:57 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 09/09/2015, 04:24 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/09/2015, 03:47 PM

That's good to know.  They're still on the list to try.  I have a little Japanese under my belt so that's never really stopped me before.  I'd say from screenshots they still kinda look like they are in that Dragon Quest style format, what would you say is different style wise?  Just out of curiosity, I mean.
Even though CF3 is the most similar to CF2, it doesn't really have an overworld. It's pretty much just one open world city/dungeon. The battles are much more enjoyable and the enemies and portraits are very nicely done, but the enemies are cartoony/comical. Still lots of battles, but they move smoothly and are typically short.

The CF4 games are almost like a different series from a game standpoint. They're made to feel modern for the time and have top quality visuals all-round. Chapter 1 stars the cast of CF1 and Chapter 2 the cast of CF2. Chapter 1 is full of Mode 7 effects, Chapter 2 features more art than pixelization. Both CF4 games feature digicomic-style segments, more typical JRPG soundtracks and battle background art.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

esteban

If anyone wants to grab the ending scene from Valis II (it is a simple, but nearly full-screen scroll)....

...and any other graphics you find along the way...

:)

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2015, 11:26 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/09/2015, 04:57 PMThat's good to know.  They're still on the list to try.  I have a little Japanese under my belt so that's never really stopped me before.  I'd say from screenshots they still kinda look like they are in that Dragon Quest style format, what would you say is different style wise ?  Just out of curiosity, I mean.
Even though CF3 is the most similar to CF2, it doesn't really have an overworld. It's pretty much just one open world city/dungeon. The battles are much more enjoyable and the enemies and portraits are very nicely done, but the enemies are cartoony/comical. Still lots of battles, but they move smoothly and are typically short.

The CF4 games are almost like a different series from a game standpoint. They're made to feel modern for the time and have top quality visuals all-round. Chapter 1 stars the cast of CF1 and Chapter 2 the cast of CF2. Chapter 1 is full of Mode 7 effects, Chapter 2 features more art than pixelization. Both CF4 games feature digicomic-style segments, more typical JRPG soundtracks and battle background art.
Thanks for the little writeup!  Definitely wanna check out CF4 even more now.

ccovell

1st post updated with jungfrau Valis

esteban

I absolutely love these two images:

IMG
IMG

That landscape, with the sword, and the music playing at the end of Valis II....very classy.

ALSO: to think that, until now, I have only seen these images scrolling, and never as complete static compositions, is crazy.

Thank you.

TurboXray

shonenx

Dude these are so awesome! That sweeping shot from Ys is what made me buy a TG-16 CD attachment when I was a kid. Any more rips from the Valis series would be welcomed.
You're Already Dead !!!

spenoza

As always, we must keep in mind that these looked very different on a TV, what with the non-square aspect ratio and the color bleed. Might have made some of them even more attractive. It doesn't look like many of those big stills make good use of palettes as they're low on distinct colors, something a TV might help to mask.

NightWolve

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 09/15/2015, 10:01 PMAs always, we must keep in mind that these looked very different on a TV, what with the non-square aspect ratio and the color bleed. Might have made some of them even more attractive. It doesn't look like many of those big stills make good use of palettes as they're low on distinct colors, something a TV might help to mask.
There are few of us who don't know what (at least) most of these look like through real hardware on a crt.

ccovell

1st post updated with 1 picture.

nopepper

Quote from: esteban on 09/11/2015, 12:14 PMI absolutely love these two images:

IMG
IMG

That landscape, with the sword, and the music playing at the end of Valis II....very classy.

ALSO: to think that, until now, I have only seen these images scrolling, and never as complete static compositions, is crazy.

Thank you.
I want to print and frame that last image to hang it on my game room.

NecroPhile

Quote from: ccovell on 09/21/2015, 10:13 AM1st post updated with 1 picture.

IMG
Nice one.  I wish more games were that creative with their syscard error screens.

Sadler

This thread is completely awesome, thanks for sharing these! :D Any chance we can see what the game select screen on the GoT 4-1 looks like?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2015, 03:18 PMOnly the Visual Collection has uncensored Babbette tittehs (and easy access to Saya bathing scenes from CF1).  If anyone really wants to see 'em, head on over to the Bros. Duomazov.  :mrgreen:
Wasn't there a code in CF3 where she's giving you the finger too?
--DragonmasterDan

CrackTiger

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 09/23/2015, 01:41 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/09/2015, 03:18 PMOnly the Visual Collection has uncensored Babbette tittehs (and easy access to Saya bathing scenes from CF1).  If anyone really wants to see 'em, head on over to the Bros. Duomazov.  :mrgreen:
Wasn't there a code in CF3 where she's giving you the finger too?
There's also full nudity.

NecroPhile

I don't know about CF3, but Babbette flips the bird in CF2.  'Twas removed by WD, but it's in the PCE version.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 09/23/2015, 01:42 PMThere's also full nudity.
I recall that vaguely as well.
--DragonmasterDan

roflmao

This thread is the bees knees!

Groover

Thanks for sharing I love the art from this system.
IMG

ccovell

One more from near the end of NEXZR:

IMG

CrackTiger

This thread should be stickied.

esteban