I Love Yous Guys...

Started by T2KFreeker, 01/07/2016, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T2KFreeker

...in a let's go see strippers and compare Turbob collections kind of way. Just thought it would be a change of pace from the norm of what all's happening here and instead of a negative thread, a positive one. Voila! This is, by far, the coolest retro community on the web. I have never seen so many cool people in one spot that treats people with respect and so giving. I just wanted to say Thanks for letting me kick it and putting up with my...erm, wild mood swings, as it were. Yous Guys Rock!
END OF LINE.

grolt

Imagine us all at the rippers and instead of inserting a nice crisp $10 into a lady's garter we're slipping in a minty Keith Courage huey (or Fantasy Zone if you're nasty), or making it rain with TV Sports Basketball hueys.  We need to make this happen.

I want to echo your love though - a fun and clever batch of posters here, I've really appreciated you all welcoming me here this past year.  It has been great going through my Turbob journey with you all; you've been an invaluable resource, both in terms of knowledge and trades/sales, but also just for the fun camaraderie in the GOTW threads and elsewhere.  You guys are the best.

Mike aka the sex machine
I'm a notorious strange man.

ccovell

Naah, I think we have enough unused TTI coupons to stuff garters with, amirite?

Gredler

Take this to fighting street, please. The game related forums are for asking prices of games and talking shit to each other.

wilykat

Yet the other thread are still on this subforum.  11 pages of flaming a nOOb who asked for price check.  Price check is what you do at grocery store, not on this forum. :D

Vimtoman

ClodBusted

majors

TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Groover

I really love you guys to. This is a great place here to chat about video games and TurboGrafx16. It is one thing for someone to know retro games it is another to know Turbo stuff.  This is a great community. I enjoy checking it daily. Thanks to this community for making this place so speical.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 01/07/2016, 07:26 PM... instead of a negative thread, a positive one. Voila!
Go fuck yourself.  :twisted:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

technozombie

NecroPhile

Perfect reply, techno.  You win the thread.  :lol:

technozombie

Quote from: guest on 01/08/2016, 03:59 PMPerfect reply, techno.  You win the thread. 
Does I win one of deez

IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

T2KFreeker

Quote from: esteban on 01/08/2016, 04:54 PMI love INFOSOC.
I was going to say. Between the Information Society and then Necro's response, just groovy, guys!
END OF LINE.

Sparky

Ya some good peeps on here still, the only forum i spend my time on. (( rough naked hug))

roflmao

Y'all are the best.

And if you haven't heard INSOC's latest album, _hello world, go load up Spotify right now and give it a listen.  It's fantastic.

GohanX

I love you too Freek, let's go find some whores!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2016, 12:01 AMY'all are the best.

And if you haven't heard INSOC's latest album, _hello world, go load up Spotify right now and give it a listen.  It's fantastic.
I didn't know they still existed. Damn.

T2KFreeker

Quote from: GohanX on 01/09/2016, 01:23 PMI love you too Freek, let's go find some whores!
LOL
END OF LINE.

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 01/09/2016, 02:26 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/09/2016, 12:01 AMY'all are the best.

I didn't know they still existed. Damn.
They've had a pretty crazy history.

After Peace & Love, Inc. they essentially broke up but in '97 Kurt released a solo album under the name InSoc, "Don't Be Afraid." It's very dark and moody and lovely. Also, if you've played Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, some of the soundtrack in-game will sound familiar because Kurt was the main music guy for that game and used bits of this album.

Then in '07 the other two original guys got together and created a new InSoc album and hired someone who sounds *just like Kurt* to do vocals, "Synthesizer." It's awesome and sounds much more like their first three albums. They must have resolved whatever issues they had because Kurt did vocals on one of the tracks.

After that they toured some (releasing a live DVD, "It is Useless to Resist Us") and then last year released "_hello world," which is unbelievably awesome. They have another album coming out in March, but I think it's mostly covers and older material re-recorded.  I'll get it.  I've always been nuts for these guys.  :mrgreen:

majors

I've been hunting down a copy of the CG+G version of InSocs' self titled first album for a while and finally managed to pick one up a the end of 2015. I guess you can say it was...on my mind.
TG/PCE Collection.

esteban

Quote from: majors on 01/11/2016, 08:47 AMI've been hunting down a copy of the CG+G version of InSocs' self titled first album for a while and finally managed to pick one up a the end of 2015. I guess you can say it was...on my mind.
I have that! It follows a formula that would be later used on POP-UP VIDEO (VH1 series).

I think INFOSOC makes good use of CD+G (I wish there were even more bits of trivia, of course),

I thought most CD+G would simply be "approximating music videos" (ha! ...more like a PowerPoint slideshow)...so I appreciated any attempt to go beyond this.

I have never been able to find the damn ALPHAVILLE or TALKING HEADS CD+ G.

Please tell me you have them, hate them, and will sell the to me.

:)

I wish I was joking.

johnnykonami

Quote from: majors on 01/11/2016, 08:47 AMI've been hunting down a copy of the CG+G version of InSocs' self titled first album for a while and finally managed to pick one up a the end of 2015. I guess you can say it was...on my mind.
I had no idea there was a full album, I don't remember ever seeing them sold.  My buddy and I got a lot of mileage out of the Sega CD CD+G sampler though, and the Information Society song was definitely a favorite.  I will have to look into this!  It was difficult to track down though?  Expensive?

roflmao

I have the InSoc CD+G as well. I picked it up less than a year ago off ebay for $4 shipped, so I'd say it's pretty cheap. It can be seen on YouTube for anyone that wants to check it out. InSoc even shared the youtube link on their fb page awhile ago, so apparently they're cool with it being out there.

I also have the Rock Paintings CD+G which is a compilation that contains everything the Turbografx CD+G sampler has plus a second disc of music (with TMBG!). I used my DVD recorder to make an MP4 of the CD+G disc. If anyone is interested in seeing it, shoot me a PM. There are bits of it on youtube, but not the entire thing.

majors

Quote from: esteban on 01/11/2016, 06:53 PM...I have never been able to find the damn ALPHAVILLE or TALKING HEADS CD+ G.

Please tell me you have them, hate them, and will sell the to me.
Have Alphaville: Breathtaking Blue and love it, so you're on your own for that one but it's cheap when you find it. No Talking heads, but I might have to start looking. I've got the Jimmy Hendrix and Fleetwood Mac (it was a buck) CG+G's also. I really want the Holst: Planets CD.

Quote from: johnnykonami on 01/11/2016, 09:07 PM[talking about InSoc album]  ...It was difficult to track down though?  Expensive?
I visit used stores, so I just had it on my short list to always look for. Gave me a goal when I went shopping. I did not want to just go the easy route and buy it on-line...like some punk scrubs that like to laugh out loud. But like he said, <$5 pickup.
TG/PCE Collection.

NecroPhile

I've got the Turbob cd+g demo disc and the Hendrix and Chris Isaak cd+g's.  They tend to be cheap, but the hard part is separating them from the normal versions when many ebay sellers use low quality or stock photos, making it hard to tell exactly which pressing you're buying.

geise

Heh, I still have mine as well.  Those have some mighty graphics to go with the music. :lol:

T2KFreeker

I have the Billy Idol Cyberpunk CD=G disc. Not too shabby for what it is. Never did get the Turbo one though. Perhaps it's time to go hunting then.
END OF LINE.

NightWolve

I love most of you guys as well. Most, not all, well, some of yous... :)

esteban

Scillianaire

I couldnt agree more about this community! I love neo geo but man people into that stuff are so exclusive i feel very welcome here!

roflmao

Quote from: majors on 01/13/2016, 08:57 AMI visit used stores, so I just had it on my short list to always look for. Gave me a goal when I went shopping. I did not want to just go the easy route and buy it on-line...like some punk scrubs that like to laugh out loud. But like he said, <$5 pickup.
I have that disorder where the moment I walk into a used CD store I no longer remember *any* of the CDs I want to buy. So I set up a search in ebay to shoot me an email when one came up for the price I wanted to pay. :P