RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

HuCard/TurboChip 3D Printed Cases - CLOSED

Started by PCEngineFX, 02/28/2015, 05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinizar

Sounds good, I will check back now and then or if he messages me hopefully it will pop up in my email.

PCEngineFX

Heya everyone - this is the LAST CALL I'm taking for HuCard cases for 2015.  If you want them, you have until this FRIDAY 11/20 to order what you want.  As before, please PM me your order.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

Last of the cases going out for 2015.....

3DCases2015.jpg
IMG
IMG

Medic_wheat

Warbucks

QuoteDo you plan to make more for 2016?
What he said

johnnykonami

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 12/02/2015, 04:20 PMLast of the cases going out for 2015.....
These look nice, I'd like to buy some in the future and give some of my loose games homes.

sn0zc0r3

Just got mine yesterday and I couldn't be happier with them.

Thanks!

PCEngineFX

Quote from: Warbucks on 12/02/2015, 06:09 PM
QuoteDo you plan to make more for 2016?
What he said
Oh yes, I plan on continuing to offer them in 2016 - I'm going to be on vacation starting the 16th, so that's why I closed orders for the rest of the year.
IMG
IMG

IrishNinja

aw, so awesome to see this finally took off!  and it's probably a good thing orders are done for now, i've got to pay down holiday stuff & sort out how many i'd need, haha
Cuttin' hangtabs since christmas '86
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

Orders have now re-opened for 2016!  As before, please PM me with your order.
IMG
IMG

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

PCEngineFX

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/10/2016, 12:24 AMHi Aaron, any more Blue and White to be offered?
I stopped offering the other colors, but sure - just send me your order details and I'll make it happen.
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

Don from Starr Mazer TV was kind enough to do a show & tell about my 3D printed HuCard cases recently in his live Twitch show on 1/30.

Episode: http://www.twitch.tv/starrmazer/v/38813896 (skip to 38min to get to the HuCard segment)
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Neato.  I'm not familiar with the game, but it's cool that he's planning a physical version made to look like a huey with case, box, etc.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

That's cool.

Reporting on them a year later they've become a conversation piece a few times with retrogamers, and maker enthusiasts. They've held up incredibly well despite my constant playing (opening, closing, etc.) of the games that I posted earlier in the thread.

Glad to hear the blue and white ones are still available, and thanks for putting out such a great product!

Umbrella_inc

Pcenginefx, I am interested in buying two sets of your 3d printed hu-card cases.  Per your instructions in the first posting I sent you a PM a few days ago, just wanted to post here as well to confirm you got the message.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: Umbrella_inc on 02/11/2016, 08:11 PMPcenginefx, I am interested in buying two sets of your 3d printed hu-card cases.  Per your instructions in the first posting I sent you a PM a few days ago, just wanted to post here as well to confirm you got the message.
Got it - replying to your PM now....sorry been off the site for a bit.
IMG
IMG

Scarletspeedstr

PM sent on 2/24.  Let me know if you didn't receive, thanks!

ginoscope

Just got my cases yesterday and I wanted to say that they exceeded my expectations.

My loose hueys have a new home....

Scarletspeedstr

Two months.  I'm assuming this isn't happening any more?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Scarletspeedstr on 04/24/2016, 02:06 PMTwo months.  I'm assuming this isn't happening any more?
He's a busy guy, be patient and try him again.
IMG

Sypth

Brummy

Is this a dead project?  -  I tried messaging several times in last 2-3 months but no answer even when it shows he's logged in several times.

Does someone else maybe have some 3D printer files to make these they might want to sell??

PCEngineFX

Hi all - I'm still offering the cases but took my printers offline for a while.  I just fired them back up last night and am just verifying the prints are coming out right.  Will update here once I'm ready to accept new orders.
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

Just an update...

Finishing up tweaking of the prints to sell once again.  Each case takes 2hrs to print currently as I've made them slightly better/stronger than before.
IMG
IMG

Jonest3

These look awesome!

PM incoming

shadowfire36

NightWolve

Hey shadow, FYI, if you pm'ed Aaron about this, you're too late as this subject came up when we were working on helping the Henshin Engine Kickstarter project. He stopped making these and isn't interested in resuming, so FYI if you don't hear back from him.

tjsnh

Looks like the OP isn't making these anymore - anyone have any idea where to get similar repro/replacement/whatever HuCard jewel cases?

Johnpv

Since they're not making these any more any chance of sharing the 3D File to print our own?

shadowfire36

kallisti5

+1 hope that he shares the design on a site like Thingiverse.com    My Ultimaker 2 is bored and needs things to print for my PC Engine.

NoSexGex

Quote from: NightWolve on 10/25/2016, 11:40 PMHe stopped making these and isn't interested in resuming, so FYI if you don't hear back from him.
FUCK
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: NoSexGex on 04/14/2017, 09:19 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 10/25/2016, 11:40 PMHe stopped making these and isn't interested in resuming, so FYI if you don't hear back from him.
FUCK
Calm down James Rolfe :P
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NightWolve

NoSexGex

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 04/14/2017, 11:10 PMCalm down James Rolfe :P
I was imitating Pat Contri when he realized how much ass he sucks when he's doing anything unscripted. I'm trying to find that thread now actually when he was doing those LP's

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/14/2017, 11:13 PMDelayed reaction ? ;)
I took the availability of these for granted :oops:

But hey it's good a service like this was even offered, kudos to Aaron for making these for so long.
I'm just looking into the whole process now, it's interesting. Especially all the counterparts, like the arms and custom plastic fronting.
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

TelcoSurveyor

Can someone 3d print a time machine so I can go back and order some of these?
I'm the Wind, Baby!

compil3r

I also vote for the 3D file to be shared :)

*edit* Found these on EvilBay:

HuCardTray.jpg

NoSexGex

Quote from: TelcoSurveyor on 06/14/2017, 02:06 PMCan someone 3d print a time machine so I can go back and order some of these?
I'm in the process of printing some. I have the 3D file all ready I just need to find a new printer, then fine tune the models demensions to support the new printer

NecroPhile

Quote from: compil3r on 07/21/2017, 07:36 PM*edit* Found these on EvilBay:
HuCardTray.jpg
That's kinda neat - gotta link?  I assume it's a tray insert thing, meant to fit within the back half of a normal jewel case.

compil3r

Quote from: guest on 07/24/2017, 03:13 PM
Quote from: compil3r on 07/21/2017, 07:36 PM*edit* Found these on EvilBay:
HuCardTray.jpg
That's kinda neat - gotta link?  I assume it's a tray insert thing, meant to fit within the back half of a normal jewel case.
Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TurboGrafx-16-PC-Engine-HuCard-TurboChip-Tray-for-Jewel-Case/201922829019

NecroPhile

Cool, thanks.  $10 is rather steep for a single case though.

escarioth

oh damn, i was about to write him for a small order :S
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

CZroe

I'm all for people seeing a need and filling a need being entitled to the fruits of their labor, but is there still no open design to 3D print these? All of my HuCard/TurboChips are loose so I don't have an original to base mine on (yet). I like TheCoverProject's DVD inserts but don't like that the cards are just loose in there. Being able to use CD cases will let me mix with original cases and CD-ROM^2 cases as I expand my collection.