RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccovell

OK, so I'll guess Quiz Avenue.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Opethian

IMG

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

blueraven

Quiz Gaiden Fantasy Legend no Densetsu

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

ParanoiaDragon

The only other thing I can think of is one of the Ultra Box's, they had various mini-games, but I'd have no idea which one.
IMG

blueraven

ccovell

Vimtoman

I've never seen a quiz game on the PC engine so have no chance.

esteban

Quiz Marugoto The World 2 Time Machine Ni Onegai!

geise

I say we all give up and let Shubi tell us what it is.  Then he can post a new one.

shubibiman

Quote from: esteban on 01/11/2016, 07:44 PMQuiz Marugoto The World 2 Time Machine Ni Onegai!
That's correct :)

esteban

Quote from: shubibiman on 01/12/2016, 03:45 PM
Quote from: esteban on 01/11/2016, 07:44 PMQuiz Marugoto The World 2 Time Machine Ni Onegai!
That's correct :)
I have to ask: how do you access the shootemup mini-game?

Any links to video?

Thank you, kindly :)

shubibiman

You just get to play this as a mini-game near the end of one of the three modes. I have no video of this unfortunately.

blueraven

Thanks but I have no idea how the fuck anyone could have guessed that :lol:

deubeul

Which mode? And is there not too many questions so you Can eventually memorize them?

geise

*Waits patiently for esteban to post something from a CD+G disc*

esteban

Quote from: geise on 01/14/2016, 07:40 AM*Waits patiently for esteban to post something from a CD+G disc*
Ha!....if I took a photo of my TV, I could do that.

FOLKS, I'm at work now and I won't be able to post an image until tonight/tomorrow.

If someone else wants to jump in, be my guest :)

Otherwise, I'll have something posted in less than 20.5 hours.

shubibiman

Quote from: deubeul on 01/14/2016, 01:55 AMWhich mode? And is there not too many questions so you Can eventually memorize them?
The default mode. There are not so many questions tbh. If you get stuck several times at the same point, you'll see that some questions come back pretty often. There are quite a few questions that I was able to answer anyway.

The most difficult thing in this game is that the questions are not written, they're all spoken but in ADPCM quality, which means it's sometimes difficult to make out what's being said.

esteban

Ok, it took me much longer than I anticipated.

Here you go:

IMG

I masked the entire image in black, except for the small section revealed above.

If this stumps folks, I will reveal more bits of image.

Otaking

Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Vimtoman

That black image took how long ;)

shubibiman

PukeSter

esteban

No correct guesses thus far...

shubibiman

Otaking

wilykat

ccovell

Darius Plus / Super Darius?

Psycho Punch

Super Darius with superfluous panel drawings on lower side of screen? No way :P

Maybe slime world?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

No correct guesses thus far.

All of your guesses are logical (I would have made them, myself)...but, of course, this screenshot quiz will require you to think "out of the box"...

So I will reveal more...

esteban

shubibiman

ParanoiaDragon

Out Live?  Metamor Jupiter?
IMG

Vimtoman

Something like Battle Ace?

ccovell

esteban

No correct guesses thus far.

Here is a hint: so far, nobody has chosen a game that is in the correct GENRE.

johnnykonami

Wow, so not a shooter, turn based strategy, digital comic, 1st person corridor shooter or platformer.  I haven't played in a while but I was gonna guess one of the Cobras.  I don't think anyone guessed an RPG yet, I mean what other genre has sci-fi instrument panels?  One of the Cosmic Fantasy games?

shubibiman

deubeul

Quiz Marugoto The World 2 Time Machine Ni Onegai!

Lol

shubibiman

I was thinking about it but thought "no, he hasn't done that".

ccovell

Hmmm... is that Volfied?

Vimtoman

Hawaiian girls in space ?

esteban

Quote from: deubeul on 01/19/2016, 01:50 PMQuiz Marugoto The World 2 Time Machine Ni Onegai!

Lol
WINNER!

IMG

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

esteban

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 01/19/2016, 11:17 PMEdit
Please enter me.

Quote from: shubibiman on 01/19/2016, 03:50 PMI was thinking about it but thought "no, he hasn't done that".
Sadly, yes.  :(

ParanoiaDragon

Bah, I edited my post, since I somehow managed to miss that someone guessed it right already! LOL
IMG

Vimtoman

Ah Hawaiian men in space ? I thought I was close....