@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

PC Engine/Turbo Duo Joypad Converter

Started by KnightWarrior, 01/31/2016, 02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightWarrior

The Pad Converter that PS/PS2 Controller on a Turbo Duo/PC Engine, How does it support Street Fighter 2 CE if it doesn't have all 6 Buttons on it, Only I, II and III Button

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=51&zenid=aag13eois521f8udln1u3fgql5

mickcris

A standard 2 button controller supports SF2 also.  Not really sure why they include that as a selling point but it looks like it just converts it to a standard 2 button controller.

MNKyDeth

I hate using my PS3 or PS4 controller on retro type games. I much prefer the two button controller or 3 button ones. Some of the early 6button ones were ok like on the Genesis or Saturn Consoles. They were small and had a good feel to them.

One day I really just want to have one of my CoreGrafx controllers with rapid fire modded for USB on my PC. That way I can experience retro style games with a retro style feel of the controller.

I am talking about games that come out on steam that are new but are catering to the old schoolers and look retro and mostly play retro.

KnightWarrior

I wanted to use my PS2 Saturn Controller on it to Play Street Fighter 2 CE on it

Fauls Advertisment

Keith Courage

it's cheaper to just buy an avenue six pad than it would be to buy one of those adapters anyways.

KnightWarrior

I got 2 Avenue Pad 6's, But the D-Pad on it is Position to low & it's Small

wilykat

If you're familiar with C coding you could make your own adapter.  ATMega328 for example is about $3 a pop, has 32k EPROM inside for storing code and can be used to convert damn near anything to work on damn near anything.  All that's left are PCB, wires, and connectors.

Making PS2 controller work on PCE and implementing the full 6 button support would be easy.  There are large arcade style controller that has all the buttons in one area rather than on top and on back like standard controllers.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 01/31/2016, 11:59 AMI hate using my PS3 or PS4 controller on retro type games. I much prefer the two button controller or 3 button ones. Some of the early 6button ones were ok like on the Genesis or Saturn Consoles. They were small and had a good feel to them.

One day I really just want to have one of my CoreGrafx controllers with rapid fire modded for USB on my PC. That way I can experience retro style games with a retro style feel of the controller.

I am talking about games that come out on steam that are new but are catering to the old schoolers and look retro and mostly play retro.
It depends on the system and the controller. I have a few of the tototek Neo-Geo pad convertors and I use specific third party non-analog Playstation controllers with them. Something like the piranah pad works very well for old school games. It has an excellent d-pad, grips and good buttons. The stock Playstation controller with four buttons for directions rather than a traditional d-pad is a problem though.
--DragonmasterDan

GoldenWheels

I tried using one of these with my PS1 Asciiware stick, no dice. The converter was sending all kinda weird signals to the Duo. Mostly, just pausing over and over (no slow mo was not on)  :x

Not like I want to play Turbob with a Sony controller really; but I do want an arcade stick that doesn't cost a ton for certain games.

NecroPhile

I wouldn't mind one of these for use with a better (not IR) wireless pad.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 02/01/2016, 10:10 AMI wouldn't mind one of these for use with a better (not IR) wireless pad.
I'd be concerned that through the converter the receiver for the wireless pad isn't getting enough voltage to power everything.
--DragonmasterDan

Duo_R

QuoteI'd be concerned that through the converter the receiver for the wireless pad isn't getting enough voltage to power everything.
it actually works fine with the Logitech IR controller. Unfortunately the dpad sucks on that one. And as mentioned it only works in 2 button mode (it has been cool for RPG's tho).

But I am hacking a Logitech Wireless PS2 controller to make a wireless arcade stick that will work in 6 button mode on the Turbografx / PC Engine and also a bunch of other consoles.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

KnightWarrior

I would like see that

I wish Tototek would update there PS/PS2 Controller on a Turbo Duo/PC Engine Converter, So it can work with 6 Button Games

Like Holding Select or Start to Enable Mode B

PCEngineHell

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 01/31/2016, 03:18 PMI got 2 Avenue Pad 6's, But the D-Pad on it is Position to low & it's Small
You can replace the thumb-pad with one from a normal Turbopad/PCE pad. They are raised a tad higher so your thumb doesn't sink into the circular pit surrounding the thumb pad and grind on anything. It is an easy swap out. In general the plastic on those TG/PCE thumbpads feels better/smoother, so I recommend swapping them out.

MotherGunner

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 02/04/2016, 10:54 PM
Quote from: KnightWarrior on 01/31/2016, 03:18 PMI got 2 Avenue Pad 6's, But the D-Pad on it is Position to low & it's Small
You can replace the thumb-pad with one from a normal Turbopad/PCE pad. They are raised a tad higher so your thumb doesn't sink into the circular pit surrounding the thumb pad and grind on anything. It is an easy swap out. In general the plastic on those TG/PCE thumbpads feels better/smoother, so I recommend swapping them out.
Whoa, great PROTIP, I'm gonna try this tonight!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 02/04/2016, 10:54 PMYou can replace the thumb-pad with one from a normal Turbopad/PCE pad. They are raised a tad higher so your thumb doesn't sink into the circular pit surrounding the thumb pad and grind on anything. It is an easy swap out. In general the plastic on those TG/PCE thumbpads feels better/smoother, so I recommend swapping them out.
I actually replaced the d-pad in mine with one from a third party Genesis pad. It works a lot better, but if I'm doing six button games I still stick with the Hori commander.
--DragonmasterDan

csgx1

Quote from: MotherGunner on 02/05/2016, 12:54 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 02/04/2016, 10:54 PM
Whoa, great PROTIP, I'm gonna try this tonight!
Yeah, good tip.  I didn't realize there's a height difference.  I always thought mine was just worn out.  I have a busted Turbo pad that I'll have to try and swap someday.