@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What PC-Engine Stuff did you get today?

Started by Shadow, 04/03/2013, 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gheebee

Quote from: johnnykonami on 12/21/2015, 05:20 PMI can play using Terry and Ryo in these games and that's pretty much it.  I played a lot of KOF 95 on the Saturn and Match of the Millennium on NGPC, but all of the other titles I've only played a little bit of.  So I feel ya on not being great at fighting games, but even still every now and then I like to pick one up.   For me, I get bored long before the point you'd need to play to get really good at one. 
Yeah, I've never been good at these types of games but usually I can beat at least a couple of people before I lose; even when I put it on beginner I couldn't get anywhere in Fatal Fury Special! They are pretty nice looking and sounding games though and, surprisingly, the zooming in and out on Art of Fighting didn't really bother me like I thought it might.

Digi.k

Latest batch of games.

I didn't even think I was going to be able to repossess the US Turbo versions of Dragon Slayer and Ys Book but I think I got a good deal on them.  Also last time I played Dragon Slayer I was lucky a guy loaned me his copy for a few weeks if I recall correctly we met from classified ads probably some kind of video game trade pc engine stuff.  Even thought I beat the game I still wanted to own a copy and alas he wouldn't sell it.    I used to just play the music directly from the CD audio back then but now i love the pcm tracks and amazingly they have sampled drums.  Tokimeki and Future boy are still shrink wrapped.. I don't think I will have time to try them all out.  My games keep telling me to delete stuff from memory.....
IMG

EvilEvoIX

Arcade Card, Finally!!1   Great Deal and was too cheap to pass up.  GREAT condition.

IMGIMGIMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

EmperorIng

I think I recognize at least one of those games.  :dance:

If you ever feel like booting up MAME I can totally recommend P-47 Aces (P-47's sequel) as top-notch.

Spent a little too much moolah than I wanted to for Super Raiden. I've gotten far into the arcade original's first loop, but get crushed pretty pitilessly; I suppose the much-toned-down difficulty of Super Raiden will offer a far quicker clear.

Similarly so with Super Darius II. I am a gigantic Darius fanboy, so it was more of me biding my time until I couldn't resist picking up the game a few weeks ago. The zoomed-in nature of the play-field is quite strange; wholly unlike Super Darius 1. The Arcade Darius II's first stage on the sun was already pretty slow and easy, but SD2 takes it to new levels with its extremely anemic rocks and nonexistent enemy formations. I look forward to diving deeper into the game to see if it picks up more of a pace. I've been only able to clear the MegaDrive Darius II, as the arcade version is incredibly ruthless with its "do it in one life or bust" mentality.

Opethian

super raiden is 10 long ass stages. good luck
IMG

EmperorIng

Thanks; I've made it to the 7th stage of arcade Raiden without using a continue; I wager the PC Engine version cannot be more assholish than that game's penchant for hiding tanks on the bottom corners of the screen and sniping your feeble ship out of the sky.

I was able to clear Kyuukyoku Tiger's PCE port a few months ago, which, like all Toaplan games, redefines "long-ass stages." The K-Tiger copycat Raiden moves along at a brisk pace comparatively!

EDIT: Fun fact: I mentioned this elsewhere, but I suppose it's worth mentioning that Super Raiden and the PCE port of Kyuukyoku Tiger were developed by the same group, A.I. - as opposed to NEC and Taito as had been previously thought. Small world!

stlpaul

recently got some controllers and accessories:

5-port Multi-tap
controller extensions (from monoprice)
Hori Fighting Stick Multi (complete)
Hori Fighting Commander 6-button pad

avenue pad 3 is en route :)

Medic_wheat

HuMan

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HuMan

Yes, but it's hard to say no to a $6 Multi-Tap.

Digi.k

what do these previous owners do to their taps... ???

my latest haul.. Think I might have to give the wallet a rest for a few weeks.

IMG

latest batch of stuff. I think I should watch my wallet for the next few weeks.

esteban

I know where folks are finding all these dirty video game consoles and accessories...

IMG

Which reminds me...time to watch The Exorcist again...

SplatterTrigger

Picked these up over the last week or so. The Backup Booster is NOS.

/88c1babde66fbc294a29a086d3c59600.jpg

Jason_dicarlo85

Picked up an avenue 6 pad ... Purchased from the same guy who does mega box reproductions.. I freaking love it ... Controller feels great in my hands (I'm a pretty big guy) previously had a hyperkin pc engine controller that was about an inch and half smaller than a stock turbo pad... So I was happy for a bigger controller..

Sarumaru

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Digi.k

latest batch of games.... grrrrr at the tea stains on the table...

IMG

o.pwuaioc

Finally, finally, got the Hori stick. Time to fuck up these shooters.

datbuta

I recently bought Record of Lodoss War... no idea how to play it... but the battle system is interesting... i'm making note of options of the game for better understanding.

cr8zykuban0

NightWolve

My win from Sarumaru's raffle! Was surprised at how quickly it arrived!

IMG

RyuHayabusa

/35ECE375-C0D0-B448-3EAA436758A2B65A.png

Another addition to my NEC console collection. I've always loved the Duo design. I do have a soft spot for the suitcase but it's nice having everything in one nice package.

SplatterTrigger

/7e6591ece01526e05cf8ace1c1013f30.jpg

Recent PCE, TG and Feka......

kosko99

I'm so jealous every time I check this thread... lol

Trenton_net

Quote from: SplatterTrigger on 02/20/2016, 08:40 AM/7e6591ece01526e05cf8ace1c1013f30.jpg
Recent PCE, TG and Feka......
Neat, you got Ane San. You can let us know how it plays.

brizio

Today I reached 116 games in my collection. The latest additions to the "family" are two western games released in Japan only: Lemmings (Sunsoft) and Builderland (Microworld). Both coming complete with spine cards.

IMG

brizio

Another new arrival today: but it is not a game!

Pixellence Vol.1 reached my desk this morning. It is actually the second copy I bought so I can leave one untouched and read the other. :)

IMG

Flare65

Quote from: NightWolve on 02/15/2016, 09:37 PMMy win from Sarumaru's raffle! Was surprised at how quickly it arrived!

IMG
Lady Phantom is a bit underrated and I love the music.  Really wish there was a translation of this.  I beat it, but have no clue what the story is or what the characters are saying in the game.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: brizio on 02/23/2016, 08:56 AMToday I reached 116 games in my "collection." The latest additions to the FAMILY are two western games released in Japan only: Lemmings (Sunsoft) and Builderland (Microworld). Both coming complete with spine cards.
Fixed.
IMG

EvilEvoIX

Got some common PC Engine stuff here.  Nothing crazy but a nice little bundle, 

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

brizio

Just got an Arcade Card Pro. This way I'll be able to get my old CD-ROM2 Interface unit back in full order and ready to play all games. Now I just need a System Card 1.0 in order to play Altered Beast CD.  :D
IMG

TheAlphaOmegaX3

I wanted to share something I have been wanting a long time. I received a package from the man, myth, and legend of PCEFX forums: Keith Courage. First I want to say is "KEITH, THANK YOU!" You have provided a drop dead gorgeous system that I can enjoy for years to come. Keith is great to work with and provided exactly what I asked for: A RGB modded beautifully restored PC Engine Briefcase Setup.

Also I know I'm in total noob status on the forums, but I like it here. Tend to read more than post. It really is a mix of talents and opinions and overall truly the best place on the internet for anything TG-16 or PCE. Thank you all for each one of your contributions. Now if you will excuse me, I'm off the play my PCE!  (Modified from last post to actually show pics without having to click on links. Why didn't I do this before? Because I'm a dork!)  :P

IMG IMG
IMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: brizio on 03/03/2016, 05:38 AMJust got an Arcade Card Pro. This way I'll be able to get my old CD-ROM2 Interface unit back in full order and ready to play all games. Now I just need a System Card 1.0 in order to play Altered Beast CD.  :D
IMG
Same here buddy.
IMGIMGIMG

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 03/04/2016, 12:06 AM
Quote from: brizio on 03/03/2016, 05:38 AMJust got an Arcade Card Pro. This way I'll be able to get my old CD-ROM2 Interface unit back in full order and ready to play all games. Now I just need a System Card 1.0 in order to play Altered Beast CD.  :D
IMG
Same here buddy.
Thought you didn't like PCE's Altered Beast?

EmperorIng

jackpot?

IMG

I do love the Engrish peppered inside the manual:

IMG

I know I've been IN TOO DEEP in LUST CITY before; let me tell you boys, there are consequences.

And something we all can enjoy, horrifically-drawn character art. This is junior-high level art here:

IMG

I've been playing the original on Ootake for a while to get to know it, and while the port is flawed, the sequel fixes just about every problem I have with the port (that being: the gigantic hitbox!). Image Fight II is a real treat. Despite its high difficulty, it is far more fair about its assholish behavior than the HuCard game. I've been told I need an avenue 3 pad to really get the most out of it, because the pod-firing button is mapped to select, which is less than ideal.

I guess that's an excuse to get an avenue 3 pad down the road, and Forgotten Worlds! (maybe; I really like the Genesis port).

shubibiman

If you like the Genesis port of Forgotten Worlds, you'll love the PCE port, which is much more beautiful and faithful to the original game.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

Quote from: shubibiman on 03/04/2016, 02:02 AMIf you like the Genesis port of Forgotten Worlds, you'll love the PCE port, which is much more beautiful and faithful to the original game.
Agreed. :)

brizio

Today I got Insanity and Pyramid Plunder from Aetherbyte. With these two games I supported the homebrew scene buying at least one copy of each new game published (well, I am missing Protocade on AbCard in reality but for that it's too late...)

IMG

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: esteban on 03/04/2016, 07:30 AM
Quote from: shubibiman on 03/04/2016, 02:02 AMIf you like the Genesis port of Forgotten Worlds, you'll love the PCE port, which is much more beautiful and faithful to the original game.
But then you cannot play with your friend or spouse. Is better graphics and music worth the loss of 2nd player? (Satellites just aren't the same!)

shubibiman

I don't play my shooties with someone else, anyway.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/04/2016, 09:58 AM
But then you cannot play with your friend or spouse. Is better graphics and music worth the loss of 2nd player? (Satellites just aren't the same!)
Satellites of love.

But, sadly, even satellites of love fail to provide more than 3% of the fun vs. a proper 2-player co-op.

SOLUTION:
When playing Turbo Forgotten Worlds, simply pretend you are at the arcade with a friend, but, unfortunately, your friend has already RUN OUT OF QUARTERS.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: esteban on 03/05/2016, 01:52 AM
Quote from: guest on 03/04/2016, 09:58 AM
Satellites of love.

But, sadly, even satellites of love fail to provide more than 3% of the fun vs. a proper 2-player co-op.

SOLUTION:
When playing Turbo Forgotten Worlds, simply pretend you are at the arcade with a friend, but, unfortunately, your friend has already RUN OUT OF QUARTERS.
Maybe I'll just tell them that they can't hang around me. After all, they're still doing things that I gave up years ago.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 03/04/2016, 12:24 AM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 03/04/2016, 12:06 AM
IMG
Same here buddy.
Thought you didn't like PCE's Altered Beast?
I do not.  Horrible Port.  However it is still a game I'd like the option to play even for  quick comparison.
IMGIMGIMG

brizio

And yesterday I got Avenger. I played it quite a lot in "backup" form and enjoyed enough to buy the real deal. Was also cheap enough!

IMG

Digi.k

new pce stuff.  I really haven't spent too much time with them and although over the years I was deliberating on possession of Powerdrift I finally caved in...I've always thought it a poor port but now I kinda appreciate it.  It's just I know it could have been better if it was done out of the hands of ASMIK.

Arunamu no Kiba I am really impressed, the in-game cut scenes are really well done, also because a lot of the in-game music has drum samples.  Haven't spent too much time with Neo Metal Fantasy yet.

/2660BA83-FA73-4D66-9E29-C4257FAE7723.jpg

brizio

Another day, another package. Just got Dungeon Explorer and Galaga 88.

IMG

brizio

And today I got Wonderboy III - Monster Lair. Another old CD-ROM2 title I was looking for since ages.

IMG

Dicer