What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gusmoney

Quote from: spawnshop on 02/06/2016, 05:00 PMBeen playing Sidearms... Sidearms is cool, but crazy hectic.
I cannot put Sidearms down, nice title.  Graphics are top notch.  The box art is glued into my mind for whatever reason when I play this. 

I have also been playing Ryukyu.  Nice little poker puzzler.  Those guys at FACE make some damn fine games and can turn anything into a puzzle (money, cards, etc).

Psycho Punch

Quote from: gusmoney on 02/08/2016, 11:15 PMI cannot put Sidearms down, nice title.  Graphics are top notch.  The box art is glued into my mind for whatever reason when I play this. 
Probably because of the shiny, chromed crotch of the protagonist.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

EmperorIng

Giving up on Shubibinman 2. Anything less than a charge-shot is useless (a pet peeve of mine in action platformers). Your bullets are so small that it's a wonder you will hit anything. Two slow auto-scrolling stages in a row further kills any sense of momentum. Followed by... more stages with slow auto-scrolling segments.

If someone wants it take it off my hands in my sales thread.  8)

At least the third game, for as painfully easy as it is, is fun to play.

Also playing Hellfire S. Why would the default setting be "Easy", and only go up to "Normal"? Normal isn't even that hard! A neat thing others pointed out to me is that if you destroy a power-up carrier with your back-shot, it releases three power-up or bonus icons instead of one. It forces you to plan on back-shooting them for maximum effectiveness and points gain.

I'm having fun with it, though my gut feeling is that the Genesis/MD port is the stronger game.

escarioth

took quite a break from TG16 for some months.
(too much of usual routine stuff)  ](*,)

BUT tryed at last Neutopia for the first time and i LIKE it.
zelda similarities are fun to spot  :dance:
and i didnt know you could save on intern memory ! :D :D :D

i'm pretty sure everybody knows about the game already but if you dont give it a try :)
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

o.pwuaioc

Oops, wrong thread. But to answer it properly, I've been playing Soldier Blade again. Just a super fun romp through and through.

jtucci31

Quote from: escarioth on 02/10/2016, 08:14 PMtook quite a break from TG16 for some months.
Yeah whenever school starts back up for me after the new year I get pretty busy and my turbo-time decreases. I have to make more of an effort to give myself the time.

Gentlegamer

I just beat Cadash for the first time, with Fighter.

Now to go through with the other characters.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

johnnykonami

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 02/11/2016, 09:10 PMI just beat Cadash for the first time, with Fighter.

Now to go through with the other characters.
Nice, Mage & Priest were my faves, Ninja was really good to play through it with also - if I recall he makes it pretty easy.  I gotta do another playthrough soon myself!

Gentlegamer

Also been playing Shinobi.

It's really hard, giving it the arcade feel!
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Bloufo

Playing a bit of World Class Baseball. It's solid. Having fun with it.

For my next Turbo sports fix I reckon I'll give Hit the Ice a go.

jtucci31

I had some friends over last night and today and we got through about 5 or 6 dungeons in DE. We suck and keep having to type in passwords, but it's been a lot of fun! I hope they continue to like it so we can beat it as a collective group. Figuring out that certain characters can heal if you look at each other is VERY helpful

ginoscope

Been killing a lot of time modding my tg16 but I been playing dragon slayer and last alert.

Last alert is epic lol...classic horrible dub.

seieienbu

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 02/11/2016, 10:41 PMAlso been playing Shinobi.

It's really hard, giving it the arcade feel!
I'm pretty sure that the PC Engine port is the best version of the game after the arcade original.  Excellent port.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

spawnshop

Tonight i was playing Ordyne, Bravoman, Dragon Spirit, and Time Cruise.

Time Cruise is cool if you just want to chill....had a lot of fun with it.
Bravoman just plain sucks.  The controls are horrible.
Dragon Spirit is a lot of fun, but I'm not too good at it.  Couldn't even get past lvl 1!  Haha!

I was playing Ordyne the most.  Was a ton of fun.  Think i only got to stage 3 or 4, but it was a blast.  I like the feel of it.

PukeSter

Quote from: guest on 02/11/2016, 04:40 PM
Quote from: escarioth on 02/10/2016, 08:14 PMtook quite a break from TG16 for some months.
Yeah whenever school starts back up for me after the new year I get pretty busy and my turbo-time decreases. I have to make more of an effort to give myself the time.
I've been pretty burnt out on the turbo and have been enjoying some black flag (and AC rogue) for the past couple of weeks. I enjoy the mix of assassin and pirate gameplay! I'll probably get lynched for saying that haha

I have put in some quick playthroughs of bonk 2 and ninja spirit though.

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 02/13/2016, 10:23 PM
I've been pretty burnt out on the turbo and have been enjoying some black flag (and AC rogue) for the past couple of weeks. I enjoy the mix of assassin and pirate gameplay! I'll probably get lynched for saying that haha

*gasp* Delete your account like the rest of them!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/13/2016, 10:23 PM

If you want "pirate action", then play Parodius :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

grolt

Finally located a copy of Tiger Road and gave that one a shot last night. Once it got going I couldn't put it down and an hour or so later I finished it. I like those kind of action games but Bucci's review really put me off - he made it sound like one of the most difficult games ever made. Aside from some cheap Ninja Gaiden-esque enemy spawns by pits, it is a pretty easy game that rewards memorization and a little bit of strategy. As simple as the challenges were, I still really liked the upgrade component, reminding me of one of my favorite games, Kenseiden for the SMS. I liked the whole splitting the levels into screens thing, since sometimes you'd be motivated to just chug through a tough part knowing even if you die right after you will respawn at the next screen. Plenty of fun, and looking at the arcade original I think they had a better art style here that embraced an Eastern aesthetic. The arcade game, by comparison, looks more bland despite the bigger and more detailed levels and sprites. Victor Musical Industries sure put out some interesting and skilled games on the TG.
I'm a notorious strange man.

EvilEvoIX

Last Blade II.  I can fly all the way to the final level no issues.  That final level just keeps hacking me down.  Every death you lose progress and growth and then you have to fight to get it back.  I'll beat it.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

esteban

Quote from: grolt on 02/14/2016, 10:24 AMFinally located a copy of Tiger Road and gave that one a shot last night. Once it got going I couldn't put it down and an hour or so later I finished it. I like those kind of action games but Bucci's review really put me off - he made it sound like one of the most difficult games ever made. Aside from some cheap Ninja Gaiden-esque enemy spawns by pits, it is a pretty easy game that rewards memorization and a little bit of strategy. As simple as the challenges were, I still really liked the upgrade component, reminding me of one of my favorite games, Kenseiden for the SMS. I liked the whole splitting the levels into screens thing, since sometimes you'd be motivated to just chug through a tough part knowing even if you die right after you will respawn at the next screen. Plenty of fun, and looking at the arcade original I think they had a better art style here that embraced an Eastern aesthetic. The arcade game, by comparison, looks more bland despite the bigger and more detailed levels and sprites. Victor Musical Industries sure put out some interesting and skilled games on the TG.
I could beat this game BITD, but it wasn't a guarantee every time. I definitely thought some parts were a bit challenging.

Recently, playing the game with my 12 year old daughter...she found it frustrating. I said, "Let me show you."

Ha! I only made it a little bit further than she did.

:)

geise

I still have yet to beat Tiger Road.  Sounds like a challenge for next weekend when I have the time.

grolt

Once you figure out the strategy for each part in the level it becomes pretty easy to master the moves you need to do to advance further.  It becomes especially easy once you get the Tiger attack and can pretty much just decimate enemies and bosses from that point forward.  With the doubled Tiger attack, you don't even have to move for the last boss.  Add in a pretty liberal amount of health containers and even with mistakes you should be able to work your way through the game with the 3 continues.  Using the "Backup" option, which essentially save states where you last had a game over, gives you unlimited continues, but you really shouldn't even need it.

Cool thing I found is that when you do use the "Backup" option after you finish the game, you start again on the first level but retain all of your Tiger/life powerups, which makes the first few levels especially fun since you can just plow through unscathed.  Not sure if the ending is any different after that, but I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to find out!

PukeSter

Not gonna lie, Turbo switches are kinda essential for Tiger Road, especially the bonus stages. They are your only chance to get an upgrade and if you fail then you may as well reset.

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 02/14/2016, 08:36 PMNot gonna lie, Turbo switches are kinda essential for Tiger Road, especially the bonus stages. They are your only chance to get an upgrade and if you fail then you may as well reset.
Yeah those bonus stages are so essential. but once you figure them out, it's not to bad.   I don't recall using the turbo switches anywhere else though.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Warbucks

I'm playing Boxy Boy.. it is way better than I thought it would be.
Are there only the 20 levels?

esteban

Quote from: Warbucks on 02/15/2016, 04:34 AMI'm playing Boxy Boy.. it is way better than I thought it would be.
222 levels

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/14/2016, 08:36 PMNot gonna lie, Turbo switches are kinda essential for Tiger Road, especially the bonus stages. They are your only chance to get an upgrade and if you fail then you may as well reset.
Ha! Upgrading weapons might be the piece missing from my strategy.

Also, I generally don't use auto-fire...but maybe I will have to make an exception for Tiger Road.

Gentlegamer

I finished Cratermaze on Normal, it was really easy.

Then the game starts over on Difficult, and it seems like it's the real version of the game. More enemies, and you can fall in your own craters!
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Warbucks on 02/15/2016, 04:34 AMI'm playing Boxy Boy.. it is way better than I thought it would be.
I don't know why you'd think that, as there's 250 total.  Beat the first 100 to unlock another 100, and beat those to unlock the final 50.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Warbucks

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2016, 10:49 AM
I don't know why you'd think that, as there's 250 total.  Beat the first 100 to unlock another 100, and beat those to unlock the final 50.
Awesome, when I was scrolling through the different levels, I only noticed 20. (I was only on level 5 at the time)
Guess I didn't scroll far enough lol

NecroPhile

It must let you see the first 20, but after that you have to beat the prior level to play the next.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

spawnshop

Finally picked up a copy of Devil's Crush and was playing that yesterday for a hour or so.   How many pinball games are there on the TG16?!   LOL!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: spawnshop on 02/21/2016, 12:03 PMFinally picked up a copy of Devil's Crush and was playing that yesterday for a hour or so.   How many pinball games are there on the TG16?!   LOL!
Two good ones, and you have the better of the two. Alien Crush came out first and is good, but not as good.

There's also Time Cruise II, but I've never actually played it.

PukeSter

Played through dungeon explorer with the bishop. Still as good as I remember. I need to try the sequel at some point (and the snes port)

IvanBeavkov

So thanks to wildfruit I have been playing some Panic Bomber.

I have to say this is a great puzzle game and so much fun. I also feel this game is intense in a way that other puzzle games are not. I think it is a combination of, the up tempo music, how quickly you get rows pushed up from the bottom, and the bomb explosions causing the screen to shake. It feels like you are always on the brink just waiting for the next lit red bomb to save you.

So I definitely recommend it.

ginoscope

I been playing L-Dis and it's actually quite fun for a non super cd shooter.

Slowdown actually helped me beat one of the bosses last time I played it lol.

DQ187

Been playing alot of Air Zonk and Super Star Soldier. Still havnt beat either and I'm determined!  [-(

Been mixin in a little Devils Crush and Bomberman 93 in between! :P

TurboDuo

I just recently finished dragon slayer and cosmic fantasy 2.

ginoscope

Quote from: TurboDuo on 03/23/2016, 06:12 AMI just recently finished dragon slayer and cosmic fantasy 2.
I need to finish Dragon Slayer I been taking my time on Chapter 5 and I know I am close to the end.  Weapons are getting so expensive and it's becoming a chore to grind.  I think I need armor on one more person before I go to some tower.

Medic_wheat

Playing some rainbow island. But my controller is acting up. Will need to get a "new" controller.

TurboDuo

Quote from: ginoscope on 03/23/2016, 09:01 AM
Quote from: TurboDuo on 03/23/2016, 06:12 AMI just recently finished dragon slayer and cosmic fantasy 2.
I need to finish Dragon Slayer I been taking my time on Chapter 5 and I know I am close to the end.  Weapons are getting so expensive and it's becoming a chore to grind.  I think I need armor on one more person before I go to some tower.
After playing Vay for the sega cd, level grinding in any other game doesn't feel to bad lol.

seieienbu

Quote from: TurboDuo on 03/23/2016, 05:11 PM
Quote from: ginoscope on 03/23/2016, 09:01 AM
After playing Vay for the sega cd, level grinding in any other game doesn't feel to bad lol.
I played Dragon Slayer somewhat recently and didn't think it was overly grind-y.  I played World of Warcraft for a couple of years and ever since then Nothing has felt like a grind.

Been playing Final Lap Twin lately.  RPG Racer?  Fuck yeah.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

EvilEvoIX

Made it all the way to the last level on Jackie Chans Action Kung Fu.  Didn't beat the final part where you climb the moving platforms with guys jumping on them.  That game is a treat to play, great controls, great music, not too much cheese.  Can't wait to finally beat it.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 03/23/2016, 10:38 PMMade it all the way to the last level on Jackie Chans Action Kung Fu.  Didn't beat the final part where you climb the moving platforms with guys jumping on them.  That game is a treat to play, great controls, great music, not too much cheese.  Can't wait to finally beat it.
I have the NES port of this game.

Is it worth it getting the PCE port?

Similarly as to how the NES port of Binknis garbage when compared to the PCE port

Or more like compairing two equally fine ports. (I am blanking on an example.  Maybe robo kid for the PCE and Genesis lol?)

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/23/2016, 10:56 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 03/23/2016, 10:38 PMMade it all the way to the last level on Jackie Chans Action Kung Fu.  Didn't beat the final part where you climb the moving platforms with guys jumping on them.  That game is a treat to play, great controls, great music, not too much cheese.  Can't wait to finally beat it.

Similarly as to how the NES port of Binknis garbage when compared to the PCE port

Or more like compairing two equally fine ports. (I am blanking on an example.  Maybe robo kid for the PCE and Genesis lol?)
Absolutely!  The NES version is great but obvious cuts were made sure to Sprite, color, and other limitations.  Get it for sure.
IMGIMGIMG

esteban

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 03/23/2016, 11:31 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/23/2016, 10:56 PM

Absolutely!  The NES version is great but obvious cuts were made sure to Sprite, color, and other limitations.  Get it for sure.
Agreed. You gotta play TG-16 version, too. :)

grolt

I'd love to get the TG-16 version...shame how much that thing costs now. That and Neutopia II. Just crazy.

martinine

Playing Y's Book 3. Loving it. Frame rate is weird/choppy, but strangely enough it doesn't seem to matter. Music is phenomenal!

Queued up Y's IV translated and dubbed (thanks Nightwolve, et al.) for when I finish 3. Can't wait!
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

wildfruit

Quote from: martinine on 03/29/2016, 12:35 AMPlaying Ys Book 3. Loving it. Frame rate is weird/choppy, but strangely enough it doesn't seem to matter. Music is phenomenal!

Queued up Ys IV translated and dubbed (thanks Nightwolve, et al.) for when I finish 3. Can't wait!
Ys IV is awesome. Enjoy!

martinine

Just finished Y's Book 3. Awesome fun! Onward to Book 4!
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.