What PC-Engine Stuff did you get today?

Started by Shadow, 04/03/2013, 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

o.pwuaioc

What!? Someone switched out Revenge of Shinobi's ROM for Ghouls 'n Ghosts? The bastards!

Medic_wheat

I am honestly surprised how many TG-16 games have a Genesis port as well.

But yeah. Nice everdrive action lol

brizio

Random stuff I got today: Neo Metal Fantasy, Rock-On and Pac-Land. The last two are still brand new and are waiting to be opened tonight!  :D

IMG

IMG

Digi.k

not sure when I 'll have time to test it out yet..

/052f6004-654b-4731-a71f-adabbba99c71.jpg

TDIRunner

I've been looking for a Super CD ROM attachment for my Core Grafx for a while and finally decided to get a Duo R instead after finding a deal from lastcallhall on this site. The sale included an Arcade card, Avenue Pad 6, Core Grafx pad, multi tap, and component mod. I may end up selling my Core Grafx to help offset this purchase, but that is undecided at this time.  I need to see what those even sell for right now.

Thanks again to lastcallhall for the great deal.  Everything was packaged well and shipped quickly.

March 2016 Pickups 6.jpg
March 2016 Pickups 7.jpg
March 2016 Pickups 8.jpg
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

shabba

I just got these, fresh from Japan. Tasty.

IMG
-Colin
Old enough to be your dad. Just ask your mom.

exodus

Today I got a memory base 128 - or, more accurately, I found it, after buying it probably 13 years ago in japan, then hiding it from myself in a digital camera box and leaving it at my mom's for more than a dozen years.

presents for me, from me!

dave_van_damn

I was in Japan last week and picked up a bunch of games and a Duo RX :)

IMG

Digi.k

shabba

-Colin

Digi.k

Quote from: shabba on 04/13/2016, 10:33 PMWhat do you think of Snatcher?
good I love the pce music tracks.

shabba

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/14/2016, 04:34 PM
Excellent. Is it non-japanese playable? It looks great but I want to enjoy it as much as possible.
-Colin

EmperorIng

Well of course, the way to enjoy it as much as possible is to play it in English.  :D

Aren't the Wizardry games partially in English?

Still crazy to think about all the Neo Geo ports the system got all the way into 1994... Even if the 8bit sound effects in World Heroes 2 are pretty lame, the whole package is very impressive.

Digi.k

Quote from: shabba on 04/14/2016, 10:29 PM
Excellent. Is it non-japanese playable? It looks great but I want to enjoy it as much as possible.
unfortunately you DO need quite a bit of japanese know how to get through this...  Unless someone finishes translating this then the SEGA CD might be the way to go unless you can also get the MSX versions...

Trenton_net

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/14/2016, 10:32 PM
unfortunately you DO need quite a bit of japanese know how to get through this...  Unless someone finishes translating this then the SEGA CD might be the way to go unless you can also get the MSX versions...
To be honest, it pains me greatly that the Sega CD version exists. It is the sole reason people are demotivated from translating the PCE version, which in my opinion, is probably one of the best/pure versions of the game out there.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Trenton_net on 04/15/2016, 10:56 AM
Quote from: Digi.k on 04/14/2016, 10:32 PM
To be honest, it pains me greatly that the Sega CD version exists. It is the sole reason people are demotivated from translating the PCE version, which in my opinion, is probably one of the best/pure versions of the game out there.
Well the SegaCD version does also have additional scenes and such that aren't in the PCE version if I remember correctly. So it doesn't help that it really is considered a bit more a definitive version than the PCE one when trying to convince people to do a translation.

NecroPhile

And by 'pure' you mean 'no tittehs or jailbait butt'.  Pffft, lame.  :P
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

exodus

Today I finished off my FACE PCE collection. Once I realized there were only 10 of them, I got the mahjong game I didn't have, and one game I didn't have the case for, and now here we are!

IMG
IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: exodus on 04/21/2016, 05:31 PMToday I finished off my FACE PCE collection. Once I realized there were only 10 of them, I got the mahjong game I didn't have, and one game I didn't have the case for, and now here we are!
FACE is dope. <3
IMG

exodus

jenkinsmitchell

This past week I got my first PC duo, and a few games for it. I snagged Dungeon Explorer, Samurai ghost, devil's crush, ninja spirit, Rondo of Blood, and some others that aren't coming to mind. I've never played with a PCE, until now, but I really like the games I've tried so far. I'm pretty addicted to Castlevania right now...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

exodus

HailingTheThings

Quote from: exodus on 05/03/2016, 02:58 PMthis shirt
IMG
Give it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where'd you get that?
IMG

exodus

my girlfriend made it for me! it's a one-off. you may notice it has the sunset from cross wiber in the logo as well.

If she feels like it, maybe we'll set up a side thing with obscure logos, like what 1cc does, but different designs!

schweaty

I would be in for one.  I am also killing myself for missing the irem 1cc shirt.  I'd be in for one of those as well

exodus

yeah, I was bummed I didn't get Masaya over there. we will casually look into it!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: exodus on 05/03/2016, 05:35 PMmy girlfriend made it for me! it's a one-off. you may notice it has the sunset from cross wiber in the logo as well.

If she feels like it, maybe we'll set up a side thing with obscure logos, like what 1cc does, but different designs!
That's awesome, your gf is wow for doing that for you. If you ever end up doing a shirt thang, let us know, yo. <3
IMG

exodus

yeah, I will! She is working on either wolfteam or NEC Avenue next :3

HailingTheThings

IMG

NightWolve

I scored Mysterious Song [SE] (2014 Release Version) for $19.95 today in another clearance flash sale (50 sold out in ~3 hours!) by OldRover, not bad for a new homebrew CD, and doesn't offend my cheap bastard inclinations much.

wayback://ebay.com/itm/201577211519
IMG

NightWolve

My copy arrived today, so that was 6 days ago from the order date, not bad. CD/Manual look perfect, but slight bang-up led to a little crack on the case, and about half of the teeth that grip the disc by its center had broken off, a few more and it would've come loose! As it's just a standard generic CD case, it's no big deal to grab another one and do a swap.

Anyway, gonna add its TOC to TurboRip's internal database right now if that's not what Bernie already gave me. It's good to see the Turbo got another full traditional RPG game as it never got as much compared to the SNES back in that era.

cr8zykuban0

purchased this from my boy sarumaru! thanks again buddy!

MyTurboDuo.jpg

exodus

I got these lovely browned vintage hucard sleeves from johnnykonami! Once I figure out how to un-tacky them, I will share with you all the glorious secret! (if I find it)

IMG

exodus

I got some things in korea

IMG

gonna recap that duo and trade it to somebody!

martinine

I scooped Ys 1-4 and Gen Pei Tomaden 2 for a pretty decent price on thebay.

Exodus, you trying to unload that Macross 2038?
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

TDIRunner

I was happy to find this waiting in the mailbox for me today.

June2016Pickups-MysteriousSong.jpg
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

exodus

Quote from: martinine on 05/29/2016, 11:21 PMExodus, you trying to unload that Macross 2038?
I thought I replied to this! but no, this is my first time even playing the game, so it's staying with me!

esteban

Quote from: exodus on 06/05/2016, 07:36 PM
Quote from: martinine on 05/29/2016, 11:21 PMExodus, you trying to unload that Macross 2038?
I thought I replied to this! but no, this is my first time even playing the game, so it's staying with me!
I would like to join the raffle.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

exodus

gheebee

Got a S-Video mod installed in my Duo by Keith Courage and it showed up the other day. Originally I was reluctant to get this mod since I ultimately want to get something with RGB input and then get an RGB mod, but I have a TV with S-Video now so I caved and got this. The result is fantastic and I'm glad I had this done, it was worth every penny!

wilykat

Second best video mod most people can get on older consoles.  RGB is the best one but not everyone has access to RGB capable display. S-Video is very good and is great if you have display with S-Video.

The next best is composite which is the default of most consoles and they do suck now day.

There's also component (which is about same as RGB overall) and HDMI but a lot of them are only on newer consoles and extreme modding on older consoles.  RF round out the list and it's the pits.  It was fine in 1970 when most people had tiny 13" B&W TV.  It looks diwnright ugly when you're using a 100" HDTV.

NightWalker66

Got Avenue Pad 3 & 6, Arcade Card Pro, Supergrafx, Multi-Tap, and Turbo Everdrive Deluxe edition ( PC Engine design).

SoulflySolid

Got Dracula X in a trade from another site. Feels good to finally have this game.

jtucci31

Got my IFU all done up for RGB. And I love how this was able to be modded so that I can still hook it up for normal composite just in case I want to downgrade my video quality for whatever reason :) This is everything I ever wanted. I can take this briefcase anywhere and everywhere

IMG

NightWalker66

I got 2 SCDs, Ave Pad 3, Ave Pad 6, Duo-RX controller, Hori Commander, SuperGrafx, CoreGrafx II, Arcade PRO card, Turbo Everdrive, and 19 games.
Yawara, Yawara II, Princess Maker, Princess Maker II, Ys I + II, Ys III, Ys IV, Prince of Persia, CD Bishoujo Chuushinha, Snatcher, Snatcher Pilot Disk, 3x3 Eyes, Brandish, Dragon Ball Z, Macross: Eternal Love, Far East of Eden: Kabuki-Den, Graduation, Graduation II, Graduation Miki.

Digi.k

Wonderboy III was my first CD-Rom game and years later I'm reunited with it

MonsterLairEmeraldDragon.jpg

geise

Two amazing games!  I love Monster Lair.  It was one of my first Turbo CD's.  I still have my original.  I do wish they used the same cover art the JP version has.  I still need to finish Emerald Dragon.  Such a good game and super cheap.

gusmoney

Upgraded my stand-alone PCE to a Duo Rx today.

IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: gusmoney on 07/15/2016, 12:43 AMUpgraded my stand-alone PCE to a Duo Rx today.

IMG
Awesome, congrats man.

When purchasing a first Duo, it should be mandatory that Pinhead jumps out of the CD tray and says he has such sights to show you.