OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Adapter brings your own wireless gamepads to the NES

Started by ToyMachine78, 04/25/2016, 07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMaffew

This is pretty cool if you really enjoyed one of the wireless controllers. I could see a Playstation one working out the best because of the D-Pad location. $20 dollars isn't horrible either.

ToyMachine78

I thought it was pretty cool. Especially useful for those that have an NES integrated with a modern entertainment platform.

Screens have become so large that seating is usually a ways from the tv table/entertainment center. So not having to worry about cords would be great.

Medic_wheat

It makes me want to take a ORM broken NES controllor and use it as a shell and stuff the guts from one of those witless controlled that mimic a NES controllor. Minutes those two extra buttons.

Medic_wheat

NecroPhile

Neato.  I'd love to have something like this for the Turbob.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 04/26/2016, 09:45 AMNeato.  I'd love to have something like this for the Turbob.
That would be great. As well as the Genesis.

It would make gaming so much more relaxing. Considering my son has broken a few controllers that were pluged in.

Duo_R

Ordered. This is way more affordable compared to Micros wireless controllers. But we need more supported systems!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

KnightWarrior

Would it cause lag if you play it on a LCD TV

TheClash603

Quote from: Duo_R on 04/29/2016, 12:52 AMOrdered. This is way more affordable compared to Micros wireless controllers. But we need more supported systems!
I almost ordered, but now I can let you be the guinea pig!  Please let us know how well it works.

csgx1

Seems pretty cool.  For some reason I've always been fascinated with old IR wireless controllers for various consoles no matter how bad they worked. 

As a kid I had the NES Acclaim wireless IR controller and I remember always losing connection because I couldn't sit still.  Back then, I was simply amazed that I was controlling a video game without any wires. :lol:

Interesting to see how well these work.  Would be cool if they made a receiver with more controller port plugs for multiple consoles.

Duo_R

For sure will let you know.

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/29/2016, 08:12 AM
Quote from: Duo_R on 04/29/2016, 12:52 AMOrdered. This is way more affordable compared to Micros wireless controllers. But we need more supported systems!
I almost ordered, but now I can let you be the guinea pig!  Please let us know how well it works.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Medic_wheat

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 04/29/2016, 03:44 AMWould it cause lag if you play it on a LCD TV
Good question.

Granted I belive without something like a Retron or upscaler like the coveted Framister I think connecting any old system like the NES will have some lag even with original controllers.

So I. That regard it might compound the issue. However I have a feeling this is targeted either at people with a Retron or original system with CRT.

Corredor X

An user at shmups forums already got his and said that he couldn't notice any lag using it with the SNES30 controller, sadly no details about which console or TV he used.

TDIRunner

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 04/29/2016, 03:44 AMWould it cause lag if you play it on a LCD TV
While potential lag is a possible issue, I wouldn't think the type of TV would matter.  If the controller itself is causing lag, I would think it would happen no matter what type of TV you are using. 

Of course LCD TVs may cause lag themselves if they do not have some type of "game mode," but this should be unrelated to the wireless controller.  It would happen no matter what type of controller you are using.

Unless your concern is that you have lag with your LCD TV AND your wireless controller that compounds into a situation that makes your game unplayable.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Groover

I enjoy playing on the accutal controller. I hate the extra buttons. However I still like the wireless nature of this. I am tempted to buy 2. I think what I need to push me over the edge would be an NES style controller. I see they make those as well. Also the Famicom style Arcade stick looks really nice.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Groover on 05/03/2016, 03:12 PMI enjoy playing on the accutal controller. I hate the extra buttons. However I still like the wireless nature of this. I am tempted to buy 2. I think what I need to push me over the edge would be an NES style controller. I see they make those as well. Also the Famicom style Arcade stick looks really nice.
Check out the link I posted where a guy modded a original NES controllor with the PCB from a PS3 controllor.

Groover

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/03/2016, 10:31 PMCheck out the link I posted where a guy modded a original NES controllor with the PCB from a PS3 controllor.
That is a cool video. I also didn't know about the mods for the PS3. I like that controller. Nice find of the video. Thanks for sharing it.
IMG