10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

WTB: 6 Complete US TG16/SuperCD games.

Started by goldenpp72, 06/06/2016, 08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenpp72

So I haven't posted on this forum often since collectors don't seem to get the warmest reception (I seemed to get a LITTLE slack since I actually play these games, but still). I however have had quite a bit of success utilizing this forum for purchases so I figured i'd go for another shot. Since i've come here I bought a refurbished Turboduo console from a really good seller here, and yesterday got into contact with another user and bought something like 3600 dollars of games from him. Those games are en route now and likely will be here by the end of the week.

I mention this for 2 reasons, first, to hopefully show that contacting me won't waste your time, and second, because I know a few of the things I ordered will have a few parts i'd not mind replacing. To that end i'll have to wait until the order comes in and comb through it all, so for now i'll focus on what I know.

Since you guys don't know me, for these versions I'm only going for the US releases and to have them entirely complete (so, cardboard box and all if applicable), and at least in very good shape (with some wear being fine, we'd just have to talk). There are a few things I could work on loose wise too as noted below.

I think that about covers it, so with that said, here are some things I know i'll have potential interest in, and i'll update it with a final list once I get this big order in and hopefully all goes well. I do hope once I (more or less) finish collecting that I might be able to take part in the discussion of games I'd like to play. The next game I want to play is Adventure Island, really big fan of that series elsewhere so I imagine this one will be great.

List to find

HuCard Stuff

Andre Panza Kick Boxing (I would need a nice box and/or manual for this, so open to any talk)
Bomberman 93 (have the whole set but box is damaged, so would focus on that)
Bonk 3 (need the outer box, unlikely to find)
Chase H.Q.
Chew Man Fu
Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
Shockman
World Class Tennis (I believe just a manual for this as mine has writing)

Super CD Stuff

The Dynastic Hero
Exile: Wicked Phenomenon (will just need the outer slip but if you had the whole thing let's talk)
Loom (would need a manual as mine has writing in it and other damage)
Syd Mead's Terra Forming

bob

goldenpp72

Hopefully no one, if there isn't anything relevant to post anyways.  [-X

bob

Quote from: goldenpp72 on 06/06/2016, 08:08 AM... I do hope once I (more or less) finish collecting that I might be able to take part in the discussion of games I'd like to play.
this line is awesome. 

Let me spend stupid amounts of money on boxes, books, and games, and THEN maybe i can talk about what i want to play.

this is like driving to the finish line of a marathon and THEN talking about how you would like to run one someday.

much respect, bruh.

goldenpp72

Well here's the thing, most people on the planet care about aesthetic to some extent. Be it how their home looks, their lawn, their car, their lover, or whatever. I buy my games with the primary intent being to play them (which is why I don't buy sealed titles unless they are equal value), but I also like to display them and create an environment I deem cool to be in while doing so. I did admittedly try starting the TG16 collecting by just doing the normal cases, but a nice (and demonic) individual sold me about 20 boxed ones and from there, the itch stuck. I'm not sure why people here often try to penalize others for that preference, as it basically comes off as a loser in a small club trying to push away as many people as they can out of spite sort of mentality.

This is where I play primarily, please note that every system is not only hooked up, but modified and all tunneled using ideal equipment to get the least amount of lag, the best sound and picture quality, and ease of use, at least that to what my knowledge could muster anyways. The primary intent for *me* is to play them, I don't just have a big room filled with boxed games hording them off from the planet while I laugh maniacally. However in a subforum about buying things, then yes, the idea of playing them falls to the side, strange right?

IMG

But then I look right and see this.

/lh3.googleusercontent.com/lost

I'm sorry if you find my choices in life suspect, be it because I enjoy playing these titles or because I prefer storing them in a nice method of display, but I also don't really care to hear the complaints of people who want to give me life advice with money. If you've never bought a nice looking car or ate at a nice fancy place, or vacationed somewhere just to see awesome sights, then sure, otherwise it would seem pretty hypocritical to dogpile on people who both adore the games on this platform, but also like to have them displayed.

I'm not saying i'm right, or the best, or anything, but if you want to split hairs one could argue there are much more efficient ways to play most of these games than on their original hardware, so I suppose anyone who has the console, or the cards, or anything is problematic by some logic? Not mine obviously.

This post was hopefully to diffuse the often dogpile mentality this seems to drag in, in reality I don't care a lot, and in the end the people who do have the stuff and want to sell will still get their money, hopefully that doesn't keep you awake at night. Just because you try to silence other sides doesn't mean they go away, I guess i'm not sure the end goal in trying to drive away a sect of enthusiast at this point in the game.

bob

lol, wut?

that one lone, red master system case looks horrible.

jtucci31

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Why do you play your games on a giant hdmi tv? Probably in 16:9.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

bob

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2016, 03:34 PMBooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Why do you play your games on a giant hdmi tv? Probably in 16:9.

because everything is at the top audio/video quality.  some forum told him to buy one.
I think it was nintendoage.

OR

he went to a store and said "I need a TV for 20+ year old consoles"
clerk said, "I have this one.  It comes with box and papers.  Even warranty card"

"SOLD!"

jtucci31

Quote from: gynt on 06/06/2016, 03:40 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/06/2016, 03:34 PMBooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Why do you play your games on a giant hdmi tv? Probably in 16:9.

because everything is at the top audio/video quality.  some forum told him to buy one.
I think it was nintendoage.
Oh gold plated hdmi cables?

sirhcman

goldenpp72

I use a framemeister upscaler which upscales TG titles very well, the Turbo duo is modified to output in Scart and then lead into the upscaler, and no, they are played in 4:3 aspect ratio. The upscaler introduces a minor lag, but due to the fact it then outputs in a native resolution the TV doesn't need to upscale, also removes lag the TV would have otherwise introduced. That particular panel is also a very low latency panel. As for why I use an HDTV, it's because the shelf life of older tube tvs is growing shorter and the ability to repair them more limited. I have a side setup with a tube tv as well with consoles hooked up to it, but it is primarily for Light gun shooters, pictured here:

/googleusercontent.com/lost

Crazy right, almost as if someone can rationally explain something without being a jerk about it. At least in my area, TV repair shops are all but dead and buried, and the market for decent tube tvs is drying up as well, I have a few spares, but don't want to bet my entire setup on them not breaking if that makes sense.

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2016, 03:42 PMWhat type/brand of shelving is that?
I'm not sure if you're genuinely inquiring or not, but i'll answer politely just in case. These particular bookshelves are sold at Ikea and are branded as just Billy if I recall. They are nice because despite the simple look are actually incredibly durable (in that you can double layer tons of stuff on it, they won't bow). Aside from that, the store sells additional shelving so you can add as much or little shelving per unit as you like. While i'm somewhat handy, I did not want to put up the shelving for as much stuff as I have (what I showed here was only a really small piece)

Gentlegamer

I hook my laptop up to my lcd tv to play emulators and get the same result without being a collectard.

If you're going to play the genuine thing, actually play the genuine thing. Which you can do through Turbo Everdrive and CD-Rs.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

goldenpp72

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 06/06/2016, 03:50 PMI hook my laptop up to my lcd tv to play emulators and get the same result without being a collectard.

If you're going to play the genuine thing, actually play the genuine thing. Which you can do through Turbo Everdrive and CD-Rs.
Emulation is certainly a very efficient and viable option for those who like to keep their setups lean and efficient, they are however not the same feeling as playing on authentic hardware. Though I am ignorant to how advanced TG emulation is, typically, emulation has issues with graphical glitches, sound issues, compatibility problems, or simply being outright wrong in their timing. I consider emulation to be a nice way to experience something but not typically the preferred way. I respect people who keep it minimal and simple as well, and don't consider you a.. Non collectard I guess. This is of course ignoring the entire legality of that method as well, but again, it's not my life or concern.

Kinda makes me wonder if there is a sect of collectors who considers non collectors retards, heh.

Medic_wheat

So I take it no one has what the OP is looking for.

Also to the OP:

1) nice set up. I enjoy seeing a well maintained gaming set up. Granted the neon lights would hurt my eyes if I tried to game in such a dark dimly light area. But also I guess I might just be old now a days.

2) jump in on the discussion!  This forum host great monthly threads on various turbo games for members to play or even re-play and talk about their experiences during the month said game is being played as a community.

We are not talking about another best or top what ever list. Just enjoy your games and throw your two cents around like its a whole dollar.

3) you know how this group is. They will respect you more if you give them a jab back then just taking the harassment. Not saying to be a dick in your response but throw a well timed joke back at the peanut crowd.

And FINALY

4) yo-momma.

Yeah. I went there. Do your worst !

NecroPhile

Quote from: goldenpp72 on 06/06/2016, 03:04 PMI'm not sure why people here often try to penalize others for that preference, as it basically comes off as a loser in a small club trying to push away as many people as they can out of spite sort of mentality.
Did you even bother to read gynt's post and the specific sentence he quoted?  He was mocking your outright refusal to discuss games until after you've bought every single title, not your decision to buy 'em all (boxed or otherwise).  Honestly, you come off sounding like just another leech looking to score some sweet deals while not contributing a damn thing to the community.

Quote from: goldenpp72 on 06/06/2016, 03:04 PMI also don't really care to hear the complaints of people who want to give me life advice with money.
Tough.   This isn't a one way street, especially not after you opened the thread by calling us out as a bunch of jerks and spewing a bunch of other crap that had little to do with buying games.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

goldenpp72

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/06/2016, 04:10 PMSo I take it no one has what the OP is looking for.

Also to the OP:

1) nice set up. I enjoy seeing a well maintained gaming set up. Granted the neon lights would hurt my eyes if I tried to game in such a dark dimly light area. But also I guess I might just be old now a days.

2) jump in on the discussion!  This forum host great monthly threads on various turbo games for members to play or even re-play and talk about their experiences during the month said game is being played as a community.

We are not talking about another best or top what ever list. Just enjoy your games and throw your two cents around like its a whole dollar.

3) you know how this group is. They will respect you more if you give them a jab back then just taking the harassment. Not saying to be a dick in your response but throw a well timed joke back at the peanut crowd.

And FINALY

4) yo-momma.

Yeah. I went there. Do your worst !
I agree, actually the photos were taken just for the sake of display, usually the lights are either dimmed or off, but if you've ever tried to photo lights you probably know it can be a bit sketchy. Definitely more of a show off/display aspect rather than practical. In fact, I believe on the CRT display area the lights actually interfered with the light guns when put bright, heh. As for mingling more, I mingle a bit on other forums, especially when I do get around to trying the stuff, unfortunately my reception here hasn't always been warm so, rather than fight constantly it's sometimes easier to just handle your business ya know?

There are some cool people here as I do lurk some, I guess i've just never seen a forum that cultivated a section of people who are literally angry about someone who collects something, the only rational reason I could see for it would be the raising expenses of it, but then that would imply they also would like to have it and can't because of price, making them collectards as well, I think?

Personally, I know some people who collect sealed and nothing more, they stuff the games on a shelf or in a tote and then leave them alone forever, I personally don't like that behavior as I believe it contradicts the entire spirit of the hobby (which is to play) but I guess I also see it as irrelevant to judge what others do. Some want a big closet of collectibles, some want nothing and just a lean setup, and others want a big elaborate setup filled with options, live and let live, I mean damn, I can overlook people who care about the amount of screws are in their cartridge vs another version, so I guess the idea of wanting a display box doesn't seem too crazy to me :p

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2016, 04:15 PM
Quote from: goldenpp72 on 06/06/2016, 03:04 PMI'm not sure why people here often try to penalize others for that preference, as it basically comes off as a loser in a small club trying to push away as many people as they can out of spite sort of mentality.
Did you even bother to read gynt's post and the specific sentence he quoted?  He was mocking your outright refusal to discuss games until after you've bought every single title, not your decision to buy 'em all (boxed or otherwise).  Honestly, you come off sounding like just another leech looking to score some sweet deals while not contributing a damn thing to the community.

Quote from: goldenpp72 on 06/06/2016, 03:04 PMI also don't really care to hear the complaints of people who want to give me life advice with money.
Tough.   This isn't a one way street, especially not after you opened the thread by calling us out as a bunch of jerks and spewing a bunch of other crap that had little to do with buying games.
I've beaten something like 6 or 7 of my TG16 titles up to this point (mind you that I only recently was able to both obtain and hook it up), if you look in the picture, you'll see I not only do not have a ton of TG16 stuff yet, but also do have a lot of other stuff that I do play, including modern games, along with doing other not game related things of course, like working, having a relationship, and other sorts of things people do. My primary purpose to coming to this forum was to find resources, information and of course to gather up the stuff I wanted. Also keep in mind, I only collect what I want to play, there are many TG games I ignore because it's not my genre or taste, no matter the deal.

Also, I do not think i've ever scored anything i'd call a deal on a forum ever, at best a minor discount due to lack of eBay fees and bulk purchase, but I haven't (to my knowledge) taken advantage of any 'sweet deals', in fact I would say this system has been the entire opposite of what one could define as a sweet deal.

In the end, if a person comes here looking to gain information, buy, sell, or whatever, and ends up being captivated by the members good sense of humor, enthusiasm, knowledge or whatever it is that brings us into the fold of a niche hobby like this, that is usually enough to help cultivate a healthy mentality to which people want to partake. If you have a chip on your shoulder and basically want to tell someone to go die in a fire, then yes, they are less likely to want to talk to you.

Part of the problem is likely that while I do love this system (it's basically the hidden city of my favorite generation ever) I do have a broad range of taste, and spread them out as my time can allow. I can't be extreme on every spectrum, and especially so when half of the forum (or more) will dogpile you the moment you mention you own cardboard.

esadajr

ahg I'm not reading all that. Storino is that you? Btw enter me in this raffle and PM sent
Gaming since 1985

esteban

Goldenpp72:

If you play some games, even non-PCE, and discuss your thoughts on them...you will become part of this community.

Otherwise, you may have a difficult time because, whether fairly or not, you will seen as someone with misplaced priorities.

Personally, I understand the fetish for the original boxes (obviously, not everyone agrees with me). If I could have all the boxes, I would love it.

Anyway...as I am sure you realized, this community/forum will rarely glorify lionize collecting unto itself (although the TITANIC thread about recently purchased games suggests otherwise)...

You have been warned. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: goldenpp72 on 06/06/2016, 04:17 PMMy primary purpose to coming to this forum was to find resources, information and of course to gather up the stuff I wanted.
This sums it all up. Who mentioned leech?

goldenpp72

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2016, 05:19 PM
Quote from: goldenpp72 on 06/06/2016, 04:17 PMMy primary purpose to coming to this forum was to find resources, information and of course to gather up the stuff I wanted.
Why else would people come to an enthusiast forum? To not gather info and resources? Perhaps a forum about not learning?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: goldenpp72 on 06/06/2016, 08:08 AMand yesterday got into contact with another user and bought something like 3600 dollars of games from him.
Which user?
IMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: goldenpp72 on 06/06/2016, 05:48 PM
Why else would people come to an enthusiast forum? To not gather info and resources? Perhaps a forum about not learning?
I guess when you say.... I mingle on other forums, but I joined here to drain you of resources and the stuff I need.... It doesn't come across well.

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

goldenpp72

I'm not sure why the user who sold me the goods would matter, since the culture here is confusing I would definitely not reveal who i'm dealing with, especially if they would be mistreated for whatever reason. If he (or she) chose to do so, then they can of course.

Anyways after this post i'm going to try and let this topic play whatever it's natural course is without my intervention, i've said my piece clearly no matter how people like to interpret it. while it would be nice for us all to get along it's very clear certain sorts of enthusiast are simply not welcome by a lot of the posters here. Though I appreciate a few of the kind words and advice shared here as well, you have to realize you're a small voice in a big crowd of people who will tell you you're dumb for collecting at all (emulation yes!), or you're dumb for collecting boxes, but other stuff is OK, or other various perspectives. It accumulates a single sort of venomous hive mind, despite the perspectives that get to that point being different, creating a confusing climate.

As an example of why this dynamic doesn't work, most people find enthusiast forums by suggestion and networking, in my case, a user on another forum advised me to come here to do exactly as I've tried to do, to learn, collect, and understand what the system was all about, in my case to further my experiences in the gaming sphere and witness a console that was kind of a massive gem that few saw.

In order to foster a user to want to stick around and converse with everyone, such as I do on the age line of forums or forums like gaf, etc, it requires the community to be something beyond the initial hook of the site. Most of these enthusiast forums have an infectious and fun community that is excited to see others becoming interested in their hobby. I had came here hoping to find the same sort of enthusiasm for a system i'm still learning about, but unfortunately instead get a bunch of angry people who for some reason take issue between what adults do with their goods and cash, despite supposedly not even caring about said goods (so if boxes are bad, don't worry what the dumb collectors do with them, I guess?)

What that really means is that no matter what a user like me does to partake in the community, a large portion of people will hate that you do what you do, which is total nonsense and an incredibly isolated cult like mentality. I do wish the forum was more accepting as it does narrow out places I can share my growing enthusiasm for the system with, but it is what it is. This system has an unfortunate lack of exposure on other sites, but any time i've dabbled my toes here to conduct business, it basically becomes a mob justice event over cardboard.

Hopefully when i'm able to dabble more into the lineup, I can take part in different discussions and not have someone bring up that I do indeed have boxes for these titles.

Otaking

Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

bob

see, the thing is, its hard for people to get on board with the "insta-tard".  buying everything, THEN wanting to learn about it.  you spent 3600 on a bunch of games you know nothing about?  resources are tight, man.  its a shrinking supply out there. 

you mentioned a couple times that you came here to "conduct business"?  i will just leave statement as it is.
lastly, you mentioned someplace about not owning sealed unless it has "same value".  not sure what that means or why it matters.  you are getting too hung up in the fake "market" it sounds like.

wildfruit

Have you played settlers 2 for DOS? It's pretty good.
Come back to me when you've rung the evil bell.

Otaking

Users, here's a tour of my game room, checkout the purple lights

TheClash603

Quote from: goldenpp72 on 06/06/2016, 03:50 PM

I use a framemeister upscaler which upscales TG titles very well, the Turbo duo is modified to output in Scart and then lead into the upscaler, and no, they are played in 4:3 aspect ratio. The upscaler introduces a minor lag, but due to the fact it then outputs in a native resolution the TV doesn't need to upscale, also removes lag the TV would have otherwise introduced. That particular panel is also a very low latency panel. As for why I use an HDTV, it's because the shelf life of older tube tvs is growing shorter and the ability to repair them more limited. I have a side setup with a tube tv as well with consoles hooked up to it, but it is primarily for Light gun shooters, pictured here:

/lost

Crazy right, almost as if someone can rationally explain something without being a jerk about it. At least in my area, TV repair shops are all but dead and buried, and the market for decent tube tvs is drying up as well, I have a few spares, but don't want to bet my entire setup on them not breaking if that makes sense.

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2016, 03:42 PMWhat type/brand of shelving is that?
I'm not sure if you're genuinely inquiring or not, but i'll answer politely just in case. These particular bookshelves are sold at Ikea and are branded as just Billy if I recall. They are nice because despite the simple look are actually incredibly durable (in that you can double layer tons of stuff on it, they won't bow). Aside from that, the store sells additional shelving so you can add as much or little shelving per unit as you like. While i'm somewhat handy, I did not want to put up the shelving for as much stuff as I have (what I showed here was only a really small piece)
I bet your shelves would buckle if you put a nice CRT and a Laseractive on there.  I know every time I put my hand under my shelves it is at risk of collapse.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Otaking on 06/06/2016, 07:01 PMUsers here's a tour of my game room, checkout the purple lights
This is discriminatory towards user TR0N. Please delete post

CrackTiger

Quote from: goldenpp72 on 06/06/2016, 05:48 PM
To contribute, interact and share your experiences.

"Enthusiast" is a meaningless word without the associated interest. As has been pointed out to you since you got here, this is primarily a game enthusiast forum. Most people here appreciate all aspects of the Turbo/PCE world, but market/hoarding/hunting/profiting enthusiasm is limited to a handful of regulars.

Besides bragging, so far the only thing you've talked about wanting to contribute is cash for goods and buying Turbo games as fast as you can, while playing them insignificantly by comparison. That's fine, but why play dumb about all the attention (good or bad) you actively seek out from a game enthusiast forum? Why not just embrace your unashamed trolling?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

sirhcman

Quote from: goldenpp72 on 06/06/2016, 03:50 PMI'm not sure if you're genuinely inquiring or not, but i'll answer politely just in case. These particular bookshelves are sold at Ikea and are branded as just Billy if I recall. They are nice because despite the simple look are actually incredibly durable (in that you can double layer tons of stuff on it, they won't bow). Aside from that, the store sells additional shelving so you can add as much or little shelving per unit as you like. While i'm somewhat handy, I did not want to put up the shelving for as much stuff as I have (what I showed here was only a really small piece)
Thanks, I was actually curious. I was looking at the "Billy" shelving the other week on their site, I am in the market for new shelving for my gameroom!

geise

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/06/2016, 07:30 PMI bet your shelves would buckle if you put a nice CRT and a Laseractive on there.  I know every time I put my hand under my shelves it is at risk of collapse.
A risk one should be willing to take to play on a CRT.

jelloslug

esteban

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2016, 09:05 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/06/2016, 05:49 PM
Quote from: goldenpp72 on 06/06/2016, 08:08 AMand yesterday got into contact with another user and bought something like 3600 dollars of games from him.
Which user?
Me
Joking, I'm sure?

I wasn't gonna "Go after" said seller, just was curious. Thought maybe madboom resurfaced? I used to buy stuff from him sometimes, then after his whole "repro map mishap," he disappeared. Haven't heard from him. I thought maybe he killed himself.

I know a lot of people hate him now because of that whole thing that happened and stuff, but for a time he was pretty helpful to me and used to give me "deals" on some stuff. I know I wouldn't have a CIC Bonk 3 HuCARD if it wasn't for that shadow walker.

*sigh*

I feel at times that I miss more people than others have had the chance to know...

penispenispenis

IMG
IMG

gatsu25

I don't see any harm in somebody wanted to complete their collection.  He gets enjoyment out of it, whatever his reasons may be.  The Turbografx is expensive because it is hard stuff to find, and it is probably the best failed system to have ever existed.  It's not some conspiracy about people who are buying up all the games and screwing over the "real fans".

I honestly think its a bit sad that he is simply asking for the games he needs, and gets so much negativity.  I also don't think he needs to justify it like he has.

Some of this negativity towards collecting comes off as jealousy to me.

esteban

Quote from: gatsu25 on 06/07/2016, 05:10 AMI don't see any harm in somebody wanted to complete their collection.  He gets enjoyment out of it, whatever his reasons may be.  The Turbografx is expensive because it is hard stuff to find, and it is probably the best failed system to have ever existed.  It's not some conspiracy about people who are buying up all the games and screwing over the "real fans".

I honestly think its a bit sad that he is simply asking for the games he needs, and gets so much negativity.  I also don't think he needs to justify it like he has.

Some of this negativity towards collecting comes off as jealousy to me.
We don't know who he is, and he clearly hasn't taken the the time to get to know this forum.

Surely you understand that it takes time and effort to organically build relationships.

Tact (and an awareness of one's social surroundings) are still important, even in a forum.

:)

jelloslug

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/07/2016, 01:05 AMpenispenispenis

IMG
Nope, no bullshit. I have way too many things that just sit on shelves and don't get enjoyed.

jelloslug

Quote from: esteban on 06/07/2016, 07:55 AMWe don't know who he is, and he clearly hasn't taken the the time to get to know this forum.

Surely you understand that it takes time and effort to organically build relationships.

Tact (and an awareness of one's social surroundings) are still important, even in a forum.

Kinda like pissing on everyone that comes to this place that just wants to buy some games?

esteban

Quote from: guest on 06/07/2016, 08:20 AM
Quote from: esteban on 06/07/2016, 07:55 AMWe don't know who he is, and he clearly hasn't taken the the time to get to know this forum.

Kinda like pissing on everyone that comes to this place that just wants to buy some games?
NEWS FLASH: We are NOT a merchant. We have no obligation to "serve customers" and no mantra that "the customer is always right".

You do understand that TREATING THIS FORUM AS MERELY A MARKETPLACE is fundamentally misunderstanding *everything* and therefore rude/tactless/offensive.

Thank you :)

To the extent that we have a marketplace, it is a courtesy  for members here.

Folks who do not understand this can certainly go to other venues (where other sellers will gladly take their money).

Otaking

I personally think it's absolutely fine to want boxed complete games or even go for a complete set.
But as I've said before I think there should be an enforced post count requirement before you can access/view the trades (buy and sell) sections of the forum. This restriction is in place on most of the other forums I go on.

EDIT:
I also think this place would be generally much, much more busy if you restricted access to the trades forums. I honestly think 95% of new members that join, do so to check the trades section and look for a "sweet deal". If these new members had to make 100 posts before they could see the trades sections, by the time they hit a 100 posts they would become invested in forum conversations and following forum topics and become a regular member.

EDIT:
There was a forum poll that ended in favour of a restriction but the restriction was never implemented.
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=19974.0

jelloslug

Quote from: esteban on 06/07/2016, 08:35 AMNEWS FLASH: We are NOT a merchant. We have no obligation to "serve customers" and no mantra that "the customer is always right".

You do understand that TREATING THIS FORUM AS MERELY A MARKETPLACE is fundamentally misunderstanding *everything* and therefore rude/tactless/offensive.

Thank you :)

To the extent that we have a marketplace, it is a courtesy  for members here.

Folks who do not understand this can certainly go to other venues (where other sellers will gladly take their money).
Talk about missing the point completely...  Why would this guy even want to "get to know the community" when everyone here acts like an elitist asshole...

geise

Quote from: guest on 06/07/2016, 09:51 AMWhy would this guy even want to "get to know the community" when everyone here acts like an elitist asshole...
Because we are elitist assholes, and for good reason.  Why help someone that wants stuff to complete his collection and then disappear.  Some things on the list he has but wants to replace cause of "writing" is kinda silly.  There's so much that's been given on these forums over the years only to have it abused.  It gets tiring.  New members and new turbo players really aren't ever going to understand the frustration.

VestCunt

I like how he spent $3,600 in one pop and still needs most of the rares.
#collectardfails
Topic Adjourned.

bob

i could honestly care less about what he "wants", its just lulz to poke fun.
the problem is the "insta-tard" of wanting to buy everything before he even plays or wants to talk about it.

WTB 15 COMPLETE games, "rarer" stuff. 

I mean, come on, the title was begging for this. 
his next thread will be "WTB: Riot Zone, must include outer box"

geise

Wait a few days and find him posting on other forums (probably nintendoage) about how we're all a bunch of assholes.

TheClash603

Quote from: geise on 06/07/2016, 10:36 AMWait a few days and find him posting on other forums (probably nintendoage) about how we're all a bunch of assholes.
I have a no PC-FX stance when I am on Grinder, but that is simply because of the way you look.  Your personalities are phenomenal.

CrackTiger

Quote from: geise on 06/07/2016, 10:36 AMWait a few days and find him posting on other forums (probably nintendoage) about how we're all a bunch of assholes.
Once again.

Until he eventually comes back for more shopping.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ginoscope

I don't understand why people come on here and are so annoyed by how this forum is.  This is not nintendoage so you shouldn't try and act like nintendoage here.  It's just seems like common courtesy that when you join a new group you learn the way the group is.  Then if you don't like it move on.  Trying to impose your ways is just not going to work.

I really like this forum and the people who come in here and contribute are treated fairly even when they are noobs and I have seen it.  The ones that just come on here and try to buy stuff without even introducing themselves are the annoying ones.