10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

CrackTiger

Even shady power sellers who use generic pics list Bonk 3 for only $500 or so.

What's crazy is that this is one of the legit "rarest" Turbo games, far more rare than Magical Chase. But the relatively common HuCard version has climbed up in price from $40 to hundreds of dollars while the CD game has stayed at relatively the same price the entire time.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

bob

Quote from: guest on 07/03/2016, 02:54 PMEven shady power sellers who use generic pics list Bonk 3 for only $500 or so.

What's crazy is that this is one of the legit "rarest" Turbo games, far more rare than Magical Chase. But the relatively common HuCard version has climbed up in price from $40 to hundreds of dollars while the CD game has stayed at relatively the same price the entire time.
somebody lucked out and recently got the CD for $120

CrackTiger

Quote from: gynt on 07/03/2016, 05:08 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 07/03/2016, 02:54 PMEven shady power sellers who use generic pics list Bonk 3 for only $500 or so.

Will we soon see a photo shoot of them washing it in the kitchen sink?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bob

lol.  nope.  wasnt me. i just saw it in the recent sold items.

wilykat

What's up with Turboexpress and GT?  Seems nowday they are going for over $300 recapped and there's a couple with box for $500.  It seems like the price doubled since I got my TE a year ago.  Kayne effect?

rxmage

Quote from: wilykat on 07/04/2016, 06:53 PMWhat's up with Turboexpress and GT?  Seems nowday they are going for over $300 recapped and there's a couple with box for $500.  It seems like the price doubled since I got my TE a year ago.  Kayne effect?
The Kayne Effect?

Is that when you are playing your TE and some random douchebag runs up, swipes it and starts ranting about how Beyonce deserves to play Turbo?

CrackTiger

Quote from: rxmage on 07/04/2016, 07:32 PM
Quote from: wilykat on 07/04/2016, 06:53 PMWhat's up with Turboexpress and GT?  Seems nowday they are going for over $300 recapped and there's a couple with box for $500.  It seems like the price doubled since I got my TE a year ago.  Kayne effect?
The Kayne Effect?

Is that when you are playing your TE and some random douchebag runs up, swipes it and starts ranting about how Beyonce deserves to play Turbo?
It's when Kanye West announces to the world that he's the biggest Turbo fan of all-time(!) and that the name of his upcoming album is "TurboGrafx-16".

CrackTiger

drewbrim

Quote from: gynt on 07/03/2016, 05:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/03/2016, 02:54 PMEven shady power sellers who use generic pics list Bonk 3 for only $500 or so.

Yeah he had dozens of games for that number.  Bonk 3, Might and Magic III, and Addams Family were all $120

bob

well this is gross.  asking at least 100 over value even if the box wasn't sent through the sewer.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/142048294376

CrackTiger

Quote from: gynt on 07/09/2016, 09:22 AMwell this is gross.  asking at least 100 over value even if the box wasn't sent through the sewer.

The pro-gouging essay in the description is gross. You can hear his smug voice and feel his facial expression while typing it, emanate across the internet.

bob

Quote from: guest on 07/09/2016, 12:36 PM
Quote from: gynt on 07/09/2016, 09:22 AMwell this is gross.  asking at least 100 over value even if the box wasn't sent through the sewer.

The pro-gouging essay in the description is gross. You can hear his smug voice and feel his facial expression while typing it, emanate across the internet.
willing to bet its somebody here.

esteban

Quote from: gynt on 07/09/2016, 01:19 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/09/2016, 12:36 PM

willing to bet its somebody here.
OK, I missed the description when I first looked at the auction.

I copied and pasted it below:

QuoteSo, here is something that is quite difficult to find in general, let alone with the outer cardboard box. This item is very much complete with the outer box, foam insert, the plastic case with end label, the Hucard, the manual, and the sleeve for the Hucard. This is one of the harder titles to find for this system that is growing immensely in cost, and hasn't had a sold listing in some time to my knowledge, so here's your shot :) The box and such do have some aspects of wear which I tried to photograph each angle so you may inspect, it's not mint, but it's pretty good :) Note I will ship this with signature confirmation, insurance, tracking and in a box to protect it.

Some notes about me, I am a collector and understand the disappointment of getting an item in not as described shape. I do a thorough look around my items for anything like sun fading, water damage, writing, stickers, scratches (on disc media), crinkling, crush damage, or other forms of damage both cosmetic or otherwise. In the event I do not detail damage, it just means there isn't really anything worth noting. Rest assured that the item I send you will match your hopes based on the ebay condition level and description given here!

Shipping cost stated is to the connected 48 US states, I accept paypal and will answer any questions promptly! I do have other listings and will work with you on combined shipping on a case to case basis, but I will always try to get you the best rate!

Thanks! I hope you enjoy!
So, that item description has some quotable lines in it!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

I got to "I am a collector...." and stopped reading.

Medic_wheat

Some people selling tattered worse down basicly "useless" box to a game. NES. SNES TG16 what have you to the point the box is worthless to most. Why for the love of god hike up the price?  The card bored is basicly worthless to a "collectors" who would want it. That leaves you with the casual gamer/collector. Who do not and will not pay for a premium for something that looks like t was used to while the sellers ass with.

rxmage

https://www.ebay.com/p/56276839?iid=112053086837
ebay.com/itm/Ghost-Manor-TurboGrafx-16-1992-/112053086837

Christ, you want $1200 and you can't even post photos of the actual item?
Only a stock photo screen shot is on the listing at the time of my posting.
I will watch in horror and disbelief if this actually sells.

bob

Quote from: rxmage on 07/10/2016, 08:49 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghost-Manor-TurboGrafx-16-1992-/112053086837?hash=item1a16e26a75:m:mQnXaPRxsg3fA-p6VJXQ7IA

best part is..."4 available"

esteban

Quote from: rxmage on 07/10/2016, 08:49 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghost-Manor-TurboGrafx-16-1992-/112053086837?hash=item1a16e26a75:m:mQnXaPRxsg3fA-p6VJXQ7IA

Yup.

From the item description:

QuoteI have four sealed copies of Ghost Manor for the TurboGrafx-16 system.  The shrink wrap is torn on all of them, but they are unopened and sealed in the box.  Please send any questions you may have about the item.  Thanks for looking and happy bidding!

mitsuman

I'm still floored every time by high dollar items like that and they still charge shipping for a game. FFS pony up $10 from your highway robbery price and ship it for free to the buyer.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: mitsuman on 07/10/2016, 09:38 PMI'm still floored every time by high dollar items like that and they still charge shipping for a game. FFS pony up $10 from your highway robbery price and ship it for free to the buyer.
No, personally hand deliver.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

neopolss

Nope, $10 media mail shipment.  Only the best...

BigusSchmuck

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122043065986
Hmmm...

Edit:
Started the bid at .99 there we be..

CrackTiger

That's a good deal, I'd have bought it if the BIN was $850.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/12/2016, 07:56 AMThat's a good deal, I'd have bought it if the BIN was $850.
Damn! I missed this!

I would have paid $950 BIN.

I sooooo badly want this.

PM sent! Hopefully we can work out a deal outside of eBay.

Gypsy

jonebone

Quote from: Gypsy on 07/13/2016, 07:51 PMNo turbo stuff, but someone linked me to the Saturn lot and just lol at this guy: http://www.ebay.com/sch/michael_gm/m.html?item=262517060704&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
You should see his IG then.  Thankfully he doesn't collect TG16.

https://www.instagram.com/michaelmartucc_/

Every other post is "Heavy Hitters!", "GEMS!", "Only ship $500 plus", etc.  Then you just string them together and throw in the words flash sale.

FLASH SALE, GEMS and HEAVY HITTERS, Only ship $500+, HOT DEALZ, 2 for $2000, ACT NOW!

CrackTiger

Gypsy

It's like he is trying to use all the awful buzz words that I hate. Just use lots of caps and exclamation points and maybe people will buy your overpriced shit I guess.  :roll:

Also just l o l at "Only ship $500+ 💎"

bob

looks like nintendo age is working on a new homepage

Medic_wheat

I love this listing for a BVM.

I honestly had to message him just to clarify he wasn't SELLING anythjng. Oh no. He allows you to rent his BVMs.

So yeah let's have multiple listings for items a person can pay to rent for a month pay for shipping and then pay to ship back or continue to pay monthly charges.

This confuses me as to me. eBay. Is a site used to SELL shit not rent. This isn't some sort of renters agreement site. They do co-sign shit to be rented on a monthly bases.

Even then how would the seller even enforce this whole renting thing through eBay?  If I were to BUY something and pay for shipment. Guess what?  It's mine. If I want to rent something I'd go to a brick and motor store who typically pays for delivery and pick up. Or average it in the cost of rental as well as offer insurance.

IMG

IMG

Medic_wheat

I googled a bit. From what I can see eBay doesn't offer renting as an option and when the item listing transaction. Is completed it is considered sold.

So I think someone here can get a BVM for $450 or less best offer plus $150 shipping here.

Sure the seller might claim it was a rental but. Was a rental agreement ever signed?  Was a deposit ever made?  Was the platform used a seller buyer platform?  And lastly does the seller have a case against the buyer for "renting". I do not belive so.

Also calling yourself "Sony" what ever in hopes that you sould like a legitimate part of Sony which the BVM was manufactured by is probably not a smart move when it is more then likely you are not part of Sony company in any form.

Medic_wheat

So I actually called eBay just to see if this was even allowed. When I asked the rep says "yes you are correct this is a buyer and seller platform".

She looks up the item number.

Then does as a 180 and say "oh no this is a ligitmaite item on our website you can rent. If you look in the description it says one week rental."

I then ask how des renter liability work and who signs the rental agreement form?"  How am I protected as either the renter or rentee in this case?

Rep "you'd have to message the seller directly and ask these question. Just make sure all communication is kept in our eBay messenger and do not go to any links so if you have an issue eBay can assist you."

In my mind I only see this as a BIG issues. eBay essentially said to me "we have nothing set in place to regulate monitor or protect any parties involved and it is just to messaging on eBay for fine print details.

I do not see this as a smart or secure way to do business for anyone. Involved.

And paying $450 plus fright for a single week rental?  f that noise.

bob

Medic_wheat

Quote from: gynt on 07/14/2016, 10:59 AMnot much going on at work today?
Nope. We are suppose to go to manditory training for two days. Leaders developing leaders.

So you know. Fruit ninja time.

mitsuman

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/14/2016, 11:09 AMNope. We are suppose to go to manditory training for two days. Leaders developing leaders.

Is that the trust fall, rope ladder, talking circle kind of training?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: mitsuman on 07/14/2016, 11:15 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/14/2016, 11:09 AMNope. We are suppose to go to manditory training for two days. Leaders developing leaders.

Is that the trust fall, rope ladder, talking circle kind of training?
Truthfully it's some sort of classroom auditorium thing with leadership taking about how to grow and develop our careers should we want to become management

bob

calls the game, case, and manual all in great condition. 
0 feedback.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/262525675583

esteban

Quote from: gynt on 07/15/2016, 05:11 PMcalls the game, case, and manual all in great condition. 
0 feedback.

Hilarious.

I like the ventilation vents punched into the jewel case spine sticker.

Cyber Core is so HOT it's KOOL.

CrackTiger

Quote from: gynt on 07/15/2016, 05:11 PMcalls the game, case, and manual all in great condition. 
0 feedback.

Description with pics: dirty garbage.

BIN: $75

edit: they listed it like that after there were already a couple much nicer CIC copies on eBay with $55 BINs.

schweaty

Quote from: guest on 07/15/2016, 07:24 PM
0 feedback.

edit: they listed it like that after there were already a couple much nicer CIC copies on eBay with $55 BINs.
I'm just here for the denim crotch shots

bob

Quote from: schweaty on 07/17/2016, 09:38 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/15/2016, 07:24 PM
0 feedback.

I'm just here for the denim crotch shots
same seller took it to the next level...

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/262528043595

CrackTiger

At the bottom of the description, eBay showed a bunch "more like this" that are cheaper. :P

bob

CrackTiger

Quote from: gynt on 07/17/2016, 11:05 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/262529376966

$3600 "value"
lol

0 feedback
How is a BIN of $3500 for $3600 of crap "an amazingly priced bulk lot!", unless he is trolling?

esteban

csgx1

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ToyMachine78

These people just need to stop.... And couldn't be bothered to put a decent label on the case

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252465308251