OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

PCE CD Drive Replacement

Started by gusmoney, 07/19/2016, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gusmoney

The creator of the GDEmu and Rhea/Phoebe --SD card replacement boards of the optical drives-- for the Dreamcast and Saturn respectively has recently posted that work on a PCE device along those lines is progressing.

Have a look:

https://gdemu.wordpress.com/2016/07/16/aint-no-rest-for-the-wicked/

tbone3969

Cool stuff.  Hope to see this up and running in the future.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

esteban

I have faith that this will be completed by the time my hardware breaks down.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Johnpv

Considering the issues I've had with my CD drive on my Duo this is very much a welcome development.

NecroPhile

This is cool and all, but it's a bummer that it's for IFUs only.

Though lots more work and cost, the best solution would be a replacement for both the drive and the IFU.  A robot can dream.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

I actually just hopped on here to post about this. At least I saw this thread before making my own.  :D

Also I've never been happier that I went the IFU route.  :dance:

Trenton_net

Quote from: guest on 07/21/2016, 03:08 PMThis is cool and all, but it's a bummer that it's for IFUs only.

Though lots more work and cost, the best solution would be a replacement for both the drive and the IFU.  A robot can dream.  :mrgreen:
I was under the impression that this didn't need an IFU. All you need is a base PCE system that has a proper EXT port.

EDIT: Bah nevermind, I think this will indeed require an IFU. When I think about all the extra hardware the IFU provides, like save ram, SCSI like interface, etc, it would be a lot of work to replicate it.

ginoscope

I am really looking forward to this.  I got the Rhea for the Saturn from this guy and i love that thing.  It's awesome to play the Saturn like it's a cartridge system with no moving parts and so quiet.

It would be perfect if you can just plug and play it into the TGCD or cd-rom2 base unit.

TDIRunner

I'm also looking forward to this.  I've been very happy with my GDEmu.  It's not quite as user friendly as an Everdrive, but I was able to learn what I needed pretty quickly.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."