RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PSone LCD mounted on Tennokoe 2 mod

Started by turbokon, 08/15/2016, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbokon

You guys have already seen my psone lcd mod.  I couldn't always get a good solid connection and it was steady enough when attached to the pce.  Then I thought what about mounting it on the tennokoe 2 bank. 

IMG

IMG

IMG

There looks to be enough room to add an internal li-ion battery mod in the tennokoe bank so I will try that next.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

ToyMachine78

Please change your handle to Dr. Turbokon, and the title of this thread to Turbokon's Monster 😊

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

tbone3969

That thing is friggin sweet!!!

Hope you get the battery installed to make it fully portable.  That will be the tits.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

NecroPhile

Nice!  Now you need a couple PCE logo stickers to hide the PS one branding.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turbokon

Quote from: guest on 08/16/2016, 09:30 AMNice!  Now you need a couple PCE logo stickers to hide the PS one branding.  :mrgreen:
That's a good idea.  I'm gonna take a que from estaban and call it PCE LTOne

www.tg16pcemods.com

GohanX

Holy crap dude, that's amazing! That screen is pretty awesome too, I still keep my PSOne around because of it.

Vimtoman

That looks great. How much are those screens going for now?

Gypsy

Quote from: Vimtoman on 08/18/2016, 02:43 AMThat looks great. How much are those screens going for now?
$30-40 is the usual asking price on Ebay but with patience you can pretty much horde these for a lot less. I have a few and some PS2 screens lying around somewhere. Doubt I have any $ in them (acquired via lots).

Edit: Oh and this is pretty awesome, was neat to see.

Vimtoman

turbokon

Quote from: Vimtoman on 08/24/2016, 12:29 PMIs it RGB or composite video?
The psone lcd can take both rgb and composite.  For this setup, it's rgb.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Got it running on battery.  I put in two 3000mAh 3.7 lipo in series to get 7.4V.  Getting about an hour run time only. Will do an LED mod on the lcd next.

IMG

IMG

www.tg16pcemods.com

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

mackdanger

That's a really cool mod. I have been meaning to pick up one of those PS1 LCDs for a long time.
Check out "Skill Sets" my 1CC / No Death video series:
https://www.youtube.com/user/richardgalactic

LostFlunky

Quote from: esteban on 08/16/2016, 01:12 AMPCE LTone!!!!
That is hilarious. I name all laptops "xx-LT". It was loads of fun at work.