@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine

Started by sirhcman, 09/19/2016, 09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/26/2016, 01:16 PMSarumaru's had some kind of marketing background if I'm not mistaken ? Between his established store, brand, contacts, and promotional travels to conventions, etc. you can understand how this got off the ground and made it to this point.
Not just Sarumaru... Jesse Hernandez is the marketing and promotional magician behind-the-scenes, and the campaign had the backing and directorial expertise of Pyre Productions. Saru's connected af and that did indeed help a ton.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esadajr

Congrats on reaching the goal. I'm spreading the word as much as I can. There is a Spanish FB group I frequent and just told them about it. Either secure your copy or why not, make the Dreamcast version happen.
Gaming since 1985

Gredler

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/26/2016, 01:16 PMWell, first Kickstarter that I backed, I trust I won't be disappointed, right guys ?? ;)
Same here - don't let my first KS backing go to waste! :P

Quote from: guest on 09/26/2016, 01:22 PM
Quote from: Gredler on 09/26/2016, 12:56 PMI was not able to weigh in this morning, I'll have to follow up tomorrow, but it's not looking/feeling good from the amount of beers and food I had over the weekend. The weekdays are easy for me to not eat at work and be careful when I get home, but the weekends are rough to say the least - gluttonous fun -but rough on the diet.
Wrong thread, gomer.  :P
Thx, tabbed browsing before coffee and is not recommended! :)

jtucci31

Finally backed. Have been busy and away doing stuff. Can't wait to play the game and I'm so excited that it's already reached its goal! Congrats!!!!!!  =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

nopepper

This is my first Kickstarter as well, so hope this is worth it.

Congrats on meeting the goal!

CrackTiger

I started a thread for the kickstarter on sega-16. A lot of people there support kickstarters and homebrew, so hopefully they can help reach some of the stretch goals for Sega ports.

IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: esteban on 09/25/2016, 10:16 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/25/2016, 09:23 PMGamester81 scares me. :)
You're silly.

He's just a big, huggable, baby gorilla. :)

He has a kind of charm about him... like Lou Ferrigno... a simple, but sincere, growth-hormone-ingesting kind of charm.

I'm serious.
Except for love he showed the Retro VGS/Chameleon.

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 09/26/2016, 08:34 PMExcept for love he showed the Retro VGS/Chameleon.
That's not necessarily a bad thing though... a lot of people were hoping that that would actually happen, and CollectorVision was working on an exclusive game for it to support it and raise interest. Sadly, the game in question was... very subpar, to put it mildly... and didn't help its perception at all. Anthony and I tried to steer them in the right direction but I think it fell on deaf ears in the end.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: The Old Rover on 09/26/2016, 09:31 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/26/2016, 08:34 PMExcept for love he showed the Retro VGS/Chameleon.
That's not necessarily a bad thing though... a lot of people were hoping that that would actually happen, and CollectorVision was working on an exclusive game for it to support it and raise interest. Sadly, the game in question was... very subpar, to put it mildly... and didn't help its perception at all. Anthony and I tried to steer them in the right direction but I think it fell on deaf ears in the end.
I dunno, Gamester81 held on even after the incontrovertible proof ended up on AtariAge.

Not really trying to talk smack about the guy, he does come across like a genuinely nice guy in his videos, and I don't think he deliberately tried to fool people, but did he even ever really apologize for how long he kept up the love? I didn't see anything on his website indicating that.

OldRover

Some people are just stubborn, I guess... yours truly included. Just ask esteban. :lol:

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 09/26/2016, 08:34 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/25/2016, 10:16 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/25/2016, 09:23 PMGamester81 scares me. :)
You're silly.

He's just a big, huggable, baby gorilla. :)

He has a kind of charm about him... like Lou Ferrigno... a simple, but sincere, growth-hormone-ingesting kind of charm.

I'm serious.
Except for love he showed the Retro VGS/Chameleon.
Heh-heh, yeah, he bought the hype pretty good...

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=18831.msg424244#msg424244

Don't be that guy: "ctophil"...

See, when enough "ctophiles" are in a forum saying the same thing, there are those that would foolishly think it's some sort of "representative poll" of thousands of other people... I've seen many a good people fall into this trap...

Sometimes, if it's just a dozen people in a thread saying the same thing, you probably should ONLY just count those 12 people instead of thinking their voices represent thousands of other people that didn't have a damn thing to do with the thread or the idea conveyed therein, etc. Don't set the stage up for another knucklehead like Mike Kennedy to come along with his Atari Jaguar shells hoping to cash in...

P. S. NEVAH FORGET!!!

sirhcman

and.. back to the topic at hand.

284 backers
$18,967 pledged of $16,400 goal
9 days to go

HENSHIN ENGINE!

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 09/26/2016, 10:31 PMSome people are just stubborn, I guess... yours truly included. Just ask esteban. :lol:
Ha! I'm just as stubborn. :)

HATERS:

Anyway, about gamester81: I never said he was intelligent, but he seems sincere. I think gamester81 was betrayed by Mike Kennedy... So, we can judge gamester81 for his intelligence (or lack thereof), but I do not believe gamester81 would knowingly deceive people.

Again, I like the Lou Ferrigno-element of gamester81: simple, hairy, dedicated

For the record, I am irked by 99% of YouTube video game personalities, including gamester81.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 09/26/2016, 08:26 PMI started a thread for the kickstarter on sega-16. A lot of people there support kickstarters and homebrew, so hopefully they can help reach some of the stretch goals for Sega ports.

IMG
I hope this is put on the Kickstarter, because this is a slam dunk. Looks amazing, great job!

esteban

OldRover

The revised stage 2 is almost complete. Hopefully these images show up... they're hotlinked from FB. :P

Stage2a.jpg
facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10209652317532035
Stage2b.jpg
facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10209655415049471

...and we're now up to $19,348. :D

sirhcman

Looks good Rover, thanks for sharing the updates!

esadajr

so it's also a shooter! sweet! Is it March yet?
Gaming since 1985

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

sirhcman

NecroPhile

Oh, add the images to the campaign page.

I'm slow.

NightWolve

Yeah, how did Yuki fly on over to "Lucretia - Demon Princess" ??? Is there a working storyline for how this happens or just a case of throwing sprites around, adding more witch sprites to Lucretia ?? ;)

Quote from: guest on 09/26/2016, 09:39 PMI dunno, Gamester81 held on even after the incontrovertible proof ended up on AtariAge.

Not really trying to talk smack about the guy, he does come across like a genuinely nice guy in his videos, and I don't think he deliberately tried to fool people, but did he even ever really apologize for how long he kept up the love? I didn't see anything on his website indicating that.
Yeah, he apologized on Youtube and explained his relationship with Mike Kennedy, how he was approached, etc. Clear apology in the description, "I'm very sorry to the Atari Age community" and stating RetroVGS was beyond defending at that point. Guilty of being purty gullible/ignorant/naive (says so himself, same 3 words), buying into "the scheme dream of retroland," sure, but a deliberate scammer/con-man, no/nah.

Of course there's always a reluctance given pride to admit how badly you got egg on your face till the very end, many are guilty of this, but yeah... On the flipside, he kind of has it both ways in the video, he's angry with Pat the NES Punk who called it like it is, tries to give weasel counter-points/thoughts in his defense (what it is) - it's iffy...
We here at PCEFX BTW grew to love Mike Kennedy and his "winning team..." No other man has ever generated so much lulz at his expense and we thank him for the experience! I can't think or know of a more entertaining thread in the history of this forum than the RetroVGS one! :lol:

#RetroVGS! #ColecoChameleon! #NEVAH FORGET!

CrackTiger

QuoteYeah, how did Yuki fly on over to "Lucretia - Demon Princess" ??? Is there a working storyline for how this happens or just a case of throwing sprites around, adding more witch sprites to Lucretia ?? ;)
That Lucretia stage was a placeholder. The pics that Rover posted last are what the same stage looks like now, although some elements from that Lucretia stage have been used with different palettes. As you can see in the first pic, it's inspired by Cotton.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

OldRover

Here is a new build video with the revised stage graphics. It's not perfect just yet but it's getting close to completion.

NightWolve

Is that what they call a "fake parallax" effect implemented that I see ??? ;)

Another nice, interesting sound track for this stage BTW! :)

esteban

NightWolve

Yeah, and something else that is striking, the video is so smooth, clear, crisp, etc. I must know how it was recorded!!!

MotherGunner

Very cool.  Can't wait.

Kind of makes me wonder if they could have ported Cool Spot over to PC-TG.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

NightWolve

* 295 backers
* $20,030 pledged
* 8 days to go

Wow, they just crossed over the $20,000 mark!! Welcome to the big leagues, Rover!  =D>

Out of 295 backers, that averages ~$68 bucks per person.

OldRover

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/27/2016, 08:41 PMIs that what they call a "fake parallax" effect implemented that I see ??? ;)
This is indeed the "fake parallax" you speak of. :D Six layers of scrolling on the first part... made possible by using all four scroll() zones plus dynamic tiles and sprite overlays. Not too shabby for a system with only one background layer, eh? :)

The second part of the stage isn't 100% done yet... it will have gravestones similar to the ones in stage 1 of Lucretia. The second part is only three layers but due to sprite overlays, it'll look like typical multilayer parallax. :)

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/27/2016, 10:52 PMYeah, and something else that is striking, the video is so smooth, clear, crisp, etc. I must know how it was recorded!!!
mednafen has built-in video recording. I never use anything else. :)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: MotherGunner on 09/27/2016, 11:22 PMVery cool.  Can't wait.

Kind of makes me wonder if they could have ported Cool Spot over to PC-TG.
Yeah, right after they ported fuckin' Chester Cheeto.

lol, dork.

Though, the effect isn't "fake parallax", it's "fake layering".   As line scrolling at different rates is what parallax really is.

Everyone combines layers + parallax into one concept when that's not 100% accurate.

Achieving layering on PCE is effort.  Parallax itself is not.  It's balls easy.

anyway, good to see people are paying attention to PCE finally instead of the goddamn Sega, and Watermelon's stupid nonsense.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 09/28/2016, 04:34 AMAchieving layering on PCE is effort.  Parallax itself is not.  It's balls easy.
^^^ this. :D

cr8zykuban0

yo rover, the updated stage 2 graphics look awesome and they've almost reached their dreamcast port stretch goal!!! so stoked for saru studios!!!

CrackTiger

NecroPhile

Saru should've kept it as a vote for a disc based system.  I wanted to vote for PC-FX.

o.pwuaioc

Is the Dreamcast version going to be any different (aside from graphics/sound) than the PCE version?

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 09/29/2016, 03:20 PMIs the Dreamcast version going to be any different (aside from graphics/sound) than the PCE version?
I'm assuming that the graphics and sound will be the same, upscaled to 480p.

OldRover

Not only did we smash the stretch goal for the DC conversion, but someone actually took the top tier reward! I never expected that to actually go... but someone's gonna get a very awesome custom PC Engine. :)

The DC version is based on the PC version but as far as I know, it will have at least one exclusive feature in it.

NightWolve

Stretch goal has been smashed! Now that's what I like to hear! ;)

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 09/29/2016, 08:45 PMNot only did we smash the stretch goal for the DC conversion, but someone actually took the top tier reward! I never expected that to actually go... but someone's gonna get a very awesome custom PC Engine. :)

The DC version is based on the PC version but as far as I know, it will have at least one exclusive feature in it.
The DC version will feature a cameo from ______________.

NightWolve

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sarumaru/henshin-engine-the-game-pc-engine-tg-16-pc-steam

Hmmm...  :-k

$24,488...

6 days to go...

2nd stretch goal is $28,000...

Will we see another stretch goal smashed, that is the question ??

Oh, the suspense! I like! :)

PCE4EVAH, BRUTHA!!!!

sirhcman

341 backers
$24,534 pledged of $16,400 goal
5 days to go

To pledge go here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sarumaru/henshin-engine-the-game-pc-engine-tg-16-pc-steam

TheClash603

I bet you guys will be too busy buying Ferraris to finish the game, congrats!

esteban

NightWolve

Hm, noticed that 1 backer backed out, it went back down to 340 backers, and $24,488 (what's in my previous post) after sirhcman's post... Good jinxing job, sirhcman... ;)

OldRover

:lol:

That's ok though, we're still WAY over goal for the initial game and the DC conversion. :D

Krimstah

How hard would it be to Port over to the pc fx ?

OldRover

PC-FX homebrew is still in its infancy so it'll be awhile before such an option is viable. It's definitely something we've talked about before though.

sirhcman

344 backers 
$24,853 pledged of $16,400 
5 days to go

QuoteUpdate #11

Sep 30 2016

DC STRETCH GOAL MET!

6 likes
So in the last post I mentioned that we were well passed our funding goal and now we've even passed the DC stretch goal! THANKS EVERYONE! So I also re-iterated that the DC version would be coming later next year (also stated in the stretch goals section). However, I worded it in such a way that it has confused people who pledged for the PCE/Turbo and PC CD versions. These versions are still projected to be released by the end of March. and the DC version should be available right around Christmas time! Sorry for any confusion to those folks backing the original version of the game and thanks for your continued support! Remember to share! :)

- Saru

OldRover

Considering all the trolling over the DC conversion, the only reason I'm sticking it out is because of the actual fans who want the conversion made. It will be my first, last, and only DC project. If we didn't have so many people wanting a DC version, I'd vote to scrap it right now.