10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

WTB Laseractive NEC PAC.

Started by Asmikace, 11/28/2016, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmikace

Hello. First time user and owner of awesome Duo RX, happy to be on this website. I just acquired a Pioneer Laseractive awhile ago with the Sega PAC and now looking for the NEC PAC for a reasonable price. I rather get the Japanese one but if possible I could buy the US version for a reasonable price. I have good feedback on NintendoAge. Thanks for looking!

bob

cool story, bro.
welcome to the marketplace.

sirhcman

Quote from: Asmikace on 11/28/2016, 12:52 PMHello. First time user and owner of awesome Duo RX gappy to be on this website. I just acquired a Pioneer Laseractive awhile ago with the Sega PAC and now looking for the NEC PAC for a reasonable price. I rather get the Japanese one but if possible I could buy the US version for a reasonable price. I have good feedback on NintendoAge. Thanks for looking!
Good luck finding one. I have only ever seen a handful of them on this forum in the 5+ years I have been here and none of them were recent..

LostFlunky

Gappy is NOT on this website.

Asmikace

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 11/28/2016, 02:39 PMGappy is NOT on this website.
That what I get typing on my phone :P

Posting this in the PC Engine Thread.

esteban

I have a PAC for you. However, as you know, it is rather pricey. In fact, I currently have US PAC "like new" boxed. I will not humor low bids. Check out my profile "BurgerKong" at NintendoAge. Send me a message here (serious inquiries only).

Thank you,

BurgerThong
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Asmikace

Quote from: esteban on 11/28/2016, 08:12 PMI have a PAC for you. However, as you know, it is rather pricey. In fact, I currently have US PAC "like new" boxed. I will not humor low bids. Check out my profile "BurgerKong" at NintendoAge. Send me a message here (serious inquiries only).

Thank you,

BurgerThong
Thanks but I just want one, probably the Japanese one, with or without the controller for a reasonable price so I won't humor you.

esadajr

Quote from: Asmikace on 11/28/2016, 12:52 PM... I have good feedback on NintendoAge...
...'nuff said
Gaming since 1985

BlueBMW

A JP pac should cost you $250 to $300 depending of if its been recapped or not.  A US pac will run probably $700+ these days, maybe more.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bloufo

Seriously though, what do they go for nowadays? Not bothering about the box or whatever, just the unit itself.

So let's say an Japanese PAC, all caps replaced. What are we talking here? $300-350? More?

Edit: answer is above. lol

Asmikace

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/29/2016, 05:13 PMA JP pac should cost you $250 to $300 depending of if its been recapped or not.  A US pac will run probably $700+ these days, maybe more.
The most I want to pay is $400 shipped for a recapped Japanese one with the controller. The only Japanese one on ebay is for $435 with just the PAC. I did get an offer for a US PAC for 650$ recapped with the controller but I don't really want to pay the extra hundred dollars for it.

BlueBMW

Actual Laseractive controllers add a bit, so the $400 shipped is probably about right.  Theyre just uncommon.  There is one ebay seller, thekobos who can usually find them.  If you can look him up and shoot him a message with what you're looking for he may be able to help.  He's in Japan and can sometimes find stuff for a decent price.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/thekobos
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/29/2016, 06:55 PMActual Laseractive controllers add a bit, so the $400 shipped is probably about right.  Theyre just uncommon.  There is one ebay seller, thekobos who can usually find them.  If you can look him up and shoot him a message with what you're looking for he may be able to help.  He's in Japan and can sometimes find stuff for a decent price.

This is the guy that helped me find some of my LA stuff, I second the recommendation.  Prices quoted are all pretty accurate, but LA is a weird system in that there are likely only a few buyers for the stuff at any one time.  Due to this, prices will fluctuate more than for the more mainstream stuff.  For example, if there are only 2 guys actively searching out Zapping TV but they both really want it, price goes up.  Then after guy #1 buys the game, price goes down because no more demand.  I've seen this happen several times.

The best thing I can say is to get all the cheap games.  Stuff like Rocket Coaster, Virtual Cameraman 2, and Pyramid Patrol are all pretty good.  Time Gal and Road Prosecutor are great, but most people overlook the also fun cheaper stuff.

SuperDeadite

ROAD BLASTER PEOPLE.
ROAD BLASTER

Silly USA name change does not exist.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Asmikace

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/01/2016, 08:21 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/29/2016, 06:55 PMActual Laseractive controllers add a bit, so the $400 shipped is probably about right.  Theyre just uncommon.  There is one ebay seller, thekobos who can usually find them.  If you can look him up and shoot him a message with what you're looking for he may be able to help.  He's in Japan and can sometimes find stuff for a decent price.

This is the guy that helped me find some of my LA stuff, I second the recommendation.  Prices quoted are all pretty accurate, but LA is a weird system in that there are likely only a few buyers for the stuff at any one time.  Due to this, prices will fluctuate more than for the more mainstream stuff.  For example, if there are only 2 guys actively searching out Zapping TV but they both really want it, price goes up.  Then after guy #1 buys the game, price goes down because no more demand.  I've seen this happen several times.

The best thing I can say is to get all the cheap games.  Stuff like Rocket Coaster, Virtual Cameraman 2, and Pyramid Patrol are all pretty good.  Time Gal and Road Prosecutor are great, but most people overlook the also fun cheaper stuff.
I have Pyramid Patrol and Rocket Coaster and they are fun games especially Rocket Coaster. I have also Hyperion but I can't seem to avoid the one kill boss attacks since it hard to figure where the FMV hits your ship. I also have the US JB Harold Manhattan Requiem that I am dying to play with the NEC PAC, I really like Murder Club on the TGCD so I am hoping play it when I am hope for Christmas.

TheClash603

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 12/01/2016, 10:21 AMROAD BLASTER PEOPLE.
ROAD BLASTER

Road PROSECUTOR sounds so much more bad ass than blaster.

xcrement5x

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/02/2016, 12:26 AM
ROAD BLASTER

More like Road Prostituter, amirite?!  :-"
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 12/04/2016, 05:15 PM
ROAD BLASTER

That sounds amazing and with all the pr0n games on LA, it would fit right in.

Asmikace

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/04/2016, 06:55 PM
ROAD BLASTER

You got to love a system when its library consists of Voyeur and edutainment. I am just dying to play my copy of Manhattan Requiem and it seems like I will end up getting a Chicago Blues before getting that NEC for a reasonable price.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Asmikace on 12/11/2016, 08:39 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/04/2016, 06:55 PM
ROAD BLASTER

You got to love a system when its library consists of Voyeur and edutainment. I am just dying to play my copy of Manhattan Requiem and it seems like I will end up getting a Chicago Blues before getting that NEC for a reasonable price. 
Well, the NEC PAC isn't that rare, it's just kind of expensive.  BCB is pretty uncommon though.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

in99flames

I have enjoyed triad stone on my laseractive......road prostituter is up there right next to "beat em and eat em" for atari
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

ashrion

I sell one pac n1 japanese.
i buy new and use 2-3 times, complete in box, all, instructions plastic rear protection, pad new not use, box in 9.5/10, complete and perfect, is posible add 2-3 games ldromrom, vajra, dora dora paradise,

My blog entry of pac n1
http://x68k-pcengine.blogspot.com.es/2016/01/pcengine-modulo-laseractive-n1-pcengine.html