OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

BAH! HUMBUG.

Started by Medic_wheat, 12/07/2016, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

So let's talk Christmass movies, specials, and all those holiday movies for the other religions I don't celebrate in December.

Currently watching "The Santa Claws". The first movie to be was the best. He rest not so much.

Gredler

Every year my fiance and I watch "Love Actually" and "Die Hard". This year I am going to try to play through some Christmas games, see what Santlantian scores I can get and if I can beat Die Hard the most christmasy game of them all.

We got our tree decorated last night, and 90% of the decorations are up. The fireplace mantle is the last remaining bastion of decorating to do.

OldRover

The Nightmare Before Christmas is a staple around here.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Medic_wheat

I am planning the following line up not in this order.

Gremlins
Scroodged.
Die Hard
Black Christmas (directors cut)
Krampus 2015
Charlie Brown Christmas Special
The Grinch (animated/live action)
Miracle on 34th street (1947)
Christmass Vacation
A Christmas Story
Home Alone
It's a wonderful life (my mother watches it EVERY year)
Hard and Kumar 3
Friday after Next 3
Nightmare before Christmas
Tokyo Godfathers
Bad Santa 1 (haven't seen the latest one)

I feel like I am missing some other OBVIOUS choices.

Medic_wheat

I wonder what video games would also fit for the holidays. That are good.

Maybe borderlands Christmas DLC I got laying around.

esteban

He Man XMAS Special
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 12/07/2016, 08:16 PMHe Man XMAS Special
At lest you didn't say Starwars life day

Gredler

NiGHTs Christmas special is pretty rad

bob

santa claus is coming to town in a rediculous wii platformer that is fun to breeze through

i have already been watching a ton of christmas movies while i wrap presents.  i already have too many hours invested in wrapping that i am going crazy.

christmas vacation is a staple i will watch 20 times this season.  along with Elf and Year Without a Santa Claus.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Gredler on 12/07/2016, 08:42 PMNiGHTs Christmas special is pretty rad
I love the soundtrack from NiGHTS already, so Christmas NiGHTS is always a treat for me too.  Maybe I will pull that out and boot it up soon.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

gheebee

I like and will probably watch most of these sometime before the end of the month:

- Black Christmas (1974, maybe the remake too...)
- Silent Night, Deadly Night I & II
- Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale
- Don't Open Till Christmas
- Gremlins
- Christmas Vacation
- Christmas Evil
- Tales from the Crypt
- A Christmas Story (amuses me that this is from the guy who did Black Christmas...)
- BBC Ghost Stories for Christmas box set (even though they really have nothing to do with Christmas...)
- Bikini Bloodbath Christmas

...and probably some others that I'm not remembering right now.

So far I've watched:
- Krampus
- The Dorm that Dripped Blood

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/07/2016, 07:30 PMSo let's talk Christmass movies, specials, and all those holiday movies...
Hellraiser. :3
IMG

Gypsy

Diehard and Shenmue.

Also I greatly prefer the animated Grinch over the live action one.

bob

i find the netflix and amazon video (prime) selection really sucks for holiday movies.

NecroPhile

Christmas Vacation is a goody, and I'd like to catch Krampus some time.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

LostFlunky

Merry Christmas Mr. Bean

Gypsy

Quote from: gynt on 12/08/2016, 09:22 AMi find the netflix and amazon video (prime) selection really sucks for holiday movies.
About a week ago I checked out the prime "free" movie section in general and it just reinforced that I should keep my dvds and blus.

BlueBMW

Home Alone 1 and 2... every year.

Oh and the 1999 A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart... love it.

As far as games:

Christmas Nights of course
Banjo Kazooie - Freezeezy Peak
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Gypsy

First two Home Alone movies are damn fine Christmas flicks.

NecroPhile

Santlantean is the obvious x-mas game choice, but what else OBEY is there that's x-mas themed?  I think Seiya Monogatari is kinda x-mas-y.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/08/2016, 11:34 AMSantlantean is the obvious x-mas game choice, but what else OBEY is there that's x-mas themed?  I think Seiya Monogatari is kinda x-mas-y.
Exile has some neat stages with snowflakes falling through the window + Sadler is bundled up in a thick wool scarf.

gheebee

I forgot my favorite Christmas special of them all, the Trailer Park Boys Christmas Special!

esteban

Quote from: gheebee on 12/08/2016, 06:37 PMI forgot my favorite Christmas special of them all, the Trailer Park Boys Christmas Special!
I think I might rewatch the entire series. I can't believe I didn't give this series a chance sooner.

sirhcman

I typically have a tradition of watching A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas when I set up my tree. Unfortunately I haven't set up the tree this year so I don't know if I will get around to watching it :( Always love to watch Elf as well, that movie gives me the smiles every time! :D

Honorable mention: Seinfeld episode where Kramer's friend is trying to sway him to Communism, all the while he is the department store Santa and tries to sell the kids on his new found beliefs :)

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 12/09/2016, 11:33 AMA Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas, Elf as well..

Honorable mention: Seinfeld episode where Kramer's friend is trying to sway him to Communism, all the while he is the department store Santa and tries to sell the kids on his new found communism beliefs :)
That harold and kumar christmas is a banger, I had such low expectations when I saw it on dvd that it probably was enjoyable by those standards, but man I thought it was great. Elf is the agreed favorite "Christmas" movie in my household, just so good and we love that Will Ferral movie style.

We just recently saw that seinfeld episode as well, I had never watched the show beginning to end and neither has my fiance, so when this episode came on it ushered in christmas season for us and we started decorating the next day lol

geise

gheebee

Quote from: esteban on 12/09/2016, 07:09 AMI think I might rewatch the entire series. I can't believe I didn't give this series a chance sooner.
Definitely do that! Discovered and fell in love with the show around when season 3 was airing or just finished airing and have seen them all at least 6 times, they never get old for me and I consider it to be one of the absolute best TV shows I've ever seen. I love all the crude humor, profanity, and drugs and while it definitely isn't for everyone I feel like the show is well balanced for its recurring theme of sticking by your friends.

Also be sure to check out the Hearts of Dartmouth documentary if you can find it (was going to post a link but it appears Swearnet removed it from Youtube just like the original black and white movie even though they haven't bothered to put either on their pay site... :/ )!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: geise on 12/09/2016, 01:51 PMIMG
Saw they have this at bestbuy on blue rat at $14?  Might have. Even slightly more as it is steelbook edition.

TheClash603

Just watched Krampus for the first time last night.  Not something that will become annual viewing, but it's worth a watch for sure.

My annual picks are Scrooged and Gremlins.  My family always watches Christmas Vacation.

My tier two which I will do every year or two are It's a Wonderful Life, Silent Night Deadly Night, Home Alone, Ernest Saves Christmas, Jack Frost, Christmas Story, and Black Christmas.

gheebee

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/10/2016, 02:24 PMJack Frost
I revisited this the other day after I got the new BD, it's not a great movie but it's fun and the first 3000 BDs come with a cool lenticular cover similar to the original VHS release:

JackFrostBluRay1.jpg JackFrostBluRay2.jpg 

TheClash603

Quote from: gheebee on 12/10/2016, 02:55 PM
I revisited this the other day after I got the new BD, it's not a great movie but it's fun and the first 3000 BDs come with a cool lenticular cover similar to the original VHS release:
JackFrostBluRay1.jpg
I don't own on blu ray, might be time for an upgrade.

Serious question, what's the more influential shower scene?   Psycho or Jack Frost?

gheebee

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/10/2016, 03:09 PMI don't own on blu ray, might be time for an upgrade.
Serious question, what's the more influential shower scene?   Psycho or Jack Frost?
The BD is a pretty nice upgrade! I couldn't pick Jack Frost even if I really wanted to but I have wondered which scene is more ridiculous, the shower scene in Jack Frost or the tree scene in The Evil Dead. Are there actually movies that reference the Jack Frost shower scene?

TheClash603

Quote from: gheebee on 12/11/2016, 11:20 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/10/2016, 03:09 PMI don't own on blu ray, might be time for an upgrade.
The BD is a pretty nice upgrade! I couldn't pick Jack Frost even if I really wanted to but I have wondered which scene is more ridiculous, the shower scene in Jack Frost or the tree scene in The Evil Dead. Are there actually movies that reference the Jack Frost shower scene?
No.

:)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: gheebee on 12/10/2016, 02:55 PM
JackFrostBluRay1.jpg
As far as covers go that is cool.

bob

Quote from: geise on 12/09/2016, 01:51 PMIMG
i have watched this twice so far this season.  one of the very few "watchables" on netflix right now.

Gypsy

Watched Jingle All The Way tonight. Good family movie. :)

Gypsy

Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie Boogie's Song