RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What case do you use for your Turbo Express?

Started by SoulflySolid, 01/08/2017, 02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoulflySolid

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering what kind of a case works well for the Turbo Express?

Obviously not everyone is going to be using the garish pink neon bag, but I'm curious what works well for when you take the system with you.

bob

I don't have case.  I just keep mine out with my other consoles.
A lot of people used those cases with the modular foam pieces that you can position however you want it.

Bloufo

My bag looks orangy. Definitely not "garish pink".  :P

IMG

Serves me well. Has ample space as well for loose Hueys. I even have a TurboVision that fits nicely in there.

bob

somebody here, maybe fiftyquid, made a real nice custom case once.

blueraven

I got one of those small hard-cases from Fry's that have the customizable foam inserts.

SoulflySolid

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/08/2017, 03:02 PMMy bag looks orangy. Definitely not "garish pink". 
IMG
Serves me well. Has ample space as well for loose Hueys. I even have a TurboVision that fits nicely in there.
Dunno why I thought they were pink.

Arkhan Asylum

a really thick wool sock.

I'm not lying.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

I use a largish pistol case with custom cutouts in the foam.  It's big enough for the 'Express, tuner, ac adapter, dc adapter, and link cable.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SoulflySolid

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2017, 02:55 PMI use a largish pistol case with custom cutouts in the foam.  It's big enough for the 'Express, tuner, ac adapter, dc adapter, and link cable.
That's a good idea, I will look into that. Ideally I want something that can also carry the power adaptors.

Warbucks

I don't use a a case, it is just with my other systems..
Maybe, I should get a case lol.

hoobs88

I have the orange fannypack (like Bloufo has above) but I was also working on a custom case. I'll try to to post photos later if I remember.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

exodus

SoulflySolid

blueraven

Quote from: exodus on 01/10/2017, 05:57 PMI use a plastic bag. yolo
:lol: upvote

Quote from: SoulflySolid on 01/09/2017, 03:31 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/09/2017, 02:55 PMI use a largish pistol case with custom cutouts in the foam.  It's big enough for the 'Express, tuner, ac adapter, dc adapter, and link cable.
That's a good idea, I will look into that. Ideally I want something that can also carry the power adaptors.
Essentially the same thing I'm using except heavier duty.

esteban

I just keep the TurboExpress on my coffee table.

A barrel of AA batteries is a few feet away, next to the couch.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

blueraven

Quote from: esteban on 01/11/2017, 06:45 AMI just keep the TurboExpress on my coffee table.

Power supplies are rad

Bloufo

Quote from: blueraven on 01/11/2017, 07:43 AM
Quote from: esteban on 01/11/2017, 06:45 AMI just keep the TurboExpress on my coffee table.

Power supplies are rad
I love them power supplies. They never fail to remind me that my portable is not really that portable.  :P

esteban

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/11/2017, 08:00 AM
Quote from: blueraven on 01/11/2017, 07:43 AM

Power supplies are rad
I love them power supplies. They never fail to remind me that my portable is not really that portable.  :P
IMG

blueraven

esteban

Quote from: blueraven on 01/12/2017, 12:56 AMIMG
DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

The TurboExpress should never be constrained to a case!

IT MUST ALWAYS BE OUT, ready for action, generating a WALL OF SOUND.

blueraven

majors

I use an old Game Sak for Game Gear I assume:

/w556-h741-no
/w989-h742-no
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!