10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

First 3 games you played

Started by Serega81, 01/28/2017, 06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serega81

Since I'm on a trip down memory lane with my duo.. I thought I would ask this.. What was the first three games you ever played for your tg16/cdrom2/duo?

I bought my duo in 1994, and didn't play tg16 chip games until much later.. but the first three games I ever played were..

Exile Wicked Phenomenon
YS IV
Babel

What's your first three games ?
If you don't like how things are, change it!  You're not a tree!!!!

CrackTiger

I'm not going to go through the whole story again, but I was a biased Genesis owner at the time trying to convince myself that the TG-16 didn't even compare.

The three games which won me over and made the Turbo/PCE my favorite to this day were Dungeon Explorer, Neutopia and Keith Courage.

The graphics, sound and gameplay were everything I was looking for from Genesis games, but couldn't find.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bob

KC
VIGILANTE
VICTORY RUN

was hooked

EDIT:  i bet some of the people here still havent played three games for it.
we had the one guy hanging around who wanted a fullset before playing anything.

ToyMachine78

The ones I got for Christmas with the console:

Legendary Axe
Splatterhouse
Keith Courage

Edit: I approve this thread. Let's get back to games, and playing them. Too much recent drama on other stuff... Trump bashing, sexual fantasies for members sisters (DoxPhile debauchery), Kickstarter and developer douche-baggery, flipper roasting....

Let's make Pcenginefx great again!

ccovell

Hmm, this was a long time ago, but I think they were Keith Courage, Bonk's Adventure, and R-Type.

The next few were Ninja Spirit, Devil's Crush, and Super Star Soldier.

Michirin9801

I wasn't even born during the 4th generation, but I still managed to grow up with the SNES, and for the longest time didn't even know the TG-16/PCE was even a thing...

I discovered the system through the Wii's Virtual Console and my first game played was Dracula X Rondo of Blood and I was immediately hooked! I wanted to know everything about the system, started downloading games left and right for it, both for the Wii and for emulators, I don't remember which where my 2nd and 3rd games, but I believe they were Ninja Spirit (because of the 16 bit gems video) and maybe Bonk's Adventure? Or was it Super Star Soldier? I don't remember, I was playing a big bunch of TG-16 games at the time (and still am)

Unfortunately the prices are a little prohibitive, and I'm a broke college student, so I don't own anything for the system yet (unless you count Virtual Console games as 'owning' them, in which case I 'own' plenty)

TheClash603

The first TG16 games I played were all of the big ones that people who owned Genesis and SNES always wanted to play but couldn't.  When I went to my friend''s house who had TG16, I gravitated towards Bonk, Splatterhouse, and Cadash.

Mas

My first three games that I ever played were
Kieth courage
Dragon spirit
World class baseball

Keith Courage

Got my setup using Christmas money back in the day with the CD attachment and 4 games from a local pawn shop. Games included:

Keith courage
Fighting street
Monster Lair
Ys 1 and 2.

NightWolve

The TG-16 that I won included Keith Courage and Bloody Wolf, so I started with those. I probably hit Bloody Wolf first since it was the better looking action game and I loved Contra coming off the NES. I began rentals mostly, but don't remember what HuCards I got started with.

The Turbo Duo I bought for $99 with the 5 pack-in games when TTi did its clearance sale so I had Ys Book I&II, Gate of Thunder, Bonk I&II, Bomberman, and Ninja Spirit. I probably started with Gate of Thunder because I already rented and beat the Bonk series and it's a shooter I could get out of the way before starting an action RPG like Ys Book I&II.

NoSexGex

Bonks adventure was the only game we ever had, but man did we rock it
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

OldRover

My first game was Keith Courage, followed by Fantasy Zone. I am pretty sure my third game was Neutopia.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Magister

Lets see.  My first three Hucard games were:

Splatterhouse
Keith Courage
Dragon's Curse

My first three CD games were:

Y's I & II
Lords of Thunder
Valis II
This Space For Rent.

tbone3969

Bonk
Bloody Wolf
Splatterhouse
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

esteban

First 3 games = the first 3 I purchased =

CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER:

1. Keith Courage (duh!)
2. Blazing Lazers
(Legendary Axe)
(China Warrior)
(Vigilante)

I can't remember the  chronology of the actual third game...

Genesis:
1. Altered Beast
2. Golden Axe
3.  (Last Battle?)

(Jesus, again! It could have been a few different games for spot #3)

NES:
1. SMB
2. Excitebike
3. Popeye(?)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Bonk, Neutopia, Bloody Wolf

first ones I bought on my own were China Warrior, Fantasy Zone, and Keith Courage (because my aunt who owned the thing somehow didn't have it)
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Kaimega

For me it was:

Keith Courage
Fantasy Zone
Dragon's Curse

wildfruit

My first three were cratermaze, blazing lazers and yo bro. Quite the selection.

MisterCrash

1. Keith Courage
2. China Warrior
3. Splatterhouse

I used to keep my games arranged in chronological order, so I still remember the order up to a certain point. 4 was Blazing Lazers and 5 was R-Type.

I still remember the order of the first 30+ games I got for the NES as well.

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 01/29/2017, 10:50 AMMy first three were cratermaze, blazing lazers and yo bro. Quite the selection.
Best.
List.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Otaking

My first three were on October the 30th, 1987 at 12 noon

1. Dead of the Brain 1 & 2

2. Motteke Tamago

3 Tekipaki Wakin' Wakin' Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Serega81 on 01/28/2017, 06:46 PMSince I'm on a trip down memory lane with my duo.. I thought I would ask this.. What was the first three games you ever played for your tg16/cdrom2/duo?

I bought my duo in 1994, and didn't play tg16 chip games until much later.. but the first three games I ever played were..

Exile Wicked Phenomenon
YS IV
Babel

What's your first three games ?
In general not for my personal system but for the platform Keith Courage, Legendary Axe and Alien Crush

A year later when I got my system in Christmas of 1990 they were Bonk's Adventure, Keith Courage and JJ & Jeff.
--DragonmasterDan

CrackTiger

Quote from: Otaking on 01/29/2017, 07:38 PMMy first three were on October the 30th, 1987 at 12 noon

1. Dead of the Brain 1 & 2

2. Motteke Tamago

3  Tekipaki Wakin' Wakin' Love
Dead of the Brain 1 & 2 was released in 1999.

Motteke Tamago was "released" in 1997.

Tekipaki Wakin' Wakin' Love was released in 1997.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Gredler

Keith Courage, Bonks Adventure, Fantasy Zone

ParanoiaDragon

I think the first 3 were Bonk's Adventure, Keith Courage(or JJ & Jeff, not sure) & Legendary Axe.  Played them at a friends house before the night before heading to Disneyland.  The main one I remember playing was Bonk, that one sticks out most in my mind.
IMG

seieienbu

Blazing Lazers on the display model at a Dillard's electronics section sold me on the system.  I played Keith Courage next and then R Type shortly thereafter.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

JoshTurboTrollX

First paycheck from my first job in 1994 to pick up a used Duo!  First 3 games I played were Ninja Spirit,  Bonk's Adventure and Ys Book I$II
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

I played Keith, Bonk, Cyber Core, and others in in-store demos, but the first three I played on a system I owned were Ninja Spirit, Gate of Thunder, and Ys pack-ins for the TurboDuo.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gentlegamer

I don't remember which were my first three games, the first time I played TG-16 was emulated in Magic Engine in the late 90s.

The first three games I played "for real" were Dungeon Explorer, Neutopia, and Keith Courage.

Sidenote: My used TG-16 was $20 from ebay in 2007, and in like-new condition. Dungeon Explorer  and Neutopia were $15-20 shipped, Keith Courage $5.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

wildfruit

Quote from: esteban on 01/29/2017, 03:18 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 01/29/2017, 10:50 AMMy first three were cratermaze, blazing lazers and yo bro. Quite the selection.
Best.
List.

:)
Cratermaze does not get enough love.

Arkhan Asylum

That's because it's stupid and you should play the real version with Doraemon. huhuhuhu
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

johnnykonami

Keith Courage, Alien Crush, then I am pretty Sure Bonk's Adventure.  #4 was R-Type.  It was all pretty early on in the system's lifespan, I got Bonk when it came out.  I remember picking up R-type as a new game in our local flea market (Well, one of my parents did, I was a kid at the time.)  Keith and Alien Crush were Xmas presents along with the TG-16.  I still have to replace AC while it's still considered "common!"

SuperPlay

First on the PCE ... sure it was

Kato and Ken Chan
Kung Fu (The)
Gunhed

Koa Zo

Keith Courage was my first. I had yet to decide on what system to purchase and had ridden my bike to a newly constructed strip mall which had an audio video store, the store had a demo display of both a TG16 and a Genesis. Sorry to say here, the few minutes of KC I played swayed me to purchase the Genesis (one controller port of the TG16 also was a big factor).

Not too long into my ownership of the Genesis, I traded consoles (temporarily) with a neighbor for his TG16. Alien Crush and Dungeon Explorer taught me how to OBEY.

Arkhan Asylum

To me, if you didn't play China Warrior/TKF, you fucked up in life.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/30/2017, 12:41 PMThat's because it's stupid and you should play the real version with Doraemon. huhuhuhu
Booby Boys is the real version, Doraemon is the bastardization.

LostFlunky

The first I ever played was a display at an A&A Records in Halifax NS... Bonk's Adventure.

When I bought my own, I played Keith Courage 1st, then went to a game store and bought Galaga 90 and Bonk's Revenge.

MisterCrash

Quote from: guest on 01/30/2017, 02:09 PMBooby Boys is the real version, Doraemon is the bastardization.
I thought that was Booby Kids. Great music on the Famicom Booby Kids, by the way.

Digi.k

r-type I
yokai dochuki
bikkuriman world

xcrement5x

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

ccovell

Quote from: guest on 01/30/2017, 02:09 PMBooby Boys is the real version, Doraemon is the bastardization.
Kid no Hore Hore Daisakusen is the original that Cratermaze was based on.

Michirin9801

Quote from: ccovell on 01/30/2017, 07:24 PMKid no Hore Hore Daisakusen is the original that Cratermaze was based on.
I like the music better on the TurboGrafx-16...

780racer

Bonks revenge
Gate of Thunder
Blazing lazers

Dicer

Aside from KK which is an obvious one.

Blazing Lazers
JJ and Jeff
Legendary Axe

kosko99

Quite easy to me since it was "recent":

Gates of Thunder
Castlevania
Dragon Ball Z

So far so good (even thou Dragon Ball is quite weird to play...)

DeshDildo

Nobody I knew growing up owned or even talked about TG16.  I vaguely remember seeing stuff at Toys R Us when I was a wee lad.  NES was everything back then and then I moved on to Genesis after playing one at my friend's.

I didn't purchase my TG16 until 2010 or 2011 from Ebay CIB for like $70.  My list is still fresh in my mind.  Keith came with the console but a few weeks later I took a trip to Cleveland and found the next 2 at a resale shop (along with Metal Storm on NES for $15)

1.) Keith Courage
2.) Splatterhouse
3.) Bonk's Adventure

First CD game I owned and played through was Last Alert.  I originally cobbled together a CD dock with  Japanese CD-ROM2 for the sole purpose of buying Rondo.  I didn't find a deal on it for about a year so I also acquired Y's I&II and It Came from the Desert in the mean time.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

schadenfreude

For that console generation, I grew up with a SNES, did some Mega Drive exploration over the past few years, and only in the past few weeks have I started my PC Engine journey — hence my registration on this forum. It's about damn time!

Here are my first three games:
  • PC Genjin
  • Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo
  • Bomberman '94

ToyMachine78

Quote from: schadenfreude on 02/04/2017, 04:27 PMFor that console generation, I grew up with a SNES, did some Mega Drive exploration over the past few years, and only in the past few weeks have I started my PC Engine journey — hence my registration on this forum. It's about damn time!

Here are my first three games:
  • PC Genjin
  • Bomberman '94
Holy shit, love the avatar!

NoSexGex

Quote from: kosko99 on 01/31/2017, 06:54 AMDragon Ball Z

So far so good (even thou Dragon Ball is quite weird to play...)
Is that the one where you draw cards and it's RPG'ish
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Michirin9801

Quote from: schadenfreude on 02/04/2017, 04:27 PMHere are my first three games:
  • PC Genjin
  • Bomberman '94
What a great start!