10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PCE Baseball Games

Started by Gypsy, 05/07/2017, 10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gypsy

I've been derping around with World Stadium a lot lately and I was curious what everyone's favourite on the system is. Looking to grab a few more, preferably from different series to see how those are.

esteban

Don't play the simulation ACD one. It is PCE Mouse compatible. It is not my cup of tea.

:)

http://www.pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games/Eikan_wa_Kimi_ni.htm

Wait, I thought you asked for the *least* liked baseball game.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

Lol Este. That game looks crazy in depth. And yeah I just wanna play baseball, not worry about building a team and training the players and shit.  :dance:

Digi.k

Will dig up a few of my baseball games when I get back from Hong Kong

But I would also recommend the naxat stadium I think it was called

bob

power league is the best "arcadey" baseball series.

Keith Courage

I really like power league 3. Think it could be the music. I also like power league 5/93 and power league 1 just due to nostalgia.

World stadium games are pretty crappy. I haven't tried Kore ga baseball or THE PRO YAKYŪ series at all.

Gypsy

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/07/2017, 08:13 PMWill dig up a few of my baseball games when I get back from Hong Kong

But I would also recommend the naxat stadium I think it was called
Looked into it a bit, grabbed it off eBay, looking forward to playing it. Definitely interested on your input on these games.

Quote from: Keith Courage on 05/08/2017, 02:02 AMI really like power league 3. Think it could be the music. I also like power league 5/93 and power league 1 just due to nostalgia.

World stadium games are pretty crappy. I haven't tried Kore ga baseball or THE PRO YAKYŪ series at all.
Yeah it's got a lot of things I don't like. You have to just throw garbage offspeed stuff to get outs/avoid contact. Any kind of fastball the computer will just smoke if it's near the plate. Annoying to send runners back, maybe I'm missing something here because I can easily send them forward. Controlling fielders is annoying and you often can't get to balls in time anyway, unless it's a pop-up. Also sometimes the ball will just knock a player down, or hit them on the head. Lol.

I'll definitely try the later Power League games.

Winniez

So far I have had most fun with the Power League games. Nice arcadey baseball action.
Not a huge deal but the later games (I think the last 2 or 3) have a drawback in that they have all the menus in Japanese where as the first 4 or 5 games are partially in english. For that reason I find myself playing mostly the 3rd game.