OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

pc engine duo does not work

Started by rogecm, 05/31/2017, 09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogecm

Last time i turned on my pc engine duo it was working (around two weeks ago), now when i turned on it is not working anymore it stay stucked at screen that says " just a moment" and the game does not start, games in hu card are working fine but cd games stay stucked at this screen? Anybody knows what i have to do to solve this problem? The cd spins normal but it looks like the optical drive does not move

Keith Courage

So the disc spins up at a normal speed but won't load the game? Typically turning the V102 potentiometer on the motherboard slightly to the left fixes this.

However, before doing that I should ask if you have your DUO setup in a different room or in a different area than where it was before when it was working. Some other game systems could be causing CD drive interference.

rogecm

So the disc spins up at a normal speed but won't load the game? Typically turning the V102 potentiometer on the motherboard slightly to the left fixes this.

However, before doing that I should ask if you have your DUO setup in a different room or in a different area than where it was before when it was working. Some other game systems could be causing CD drive interference.

My pc engine duo is in the same place where is was working fine, i have some fear to turn this potentiometer and the things goes worse. should i need a multimeter to do this?

Keith Courage

no multimeter if you just make a small turn. Remember where the potentiometer was if things do not get better and turn it back. No big deal.

also, have the capacitors ever been changed? This is also a sign of capacitors or the CD lens possibly going bad.

highfroman

Quote from: rogecm on 06/01/2017, 06:53 AMSo the disc spins up at a normal speed but won't load the game? Typically turning the V102 potentiometer on the motherboard slightly to the left fixes this.

My pc engine duo is in the same place where is was working fine, i have some fear to turn this potentiometer and the things goes worse. should i need a multimeter to do this?
just make some marks on the potentiometer to mark where you started so you can always "reset" it back to where it was when you started