RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

TurboFest Tour 2017 - Second Stop VGS on July 29th!!

Started by chany60126, 04/26/2017, 10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chany60126

Turbo Fest is returning to Chicagoland!! The summertime classic is back with more fun and more games to play. Come take part in our exciting 5-player Battle Lode Runner and Bomberman 94 tourney matches. Then try to navigate the treacherous obstacles Darius Plus throws your way in this high scoring shooter tournament. Great prizes for the winners.

Tournament times are as follows:

Battle Lode Runner: 11 AM
Bomberman 94: 1 PM
Darius Plus: 3 PM

The event will take place July 29th at the Odeum Expo Center. The address is 1033 N. Villa Ave. Villa Park,IL. Villa Park is located a couple of miles west of Chicago. Turbo Fest is part of a retro-gaming convention called the Video Game Summit (VGS). The show, as well as Turbo Fest, will run from 10 AM-7 PM. There will be people selling retro games and many other tournaments for other consoles as well.

Admission to the convention is $10, but the price is well worth the admission. Entrance into our tournaments is 100% free. We would love to meet fellow T-16 enthusiasts such as yourselves. 

In comparison to MGC, the VGS is smaller. However, you will find that the gaming area is very spacious and can do a great job accommodating the awesomeness that is Turbo Fest. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Come spend the day with your PCEFX brethren.

Let's keep the good times rolling!
IMG

Flare65

esteban

WAIT! This date didn't interfere with my vacation... I might be able to go to Chicago! I have to figure out the best way to get there....

No promises.

But this date might work!

Quote(long drive)
That's what I have to figure out, too.

12 hour drive from NJ.

My recent 12-14 hour drive from NJ to South Carolina nearly killed me.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

roflmao

Man I wish I could make it this year, but it doesn't look like it'll pan out. So much fun!

chany60126

Quote from: esteban on 04/27/2017, 04:10 PMWAIT! This date didn't interfere with my vacation... I might be able to go to Chicago! I have to figure out the best way to get there....

No promises.

But this date might work!

12 hour drive from NJ.

My recent 12-14 hour drive from NJ to South Carolina nearly killed me.
This doesn't interfere with your annual Maine trip?!?!  :shock: <-Keeps fingers crossed! [-o&lt;

Quote from: guest on 04/29/2017, 12:54 AMMan I wish I could make it this year, but it doesn't look like it'll pan out. So much fun!
Thanks for the good words. Sorry you can't make it to VGS, but it was nice seeing you at MGC. :)

esteban

Chany: my trip to Maine is always within first two week of July...but this VGS is at end of month. :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

chany60126

Bump! Hopefully many of you guys will make plans to join us. :)

Bardoly

I missed out last year, but I think that I should be able to make it this year.

chany60126

Quote from: Bardoly on 06/20/2017, 07:51 AMI missed out last year, but I think that I should be able to make it this year.
We've missed you the last couple of years. I hope to see you return. Please remind Esther about this as well. :)

chany60126

Ooga-Bump! The VGS is almost here!

jtucci31

Can't wait and hope I can make it for a few hours this year! If only to gang up on Dan and take him the hell down.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 07/25/2017, 01:02 AMCan't wait and hope I can make it for a few hours this year! If only to gang up on Dan and take him the hell down.
Dan should be playing with a blindfold.  And have his hands tied behind his back.  And be in another room, perhaps the basement... And be tied to a chair!! And have to endure a lapdance by Nully.  Then someone SHOULD be able to beat him.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

chany60126

The prizes are here! If you place in first or second place in any of our tournaments, you can take home a trophy!

IMG

esteban

Best* wishes to all contestants!

Good** luck, comrades :)

*sans-dans
**sans-dragons

Bardoly

Well, I was able to get some much-needed practice in for Darius Plus and Battle Lode Runner.  Unfortunately, I'm still not very good at either...    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

At least I'm definitely coming, and bringing someone, too!  I'll see all of you there.

chany60126

Quote from: Bardoly on 07/28/2017, 03:21 AMWell, I was able to get some much-needed practice in for Darius Plus and Battle Lode Runner.  Unfortunately, I'm still not very good at either...    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

At least I'm definitely coming, and bringing someone, too!  I'll see all of you there.
Good to hear Bardoly! Looking forward to seeing you again. The more competition we have in the tournaments, the better!

Bardoly

Is there anything that it would help if I brought?  i.e. extra controllers, specific games, a system, etc...

esteban

Quote from: Bardoly on 07/28/2017, 11:45 PMIs there anything that it would help if I brought?  i.e. extra controllers, specific games, a system, etc...
Bring Hatris and then send it to me.

Thank you (I'm not joking).

:)

chany60126

Quote from: Bardoly on 07/28/2017, 11:45 PMIs there anything that it would help if I brought?  i.e. extra controllers, specific games, a system, etc...
If you have a Turbo Everdrive, that would come in handy, otherwise hardware-wise, we are good! Thanks!

Bardoly

Quote from: chany60126 on 07/29/2017, 07:03 AM
If you have a Turbo Everdrive, that would come in handy, otherwise hardware-wise, we are good! Thanks!
No Everdrive, just 600+ games.  Lol. Maybe one day I'll have to do a switch on that for space.

chany60126

Another fun year in the books! Thanks to all of you guys that stopped by. We shared some neat stories and had ourselves some very fun tournaments! 

To those who attended, feel free to comment about the event and/or the convention.

Here are several pictures I took at the show. Sorry, they are not the best quality. Hopefully others have pics to share as well.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Battle Lode Runner Second Place Winner: Bardoly's brother in law (Joshua)

IMG

Battle Lode Runner 1st Place Winner: DragonMasterDan

IMG

Bomberman '94 Second Place Winner: Jonathon (Non-PCEFXER)

IMG

Bomberman '94 First Place Winner: Alex (Non-PCEFXER)

IMG

Darius Plus Second Place Winner: Yours Truly

IMG

Darius Plus First Place Winner: Bardoly

IMG

Darius Score Chart: Bardoly and I were neck and neck in this tournament. He was able to edge me out. Congrats Bardoly, what an exciting match!  =D&gt; We both made it to the end boss on Zone K or the fifth stage.

IMG

Roundhead's Pizza gathering after the show:

IMG

jtucci31

Well I'm bummed I couldn't stay longer, but I'm glad I was still able to make it for some of the fun festivities! Was worth it to see some dude trying to sell a PCE LT for $1400 untested and uncapped, and an as-is untested Duo Monitor for $400.

CrackTiger

Looked like fun, thanks for the pics. Posts like these are likely the closest I'll come to a TurboFest.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keith Courage

Bummed I wasn't able to go. It seems like every year I have a wedding or an event of some sort that I already bought tickets for by the time I find out when TurboFest is happening. I'll get there eventually.

esteban

chany: DAT svengoolie, tho... :)

TurboFesters: I WISH I WAS THERE, if only to get last place in Battle Lode Runner (my kids are better than me)... also, I would have committed self-sacrifice* in Bomberman frequently (again, just ask my kids).

:)

Flare65

Quote from: guest on 08/02/2017, 02:09 PMWell I'm bummed I couldn't stay longer, but I'm glad I was still able to make it for some of the fun festivities! Was worth it to see some dude trying to sell a PCE LT for $1400 untested and uncapped, and an as-is untested Duo Monitor for $400.
I laughed at this as well.

Bardoly