Pics from Video Game Summit today

Started by Flare65, 07/29/2017, 04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flare65

Was at the VGS here in Chicagoland today.  Got smoked by Dan and the rest of the gang in the Battle Loadrunner tournament today.

Thought I would share some pics with ya'll.  Prices on on retro stuff continues to amaze me.  I doubt there will ever be a crash, but I do think there will be a market 'correction' or some kind of reset for some of these titles.  Quite a bit of TG16/PCE stuff for sale...much more than was at the Midwest Gaming Classic.

Anyway here they are:

EDIT:  Photobucket problems.

EDIT2:  Lets try this again.
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Flare65

Photo bucket is really starting to piss me off.  Anyone know a decent free service to host some photos?  At this point I'd even be willing to pay a few bucks a month for a decent service.

Dicer

sirhcman

Psycho Punch

I refuse to believe the "ULTRA RARE" price labels are real and not just some prank done for this thread.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/29/2017, 06:59 PMI refuse to believe the "ULTRA RARE" price labels are real and not just some prank done for this thread.
Holy shite.

Agreed.

...and it is written in a manner that seems almost "whimsical" if it weren't for the $$$$$.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NoSexGex

Oh wow a NES test cart. The control deck one too none the less
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Flare65

Quote from: esteban on 07/29/2017, 07:03 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/29/2017, 06:59 PMI refuse to believe the "ULTRA RARE" price labels are real and not just some prank done for this thread.
Holy shite.

Agreed.

...and it is written in a manner that seems almost "whimsical" if it weren't for the $$$$$.
I promise you those prices are real.  You can see them for yourself at Disc Replay in Downers Grove IL next to the Best Buy.

Gypsy

TR0N

Oh man those prices it's enough to make me faint :shock: Now i don't feel so bad just settling with reproductions of musha and tatsujin.Really,there's to much demand for retro games currently the market for it needs to die a painful death  :P
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

sirhcman

Quote from: Flare65 on 07/29/2017, 08:16 PMI promise you those prices are real.  You can see them for yourself at Disc Replay in Downers Grove IL next to the Best Buy.

I don't understand why anyone would go to a convention to buy anything anymore. You can buy from ebay for cheaper prices.

retro junkie

eBay prices don't look so bad now.  :-k

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: guest on 07/30/2017, 10:08 AM
Quote from: Flare65 on 07/29/2017, 08:16 PMI promise you those prices are real.  You can see them for yourself at Disc Replay in Downers Grove IL next to the Best Buy.

I don't understand why anyone would go to a convention to buy anything anymore. You can buy from ebay for cheaper prices.
Yep. Same with many stores around here, but at least a store typically has some sort of guarantee. With conventions, you're getting 100% fucked, both on prices and on accountability.

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 07/29/2017, 09:22 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 07/29/2017, 08:36 PMWho is who in the pics? :p
Two pics above "holy grail" you can see Dragonmaster Dan (long hair) standing by Chany, and the back of Matthius's head (is he saluting or does he have a headache?) ... didn't recognize anyone else.
Thats def not Matthius lol
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Keith Courage

These pictures remind me of old computer meet ups/swaps from back in the day.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/30/2017, 09:46 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 07/30/2017, 07:28 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/29/2017, 09:22 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 07/29/2017, 08:36 PMWho is who in the pics? :p
Two pics above "holy grail" you can see Dragonmaster Dan (long hair) standing by Chany, and the back of Matthius's head (is he saluting or does he have a headache?) ... didn't recognize anyone else.
Thats def not Matthius lol
Ah! But that is Chop5 at the far right!
The dude with the baseball cap and wiry hair? That dude is awesome. He's in a few of the Battle Lode Runner pics, yes? (See chany's pics)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 07/31/2017, 06:15 AMThe dude with the baseball cap and wiry hair? That dude is awesome. He's in a few of the Battle Lode Runner pics, yes? (See chany's pics)
That is not  Chop5
--DragonmasterDan

RNSpeed

Cool, nothing better than playing on the good old CRT Tv's  but damn! those prices  #-o

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 07/30/2017, 02:35 PM

Yep. Same with many stores around here, but at least a store typically has some sort of guarantee. With conventions, you're getting 100% fucked, both on prices and on accountability.
No joke.  A friend of mine got a CDX at a convention and it only worked like a handful of times before it stopped functioning for him. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

exodus

whoa, mighty final fight goes for that much now!? I'm glad I bought mine for $5.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 07/31/2017, 02:01 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/30/2017, 02:35 PM

No joke.  A friend of mine got a CDX at a convention and it only worked like a handful of times before it stopped functioning for him.
Seems like a good way for shady sellers to move non-working games/consoles...

TR0N

Quote from: exodus on 07/31/2017, 02:33 PMwhoa, mighty final fight goes for that much now!? I'm glad I bought mine for $5.
I'm just glad i just settle for the famicom version years ago in price it was cheaper.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec