Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

they cancelled the $20k listing.

now only 8 of the games are available for that incredible low price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162631127822

NecroPhile

That twat has no intention of selling a damn thing on ebay.  It's either lame bragging (look at my rarez!) or a lure for off ebay sales (possibly scams).

Look at his feedback: it's all as a buyer with not a single one from selling.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 08/14/2017, 09:36 AMThat twat has no intention of selling a damn thing on ebay.  It's either lame bragging (look at my rarez!) or a lure for off ebay sales (possibly scams).

Look at his feedback: it's all as a buyer with not a single one from selling.
Yep. I believe this idiot has been outed many times.

wiseau

NoSexGex

Quote from: wiseau on 08/16/2017, 05:58 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Bomberman-93-for-TurboGrafx-16-HuCard-and-sleeve-with-Custom-Game-Case-/222615395834?hash=item33d4e95dfa:g:Xn8AAOSwoa1ZlJ9p
and extra 60 bucks or so just for some cheap printer art, what are the chances that this will sell?
Ahhh I saw that, never seen a cover like that before. At first glance I thought it was the box cut out
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 08/16/2017, 07:02 PM
Quote from: wiseau on 08/16/2017, 05:58 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Bomberman-93-for-TurboGrafx-16-HuCard-and-sleeve-with-Custom-Game-Case-/222615395834?hash=item33d4e95dfa:g:Xn8AAOSwoa1ZlJ9p
and extra 60 bucks or so just for some cheap printer art, what are the chances that this will sell?
Ahhh I saw that, never seen a cover like that before. At first glance I thought it was the box cut out
I thought the same and had to take a second look.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

TelcoSurveyor

Quote from: bob on 08/14/2017, 08:11 AMthey cancelled the $20k listing.

now only 8 of the games are available for that incredible low price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162631127822
It's back up to $20k again. Can't imagine being so pathetic that bragging on eBay seems reasonable.
I'm the Wind, Baby!

seieienbu

I love that he put that misleading picture back in.  ...not that it's worth $20k even if it was all of those games.

NoSexGex

Someone with too much time deciding to troll eBay buyers i suppose..
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

o.pwuaioc

Mathius

NoSexGex

bob

xcrement5x

Lol, I was also expecting something along the lines of
"I know what this is worth and LOW BALLERS WILL BE BANNED!!!!"
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 08/31/2017, 10:22 PMLol, I was also expecting something along the lines of
"I know what this is worth and LOW BALLERS WILL BE BANNED!!!!"
Well, he can still add that in...and probably should. Lol.

Sparky

Haha... ya gex posted that from the asshat who posted this.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-TurboGrafx-16-sticker-labels-for-all-US-and-Hu-Cards-Only-One-On-EBay-/162652812459?hash=item25dedcf4ab%3Ag%3AZZsAAOSwrtVZpzVY&_trkparms=pageci%253Af49d0e0b-8e2f-11e7-a479-74dbd180a596%257Cparentrq%253A37a6bc2c15e0aa18f85c5825fffb46b8%257Ciid%253A2

I found out who the guy is and sent him a sober email :P
This is the first time this has ever happen since I have been selling them back around 2006.
Just surprised and disappointed, I guess it was bound to happen.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Ha!  That's great, gex.

Sparky: fuck that greedy cocksucker.  He can eat shit.

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2017, 04:27 AMHaha... ya gex posted that from the asshat who posted this.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-TurboGrafx-16-sticker-labels-for-all-US-and-Hu-Cards-Only-One-On-EBay-/162652812459?hash=item25dedcf4ab%3Ag%3AZZsAAOSwrtVZpzVY&_trkparms=pageci%253Af49d0e0b-8e2f-11e7-a479-74dbd180a596%257Cparentrq%253A37a6bc2c15e0aa18f85c5825fffb46b8%257Ciid%253A2

I found out who the guy is and sent him a sober email :P
This is the first time this has ever happen since I have been selling them back around 2006.
You should undercut him on ebay.. win win

NoSexGex

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2017, 04:27 AMThis is the first time this has ever happen since I have been selling them back around 2006.
I'm surprised it hasn't happened more frequently honestly.

I wanna punch a moose in the face every time I see an Atlantean/Mysterious Song sold on eBay for a ridiculous markup

NoSexGex

lololol he thinks i'm Sparky, love that he reached out to me

IMG

esteban

NecroPhile

"I'm just trying to get my money back!"

But he's asking $45 for what Sparky sells for $30.  Go suck a horse cock, buddy.

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 09/05/2017, 11:00 AM"I'm just trying to get my money back!"

But he's asking $45 for what Sparky sells for $30.  Go suck a horse cock, buddy.
I think it was $59.99 when I first saw it.

NoSexGex

I think he got drunk that night, he sent me 4 back to back messages while I was out. They're mildly funny, i'll post them when i'm home

NecroPhile

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magical-Chase-Game-Case-Turbografx-16-/282581766691?hash=item41cb2f9223:g:3CUAAOSwjJRZcqr~

There's two types of people in Kentucky: cousin-fuckin'-hillbillies and turbob-sticker-gougetards; which one are you?

bob

Quote from: guest on 09/05/2017, 05:07 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Magical-Chase-Game-Case-Turbografx-16-/282581766691?hash=item41cb2f9223:g:3CUAAOSwjJRZcqr~

There's two types of people in Kentucky: cousin-fuckin'-hillbillies and turbob-sticker-gougetards; which one are you?
and people who like skyline chili

esteban

IMG
 IMG
 IMG

Recycled from the AVGC thread because everyone needs a good laugh.

I may update this post with a list of the prices if I feel inspired (so post the title and asking price when discussing a game. Thanks!) the

seieienbu

Why would someone go to one of these to buy greater-than-ebay prices to probably buy something all-sales-final?

LostFlunky

Quote from: esteban on 09/11/2017, 04:47 PMIMG
 IMG
 IMG

Recycled from the AVGC thread because everyone needs a good laugh.

I may update this post with a list of the prices if I feel inspired (so post the title and asking price when discussing a game. Thanks!) the
I think I am going to recreate that picture. Lol

xcrement5x

Quote from: seieienbu on 09/11/2017, 07:59 PMWhy would someone go to one of these to buy greater-than-ebay prices to probably buy something all-sales-final?
Some people like the benefit of being able to fully inspect the condition of something instead of an online listing.  Some people have a budget to buy stuff like this in person for a con outing.

Personally, I never got the draw.  Every time I go to an anime convention I see all sorts of overpriced stuff and I groan watching the people spend $20 on something than costs like $5 or less if you know where to look.  If I see something I like at a con, I normally take a picture and research/buy it later when I get home.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 09/11/2017, 09:50 PMSome people like the benefit of being able to fully inspect the condition of something instead of an online listing.  Some people have a budget to buy stuff like this in person for a con outing.

Personally, I never got the draw.  Every time I go to an anime convention I see all sorts of overpriced stuff and I groan watching the people spend $20 on something than costs like $5 or less if you know where to look.  If I see something I like at a con, I normally take a picture and research/buy it later when I get home.
I do the same.  I'm actually more inclined to purchase something off of ebay if I'm in a location where I see whatever for a much larger price than the going rate.  I may be doing this out of spite for people trying to profiteer off the hobby in a super lazy way; it's hard to be sure.  In this particular case, I think these prices are completely ridiculous and deserve to be scoffed at.

Mathius

That guy can take that $250 Lords of thunder and shove it up his dingleberry encrusted ass. Sideways!

NoSexGex

He should at least be competitive with eBay BIN listings, as he's way over a lot of them..

seieienbu

Clicked the thread to see the responses then caught a glipse of the loose Deep Blue for $40.  I missed that last time.  That's the most outrageous thing in there imo.

esteban

Quote from: seieienbu on 09/12/2017, 04:13 PMClicked the thread to see the responses then caught a glipse of the loose Deep Blue for $40.  I missed that last time.  That's the most outrageous thing in there imo.
I love that you mentioned that, because I uttered that price outloud to Johnpv and shook my head: "Only $40 for a loose Deep Blue."

Insanity.

NoSexGex

Quote from: seieienbu on 09/12/2017, 04:13 PMClicked the thread to see the responses then caught a glipse of the loose Deep Blue for $40.  I missed that last time.  That's the most outrageous thing in there imo.
For a loose Deep Blue that's insane. Must have just priced quickly after he saw a listing on eBay for $40?

The Hero Tonma isn't even close to being realistic either. Our boi JBeebs has his CIB on eBay now for 1.4KUSD, and it looks to be in similar condition. Pricing an item $1,100 higher to a similar eBay BIN is just ridiculous. Especially considering the eBay/Paypal fees JB would have to pay IF it even sold for his asking price.

Like where did he even come up with $2,500 lol, I would genuinely like to know. Has one ever sold for that in the sad price history of Hero Tonma CIB? I can ever so slightly understand pricing Deep blue @40 just because of other idoits, but this genuinely has me at a loss. Where did he get $2,500USD from? Why not $5,400? Or how about $14,500? There's parameters here to work with, but the sellers greed is blinding.

CrackTiger

Guys like that are making the "fair market" prices slowly inflate by creating an artificial short supply by sitting on all of the games they're hording.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 09/12/2017, 07:12 PMGuys like that are making the "fair market" prices slowly inflate by creating an artificial short supply by sitting on all of the games they're hording.
And eventually, possibly, the  "fair market" price reaches the seller's asking price at which point the market decided that $2500 for Tonma was a real thing!  Thanks, resellers.

Gypsy

Quote from: seieienbu on 09/11/2017, 10:39 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/11/2017, 09:50 PMSome people like the benefit of being able to fully inspect the condition of something instead of an online listing.  Some people have a budget to buy stuff like this in person for a con outing.

I do the same.  I'm actually more inclined to purchase something off of ebay if I'm in a location where I see whatever for a much larger price than the going rate.  I may be doing this out of spite for people trying to profiteer off the hobby in a super lazy way; it's hard to be sure.  In this particular case, I think these prices are completely ridiculous and deserve to be scoffed at.
I certainly can't see purposefully paying more at a con. Definitely agree, why support it.

xcrement5x

I also wonder if con sellers price stuff higher because they know people are more likely to haggle too. 

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 09/15/2017, 04:59 PMI also wonder if con sellers price stuff higher because they know people are more likely to haggle too. 
That may well be the case but I can't imagine $2500 Legend of Tonma being haggled down to sub-ebay levels under any circumstance.

Napoli

You would think with them saving on PayPal and eBay fees the dealers would price their games a little lower.

Gypsy

They see people that already paid to get into the con as having rape my wallet signs on.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Napoli on 09/15/2017, 08:30 PMYou would think with them saving on PayPal and eBay fees the dealers would price their games a little lower.
hmmmmmmm ..... Some of the higher prices are to deter those that at both cons and in-store would come in and wipe them out to flip them. Some items are not meant to be sold but are there more as LOOK we have rare games. etc. Some are just because eventually, someone may buy it, to show off to everyone at the Con. I remember similar practices by the vendors for football and baseball cards before the crash. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

retro junkie

Quote from: bob on 09/05/2017, 08:06 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/05/2017, 05:07 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Magical-Chase-Game-Case-Turbografx-16-/282581766691?hash=item41cb2f9223:g:3CUAAOSwjJRZcqr~

and people who like skyline chili
:-k Hey wait a minute, I live in Kentucky..................but I do live in the CITY!! Not in the hills or country. So that might make a difference. Right?  8-[ 8-[

I wonder if this guy has the plastic wrap to go with that. It would make it more authentic.

turboswimbz

Quote from: PCEngineTrev on 09/21/2017, 05:22 AMIts a nice complete set up, but nearly $600??
I wish I felt this was extreme, but this is the third one I've seen in the last 48 hours going for 600 shipped with the case in decent condition.  and I'm not sure it's that far out there considering . . .  :(  :(  :(   I mean a fair price seems to be 400 - 500 normally.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

in99flames

I have to agree....sadly its not too far out of whack. The suitcase and turbo with dock and cd unit(presumably working) can go for 300+. Add in a turbo tap, more controllers, an oem power cord...manuals....yea between 400 and 500 isnt that unreasonable unfortunately.  I have that setup. I have a US system card 3.0 CIC as well. I cant believe how much the US version of that sells for. Its just too pricey.
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)