What games did you wish had been ported to the PCE/TG-16?

Started by sanjo, 06/27/2017, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSexGex

Wow Ninja golf looks hilarious, another reason to get a 7800
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/11/2017, 05:54 PMWow Ninja golf looks hilarious, another reason to get a 7800
Ninja on the green.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

sanjo

Speaking of Samurai Showdown,
would the PCE have problems including the entire roster?
Both the Genesis and the Sega-CD versions (programmed by two totally different teams with different results) removed Earthquake. Perhaps too large to handle?
the SNES version had him but the sprites were scaled down significantly.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

^ Ninja Bat Boy (whatever!) looks fun. I have not played it (not that I remember).

MY WISH (for a PCE port):

IMG

IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: sanjo on 07/13/2017, 07:00 PMSpeaking of Samurai Showdown,
would the PCE have problems including the entire roster?
Both the Genesis and the Sega-CD versions (programmed by two totally different teams with different results) removed Earthquake. Perhaps too large to handle?
the SNES version had him but the sprites were scaled down significantly.
A massive HuCard or ACD version would be fine. Backgrounds would likely have had limited parallax, but they could have included an option to turn on zooming using resolution jumps like Art of Fighting did. It would be cool to see what it would look like with several rapid incremental jumps in resolution.

Games like China Warrior and Bonk 3 show how a couple massive sprites are no problem for the hardware and several ACD games show how well the PCE can do lots of sprite animation at once in action scenes without slowing down.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

exodus

NoSexGex

Ninja Baseball Batman !! Ahhhhhh good pick

I remember watching the AVGN review back in 2011 late at night . I came home from a party or something and was really high, needless to say I had to play it. Tried to buy it on Xbox live/download one of those Xbox 360 arcade classics compilation, but had no luck.

Just reading the wiki on it now, it looks like irem was the pub/dev too.  So this would have been completely feasible. Honestly I would have preferred this over something like Hero Tonma, I hate to use Tonma as an example but I can't think of anything lesser that irem brought to the PCE (that I've heard of). Even though I like Tonma.

I do remember recently though being surprised of a bad title irem published, I can't think of it for the life of me now. Don't think it was on the PCE, can't find it on any lists either. So maybe i'm mistaken.
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

CrackTiger

Quote from: NoSexGex on 07/17/2017, 03:43 PMNinja Baseball Batman !! Ahhhhhh good pick

I remember watching the AVGN review back in 2011 late at night . I came home from a party or something and was really high, needless to say I had to play it. Tried to buy it on Xbox live/download one of those Xbox 360 arcade classics compilation, but had no luck.

Just reading the wiki on it now, it looks like irem was the pub/dev too.  So this would have been completely feasible. Honestly I would have preferred this over something like Hero Tonma, I hate to use Tonma as an example but I can't think of anything lesser that irem brought to the PCE (that I've heard of). Even though I like Tonma.

I do remember recently though being surprised of a bad title irem published, I can't think of it for the life of me now. Don't think it was on the PCE, can't find it on any lists either. So maybe i'm mistaken.
I didn't realize you were such a big Racing Damashi and Eiyu Songokushi fan.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NoSexGex

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 07/17/2017, 03:43 PMNinja Baseball Batman !! Ahhhhhh good pick

Before avgn did a look at it i discover the game through mame.Such a quirky beat'em up by irem then again,ninja baseball batman should have a had a port to consoles to begin with.Like i said you can play it in mame via pc or on a modded xbox.
IMG

Digi.k

Gredler

EmperorIng

I am thinking that, given its release, a port of Rastan would have been feasible. However, Taito could in no way half-ass it like they did with New Zealand Story, or make it cartoony like Cadash. It would need to be meaty and manly, like the game itself. Preferably with big booming bass tones to capture Rastan's epic soundtrack.

I think the PCE could have done it.

It will be an eternal mystery to me why it is the awful, terrible, total-garbage Rastan II that ended up being ported multiple times, with the superior first game left to languish on the Master System alone.

esteban

Quote from: EmperorIng on 09/14/2017, 10:49 PMI am thinking that, given its release, a port of Rastan would have been feasible. However, Taito could in no way half-ass it like they did with New Zealand Story, or make it cartoony like Cadash. It would need to be meaty and manly, like the game itself. Preferably with big booming bass tones to capture Rastan's epic soundtrack.

I think the PCE could have done it.

It will be an eternal mystery to me why it is the awful, terrible, total-garbage Rastan II that ended up being ported multiple times, with the superior first game left to languish on the Master System alone.
The Lynx had a decent (hey, it was fun!) port of Rastan. Obviously not the same as getting a home port.

Perhaps Rastan might have been seen as too monotonous/samey for a home console (it does get repetitive)?

The second game certainly followed a formula (stage structure) that echoed the games folks were buying at the time.

I know a lot of games/genres could be thrown into this category (repetitive)...so why was Rastan given so little attention?

We've come full circle: it makes no sense.

Nonsense.

ccovell

Quote from: esteban on 09/15/2017, 06:37 AMThe Lynx had a decent (hey, it was fun!) port of Rastan. Obviously not the same as getting a home port.
I think you may be confusing Rastan with Rygar.  The SMS & Game Gear got a port of the first Rastan game, but the Lynx certainly didn't

esteban

Quote from: ccovell on 09/15/2017, 10:10 AM
Quote from: esteban on 09/15/2017, 06:37 AMThe Lynx had a decent (hey, it was fun!) port of Rastan. Obviously not the same as getting a home port.
I think you may be confusing Rastan with Rygar.  The SMS & Game Gear got a port of the first Rastan game, but the Lynx certainly didn't
Rygar!

Whoops.

I shouldn't post before coffee.

:)

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 09/15/2017, 04:09 PM
Rygar!
Yeah, excellent choice, I loved that NES game as a kid. I wasted many quarters on the arcade too, then when I tried the arcade emulator I saw a big difference in default difficulty, I realized the bastards who had the arcade had maxed out the difficulty to the hard-as-f#ck-take-10-quarters-to-beat-level-one setting...

Anyway, the action RPG hybrid port for home consoles was a pleasant surprise. At first I was disappointed it departed from the arcade design I knew already, but then I grew to like it much more. Last boss and level is eerie and music was fitting all around. A high color version upgrade on TG-16 of the NES version would've been sweet!

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/15/2017, 05:04 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/15/2017, 04:09 PM
Rygar!
Yeah, excellent choice, I loved that NES game as a kid. I wasted many quarters on the arcade too, then when I tried the arcade emulator I saw a big difference in default difficulty, I realized the bastards who had the arcade had maxed out the difficulty to the hard-as-f#ck-take-10-quarters-to-beat-level-one setting...

Anyway, the action RPG hybrid port for home consoles was a pleasant surprise. At first I was disappointed it departed from the arcade design I knew already, but then I grew to like it much more. Last boss and level is eerie and music was fitting all around. A high color version upgrade on TG-16 of the NES version would've been sweet!
Yeah, I prefer the NES version, but I played the hell out of the Lynx version because my friend didn't have many games. Ha!

nectarsis

the already mentioned :

Area-88  (a fave in my younger years)
Ninja Baseball Bat Man (LOVE LOVE LOVE this game)
Rastan  (EPIC music)
Contra/Contra arcade
TMNT arcade

My additions:

R-Type Leo (a home exclusive that would still stand til this day)

They could have started the compilation trend (arcade/Atari/publisher series)

the games that were being toyed with years ago (IIRC Keranu) Final Fantasy/Dragon Warior (upgraded graphics/colors/music)

Blaster Master
Space Battleship Yamato  (either rpg/srpg)
Super Robot Wars
Mega Man series
CPS2 goodness
No Geo shooties/baseball games
Crystalis
The Guardian Legend
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Gredler

Have I said NHL 9x series? Hit the ice and TV sports hockey are cool and all, but variety is the spice of life. Mario Lemieux Turbo Hockey?

Winniez

Quote from: Gredler on 09/22/2017, 05:57 PMHave I said NHL 9x series? Hit the ice and TV sports hockey are cool and all, but variety is the spice of life. Mario Lemieux Turbo Hockey?
I know I'm stretching the timeline a little but 2 on 2 Open Ice would have made a great arcade card cd game :) Quite a fun game btw, think NBA Jam but on the ice.

TR0N

Arkanoid given how taito gave the pce plenty of support.
Still my favorite breakout clone to date.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 09/24/2017, 03:18 AMArkanoid given how taito gave the pce plenty of support.
I played this at the ice rink all the time. It was great fun. DOH!

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 09/25/2017, 12:42 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 09/24/2017, 03:18 AMArkanoid given how taito gave the pce plenty of support.
I played this at the ice rink all the time. It was great fun. DOH!
Now say it like homer simpsons,doh !? Funny how it's sequel has it in the title to arkanoid II revenge of doh as well.
IMG

JAPJAC

JAPJAC`s TFP Fanitsu Capcom Power System CHANGER Definitive Resource is the first extensive and only competent expose in English on-line is here!:

(Under the TFP Features section):

http://www.japjac.proboards.com/
sig-top.jpg
JAPJAC - "A leading pioneer and expert in the field of Japanese videogame playing, studying & collecting in the U.K. since day one" © 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.
sig-bot.jpg