Faceball
IMG

Detana Twinbee
IMG

Digi.k

Mathius

Very nice! Thanks Digi!

Michirin9801

Wait, Faceball is on the PC engine?! I never knew...
Btw, Detana!! Twinbee impresses the hell out of me! It looks amazing AND it's on a HuCard! The music could be better though, it's fine for what it is, but still...

gilbert

Quote from: Michirin9801 on 07/26/2017, 10:00 PMWait, Faceball is on the PC engine?! I never knew...
And it supports 4 simultaneous players even, while (I think) the SFC version  supports only 2.
Unfortunately with all 4 players on screen it's not very pleasant, that it sometimes run choppily with low frame rate. After some of the players die it becomes smooth again.

esteban

digi.k... you are teh man. The PC Engine Pixelization Project (PCEPP) continues...

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Digi.k

not sure if I've added this already...

Force Gear hidden carnval game in Tokimeki Memorial
IMG

Digi.k

does:

Order of the Griffon count ?

IMG

Michirin9801

Quote from: Digi.k on 07/28/2017, 11:29 PMdoes:

Order of the Griffon count ?
Only if that gradient in the sky is being done with scanline interruption ;3
Otherwise, I'm unimpressed...

The other one looks awesome though!

Mathius

Did Order of the Griffon ever have any other ports ?

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 07/29/2017, 12:31 AMDid Order of the Griffon ever have any other ports ?
I don't think so... that's why it needs more love.

:)

Digi.k

Michirin9801

I wonder if the Game Sack video had anything to do with this last post...
Anyways, I just love this water effect it looks really nice!
Haven't played the game itself though... I've seen it, but I wasn't quite impressed before, probably because of the complete lack of parallax scrolling, and I hadn't seen the water effect, but I have to admit that the BGs do look very nice even if they're stuck on a single scrolling plane... Gotta love the gradient in the sky too! Those are always welcome.

Mathius

Quote from: Michirin9801 on 09/03/2017, 08:31 PMGotta love the gradient in the sky too! Those are always welcome.
Always! Especially when accompanied by a sunset.   :)

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 09/03/2017, 08:43 PM
Quote from: Michirin9801 on 09/03/2017, 08:31 PMGotta love the gradient in the sky too! Those are always welcome.
Always! Especially when accompanied by a sunset.  :)
I watched the ending of PCE Snatcher (it was linked in another thread) and it has the *most gorgeous* sunset over an ocean scene.

Of course, there are many that rival it on PCE...but it resale dis look nice.

:)

(The thread about PCE hardware being restored in games...pixel art of PCE console).

Digi.k

Worth adding ?

IMG
IMG
IMG

Also that thread about games that feature the pc engine..

Tokimemo has one..

IMG

Michirin9801

Holy crap, that first one looks gorgeous!!

Mathius

What game is that sunset one from?

exodus

Snatcher, mentioned above.

Digi.k

Bari Bari Densetsu
IMG

Sol Moonarge
IMG

Digi.k

NightWolve

Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys | Falcom & Hudson Soft | PC Engine CDRom² | 1993

IMG
IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG

Credit: Kishi's Gift of GIF - Thank goodness for Wayback machine, that talking-time forum was scraped in 2020, rebooted with XenForo, and the thread these were posted in is lost or offline currently! I'm using Wayback links mostly going forward, they should last the longest given the mission of that group.

Addendum: Find more Falcom animated GIFs and others by Kishi below e.g. from Ys I-III PC-98 ports. I might make a separate thread for it all:

wayback.snowy-day.net/grokyou/falcom/*
wayback.snowy-day.net/grokyou/brandish/*

And while not pertinent to the exact purpose of the thread (pixel animations), pretty Ys IV portraits/eye candy get thrown in while I'm here just for the heck of it:
Ys-IV-Portraits.webp

NightWolve

Saw these on Reset Era.

Legend of Xanadu
IMG

Sol Moonarge
IMG

Cotton
IMG

Tak-MK

Someday I'll play Cotton on the X68000... And Xanadu on PC-88 (at least that one's cheaper :lol: )
Didn't know Sol Moonarge, though :o